NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Eli Manning 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Giants fans should be ELATED about this! Geno Smth coming in means that the Giants have a better chance at getting an even higher pick in the draft! Maybe you can draft the next franchise qb! Shore up that offensive line! C'mon. He'll be back next year, and maybe the Giants will get back to the playoffs. Eli is the one who ultimately made the decision to sit the rest of this season out. It's a lost year for them. WHO CARES!

No, Eli is a competitor. Asking him to start a game to know he will be replaced mid game is an insult to him. He knows that and everyone else knows that.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

No, Eli is a competitor. Asking him to start a game to know he will be replaced mid game is an insult to him. He knows that and everyone else knows that.

where's the news source on that? did Mcadoo say, "I'm going to take you out at halftime" ?? 

2 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Ben Mcadoo actually said that today in his press conference.

Why would you leave your hall of fame qb out there to be embarrassed? Honestly. Doesnt Eli deserve better? Guy's been stinking it up this year. Mcadoo did him a favor. He'll be starting again nest season when the roster is better

38 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Why would you leave your hall of fame qb out there to be embarrassed? Honestly. Doesnt Eli deserve better? Guy's been stinking it up this year. Mcadoo did him a favor. He'll be starting again nest season when the roster is better

Ummm ... you're kidding right?

40 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Eli will never play another game for the New York Giants 

3 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

Ummm ... you're kidding right?

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Eli will never play another game for the New York Giants 

Im going off of the fact that he still has 2 years left in his contract. Who knows, I certainly dont. Either he stays with NYG, or he reunites with Coughlin in Jacksonville.

He's absolutely not retiring. He wasn't even playing badly. A 63% completion percentage with 14TD's to 7Int's is like middle of the pack at QB. And considering he was starting multiple games with practice squad wide receivers, I think he was doing pretty commendable. This was a stupid decision to try and scapegoat Eli as the reason they've been awful and it isn't his fault at all. Honestly, if Eli goes back there, he's a bitch, but no way in high hell he does. I see him in Arizona, Denver, or Jax next season.

Ever since John Kevin Mara mused about the extent to which his employee both physically and emotionally abused his wife, I realized he probably wasn’t someone to be trusted.

Words to live by: “He admitted to us he'd abused his wife in the past. What's a little unclear is the extent of that."

Good man....

Edited by BMcP

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Eli in Jacksonville?

They have talent no doubt, but there's a cloud hanging over that franchise.

I'd like to see Eli go to a more reputable, classic franchise. I'd hate to see him potentially tarnish his legacy with a mediocre final chapter in Jacksonville of all places 

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Ever since John Kevin Mara mused about the extent to which his employee both physically and emotionally abused his wife, I realized he probably wasn’t someone to be trusted.

Words to live by: “He admitted to us he'd abused his wife in the past. What's a little unclear is the extent of that."

Good man....

The Giants have lost their way.

They are now the Jets.

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Eli in Jacksonville?

They have talent no doubt, but there's a cloud hanging over that franchise.

I'd like to see Eli go to a more reputable, classic franchise. I'd hate to see him potentially tarnish his legacy with a mediocre final chapter in Jacksonville of all places 

Super Bowl contender in Jax next year - that ferocious D, Lenny Snaps, DeDe/Arob/Hurns/Lee (sure they won't all return, but), familiarity with Coughlin ... yeah, he could go out on top.

if not there, howzabout Arizona? who knows if Palmer comes back ... DJ, Fitz in his swan song, etc 

Personally, I would LOVE watching Eli go to Dallas; Dak has shown this season hes not the franchise QB everyone thought he'd be and for Eli to stick it to the Giants 2X a year for the next 2-3 years.

Of course it wont really happen...

*is a Cowgirls hating Giants fan*

Edited by Gryfter

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Super Bowl contender in Jax next year - that ferocious D, Lenny Snaps, DeDe/Arob/Hurns/Lee (sure they won't all return, but), familiarity with Coughlin ... yeah, he could go out on top.

It's just...Eli in that cartoonish Jaguars uniform...yuk

He'd be one bad interception away from morphing into Blake Bortles.

Sheesh,poor poor Eli,I don't get it,he had the option to start and declined.He deserves better treatment my azz,so did the San Diego Chargers when Eli pouted and refused to play for them.Just another day in the NFL,put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

24 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Sheesh,poor poor Eli,I don't get it,he had the option to start and declined.He deserves better treatment my azz,so did the San Diego Chargers when Eli pouted and refused to play for them.Just another day in the NFL,put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

that's a real BS knock on Eli ... no city is tougher on it's sports folks than NYC, and there are tons of media here to jump all over a guy when he falters - took balls to jump outta the frying pan and into the fire. 

btw, Elway did worse to the Colts ... hardly ever hear that horse faced jack arse slammed for it. 

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that's a real BS knock on Eli ... no city is tougher on it's sports folks than NYC, and there are tons of media here to jump all over a guy when he falters - took balls to jump outta the frying pan and into the fire. 

btw, Elway did worse to the Colts ... hardly ever hear that horse faced jack arse slammed for it. 

BS would be not truthful,like it or not what I posted was the truth.As for Elway I'll gladly slam him as well.