NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eli Manning 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

This is complete and utter bllsht. .  the problem is not ELI!!!!

there goes my sherpard value up in smoke!:mellow:

As a Giants fan, I am disgusted. McATrash needs to be fired. This is McAdoo covering his a** trying to blame Eli in hopes he can land somewhere in a year or two. Straight Gutless.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

As a Giants fan, I am disgusted. McATrash needs to be fired. This is McAdoo covering his a** trying to blame Eli in hopes he can land somewhere in a year or two. Straight Gutless.

I read they gave Eli the option to start in order to continue his streak but he turned it down. 

I don't blame them for benching Eli, really what's the point of marching him out there and possibly getting him injured.

EDIT:

"Coach McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis are given an opportunity to play," Manning said. "My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won't finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can."

Edited by Iron-cock

"Coach McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis are given an opportunity to play," Manning said. "My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won't finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can."

Why Eli? Why? mcdodo is finished as a coach you didnt have to concede to his request!

He'll land elsewhere next year.  As terrible as QB play is around the league, Eli is still a fine option for many QB-needy teams with decent overall rosters (Jax, Arizona, Broncos, Buffalo).

Edited by mjk356

I'm honestly surprised they didn't fire McAdoo first before benching Eli. Eli isn't the issue at all. He still gives them their best chance to win. No one wants to see more of Geno. And Webb... meh.

Just now, mjk356 said:

He'll land elsewhere next year.  As terrible as QB play is around the league, Eli is still a decent option for many QB-needy teams with decent overall rosters (Jax, Arizona, Broncos, Buffalo).

He has a 22 million dollar cap hit next year. 12 million in dead money on the Giants cap if they cut him. He is old and was never that good in the first place (outside of two GREAT playoff runs). The market for that kind of player with that cap hit is next to zero. Are the Giants willing to cut Eli and take on that huge dead money cap hit? Unlikely. 

There are a million things to blame McAdoodoo for this season, but to me this isn't one of them. I'd assume he got pressure from above to see what the other QBs can do (or rather what Webb can do, since we already know Geno sucks).

Manning's comments basically confirm that they offered him the option to stay the starter with the caveat that the other guys would get playing time, and he turned it down.

He's a terrible coach, but don't blame McAdoodoo for this one.

Not a giants fan but wow did they do this man dirty.  The same guy that delivered your dumpster fire of a franchise TWO superbowls.

Per McAdoodoo “over the next 5 games we will take a look at Geno Smith” ???

Cmon seriously, does anyone need to “take a look” at geno? Lmao, I just hope Eli lands in a good situation next year, he deserves it.

43 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Didn't think there would be a coach worse than Tomsula. I'm thinking McAdoo may have taken that title.

Edited by TheLegacy

Ever think maybe it was Eli's decision?  I watched that game the other day, the offensive line is a total joke.  On top of them he lost OJB and Marshall....and Sheperd.  He was being swarmed like bees on honey.  Yes, he has looked bad, but I don't really think he was the majority of the problem.

If this was Mcaddo's decision than he should be fired on the spot as he won't be back next year anyways and he totally disrespected Manning.  My guess is Manning just got tired of being killed...football became unfun.

3 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

Ever think maybe it was Eli's decision?  I watched that game the other day, the offensive line is a total joke.  On top of them he lost OJB and Marshall....and Sheperd.  He was being swarmed like bees on honey.  Yes, he has looked bad, but I don't really think he was the majority of the problem.

If this was Mcaddo's decision than he should be fired on the spot as he won't be back next year anyways and he totally disrespected Manning.  My guess is Manning just got tired of being killed...football became unfun.

Eli was only given the choice to start vs Oakland to keep Eli's consecutive start streak alive. McAdoo made it clear he would give Geno/Davis an opportunity to play over the course of the game. This one is on McAdoo.

Edited by TheLegacy
6 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

Eli is holding back tears right now. Eli was basically friggin crying. He said he did not agree with decision but he is a good teammate. Coach told him that he would take him out at half and he said no how can you prepare for that.

How can the organization allow McAdoo to infest the team like this. Then again, Reese will be out too so I can see how he could be all for this. Place the blame on anyone but him and McAdoo. Reese is an idiot. Invested nothing in OLine except Fluker. WOW.

Edited by nonstopfan

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. You are seriously going to blame Eli when you have the worst running backs in the league for years straight and he loses his number 1 and 2 receivers and has a rookie TE? And then replace him with the abomination that is Geno Smith!? You are replacing a two time Super Bowl Champion with Geno Smith!? If I were Eli, I would demand to be traded out of New York for this S*%t show.

Edited by MrPositive