NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Eli Manning 2017 Season Outlook

28 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I don't know what they expect, hes throwing the ball to nobody out there, they have no rb... Eli is the least of their worries 

No kidding. Look in the mirror instead Mcadoo. Eli has proven he can win with the right tools in place. They simply never draft high on a running back or get at least 3 decent ones like the Pats do. They get the mediocre ragtag non-dynamic (can't catch) rb's in existence and then just expect Eli to polish the turd with everybody and the kitchen sink ignoring the run and coming to kill him. O'tay

Edited by MrPositive

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrPositive said:

No kidding. Look in the mirror instead Mcadoo. Eli has proven he can win with the right tools in place. They simply never draft high on a running back or get at least 3 decent ones like the Pats do. They get the worst ragtag nobodies in existence and then just expect Eli to polish the turd with everybody and the kitchen sink ignoring the run and coming to kill him. O'tay

They've drafted plenty of running backs. The oline is what's been neglected. 

8 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Their backfield this season has been Darkwa, Perkins, and Gallman. Darkwa was an undrafted sign, Perkins a 5th rounder and Gallman a plodding mediocre 4th round choice. I wouldn't call that focusing on the position. Regardless, the best question right now is whether Eli will look better in a Broncos or Cardinals uniform?

Edited by MrPositive

6 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

The problem is Reese has hit big in certain drafts in round 1 Beckham Collins etc which has masked how mediocre of a GM he actually is.  After round 1 he is absolutely horrendous not to mention the recent linemen he’s picked. Regardless Reese and Mcadoo will both be gone, Giants will draft a QB and Eli will start the 2018 season as a giant or be traded to the Jags or Broncos.. and also they never draft RB’s last one was David Wilson and he got injured and was a bust his first season.

Edited by NyCro

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

Their backfield this season has been Darkwa, Perkins, and Gallman. Darkwa was an undrafted sign, Perkins a 5th rounder and Gallman a terrible 4th round choice. I wouldn't call that focusing on the position. Regardless, the best question right now is whether Eli will look better in a Broncos or Cardinals uniform?

He'll get destroyed behind either of those lines. Jags is the spot. 

1 minute ago, NyCro said:

The problem is Reese has hit big in certain drafts in round 1 Beckham Collins etc which has masked how mediocre of a GM he actually is.  After round 1 he is absolutely horrendous not to mention the recent linemen he’s picked. Regardless Reese and Mcadoo will both be gone, Giants will draft a QB and Eli will start the 2018 season as a giant or be traded to the Jags or Broncos.. and also they never draft RB’s last one was David Wilson and he got injured and was a bust his first season.

They just drafted Gallman. 

Just now, NyCro said:

He was a 4th round pick..... they haven’t invest high picks into RB.

Like you said, some of the picks have been great like ODB and Collins. But it masks all of the horrible picks. There haven't been many good picks for the Giants under Reese.

This is on Macadon't and Reese, they gave him nothing to work with, signed a past his prime Marshall, who gave them nothing and guys on defence who were good last but for some reason have been awful, I hope he goes to another team next year, he's past his prime but still servicable

6 minutes ago, Naboo said:

This just makes me sad. After 13 seasons and 2 SBs you can't let the man leave with some dignity ?

Great career 210 consecutive starts And you bench him for career back up who personifies suck so much that his own teammate punched him in the face! Unbelievable. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Mcadope

15 minutes ago, Corleone said:

The silence after the rants are always so epic.

10 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

They are just setting up for the draft.

I think management is content on tanking the rest of the season and drafting a QB with their top 3 pick.

They're just getting ahead of the game by benching Eli now.

Still a really crappy way to treat someone who helped bring a couple rings to the team.

Too bad Reese and McAdoo will be fired, this is basically a trickle down of fall guys with Maras approval basically having these two idiots fire themselves. Also they are already tanking lol 2-9 my friend they weren’t going to win games regardless with arguably the worst line worst stable of running backs and worst wide receivers in the league. Terrible way to treat a two time super bowl  winning QB benched for Geno Smith who is hot garbage. Really is a travesty that this joke of a coach and gm can finish the season but one of the best players in the history of your franchise cannot ??‍♂️

Edited by NyCro

Going into the season with a trash O line and Paul Perkins as the starting RB and expecting Eli to carry you by throwing to Beckham and an out of prime BMarsh was not a recipe for success. I feel for the guy, this is so disrespectful. He deserved to finish out the year and leave during the off-season.

Just now, Broncos132 said:

Going into the season with a trash O line and Paul Perkins as the starting RB and expecting Eli to carry you by throwing to Beckham and an out of prime BMarsh was not a recipe for success. I feel for the guy, this is so disrespectful. He deserved to finish out the year and leave during the off-season.

I understand the sentiment but disagree this is disrespectful. I actually think it is respectful. Dude is getting the crap beaten out of him on a weekly basis for a team going nowhere.

Benching him is a merciful act at this point. Dude is an icon in NYC and likely 1st ballot HOF QB - he doesn't need to be part of this clown show any longer.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

I understand the sentiment but disagree this is disrespectful. I actually think it is respectful. Dude is getting the crap beaten out of him on a weekly basis for a team going nowhere.

Benching him is a merciful act at this point. Dude is an icon in NYC and likely 1st ballot HOF QB - he doesn't need to be part of this clown show any longer.

I think the disrespectful part of it- both to the fans and media is when this goofball of a HC has the nuts to claim that starting Geno gives him and the Giants a better chance to win. I don't see how he or anyone else could possibly believe that. 

2 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

I think the disrespectful part of it- both to the fans and media is when this goofball of a HC has the nuts to claim that starting Geno gives him and the Giants a better chance to win. I don't see how he or anyone else could possibly believe that. 

I doubt he expects anyone to believe it - blame Mara if anyone.

PS I wouldn't doubt Eli is fine with it.

Edited by SuperJoint

7 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

That’s a positive way of looking at it, and I’d want to believe that that is the reasoning, but McAdoo is really under the impression that Geno is a better option at this point. It’s just not right 

Just now, Broncos132 said:

That’s a positive way of looking at it, and I’d want to believe that that is the reasoning, but McAdoo is really under the impression that Geno is a better option at this point. It’s just not right 

They're 2-9. Eli's job is to win Super Bowls - not steer the Titanic.