NBC Sports Edge Forums

4/9 Lineups & Weather - Game Day Thread

RE: Cole:

What happened since 2 years ago when he was a stud?  How did he just lose it?  He must be injured.

Just now, B&F said:

RE: Cole:

What happened since 2 years ago when he was a stud?  How did he just lose it?  He must be injured.

His secondary stuff never developed/grossly regressed.  I'll be honest I didn't watch him much in 2015, but did a lot last year and this year I've watched both starts.  His change up is a D- pitch, his slider is hardly ever in the vincinty of the strike zone when ahead in counts for put away pitches.  He just pipes 96 and MLB hitters can handle that.  0-2 to Freeman tried to blow him away and he roped a single.  Tried to blow Dansby away and put 96 on a Tee for a homer.  I don't see the hype.  I see a guy who's a thrower and not a pitcher.

Only taken 70 pitches to get through 3.  Lucky Kemp isn't in today.  Although he may have thought he was because he walked his backup on 4 pitches.  This is excruiating to watch.  Nothing pretty with this performance at all.  Thought Ray Searage was a god?

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

let's play some ball!! 

man Mookie looks so controlled up there... 

And Daniel Norris' stuff looks like freakin prime Zito with a 96mph fastball. Very impressed. 

Good to hear, missed most of his start. 2K's wasn't what I was hoping for but 2 runs in 6 is solid vs the Bo Sox.

Just now, swfcdan said:

Good to hear, missed most of his start. 2K's wasn't what I was hoping for but 2 runs in 6 is solid vs the Bo Sox.

I only caught the first inning... but he looked like a guy who should not be on league waivers 

5 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I only caught the first inning... but he looked like a guy who should not be on league waivers 

He isn't in my league. I own him in a 12 team keeper and 16 team dyno.

On another note is Kirk Gibson the most boring co-commentator ever. Dullest voice ever and isn't interesting to listen to, Rod Allen is dumb but at least is humorous.

12 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Where the hell did hellickson go?

Something happened to his hand when he was warming up for the top of the 6th was taken out as precaution. Havent had any updates yet. 

Archived