NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Devenski 2017 Outlook

exaulz

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His SP/RP eligibility in Yahoo is really nice as well -- especially with how many closer by committee situations around the league there are these days ... it forces you to roster/play a lot of RP in your pitching slots and you can essentially roster a 7th one with Devo's SP/RP eligibility.

9 minutes ago, DWright5 said:

Are people in standard roto leagues picking him up too?

That's where he has most value

To go even further, he's even more valuable in roto leagues with start limits

To go even even further, he's even more valuable in roto leagues that have start limits that also have k/9 as a category

Mine happens to be all three

13 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Yahoo finally got their act together and got the Dragon a picture.  

I tweeted at Yahoo last week to get Haniger and Devenski's pics in their profiles and my wish came true. I'd like to think it was because of me.

1 minute ago, CFN said:

I tweeted at Yahoo last week to get Haniger and Devenski's pics in their profiles and my wish came true. I'd like to think it was because of me.

I did the same thing with McCullers and Joe Ross last year and they had them up within a couple days. They had to have seen the tweets cause that stuff can't take longer than a few seconds to update lol

Only seven pitches for two punch outs and a full inning?

since baseball already took the first step and allows people to just gesture for intentional walks, they might as well allow managers gesture through a assumed Devenski strikeout.  "Robert Perez up? Eh, just come back to the dugout, it's over: speed this game along"

On 4/22/2017 at 6:24 PM, Phreedom32 said:

Yes to any question anyone has on his worth. Add now. Will he maintain his value? Who knows but right now he's just a machine.

Just jump in your time machine and go back 2 weeks and grab him.

2 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Am i the only one not seeing immense starting pitcher potential here ? 

There should be an outcry for this guy to get 100 pitches every 5th day and see how high the upside is. 

i agree with you, but it seems like a bunch of people (including various astros beat writers) scold anyone who brings it up. "he's too valuable in this role!!!!" sure. maybe the dodgers should convert kershaw to multi-inning relief. hella value 

20 minutes ago, wily mo said:

i agree with you, but it seems like a bunch of people (including various astros beat writers) scold anyone who brings it up. "he's too valuable in this role!!!!" sure. maybe the dodgers should convert kershaw to multi-inning relief. hella value 

Nonsensical comparison, Kershaw has already proven he thrives as a starter.

5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah it was, weird that you're lying about it when everyone can read your posts.

hi again.

i'm not comparing devenski to kershaw. i'm making a point about the relative value of the roles.

bullets:

* kershaw is proven as an elite starter

* devenski's performance level as a starter is unknown 

* devenski's performance in long (e.g. 4-inning) shutdown relief outings is pretty interesting w.r.t. what he could do as a starter

* people who object to trying him as a starter claim he's "too valuable" in his current role

* but

* if he could perform as a high-level starter,

* isn't that more valuable than a long reliever, no matter how shutdown?

* and if it isn't, shouldn't a lot of teams convert various high-level starters to relief?

* yet they aren't

* i used kershaw as the example as deliberate exaggeration to an extreme to make the point

that's what i was saying. thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain it so thoroughly!

Edited by wily mo