NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, marlin said:

Cooper reminds me of Julio Jones when Roddy white was there. You know he's going to break out, just don't know the year

Hopefully Cooper isn't like Julio and just gets ignored in the RZ his whole career. What makes Julio still a #2 fantasy WR and top 5 pick is that he gets 180-200 targets a season. 

I personally think Cooper's RZ targets positively regress to the mean and he hits double digit TDs this season. Somewhere around 10-12. 

If his TD production is north of 7 tds....he is a top 5 WR this year (or very close to it). 

The 2nd year WR entering his 3rd year. Carr is proving to be a pretty decent QB who still can improve. 

The rushing attack could be good or bad. Defense seems mediocre. 

There is a nice recipe for fantasy success here that is already backed up by on field production.  

1 hour ago, FFdisciple said:

Saw Cooper taken over Evans & Nelson last night.  Really shocked to say the least.

That's just crazy. I love Cooper this year, but taking him over Evans is quite a reach. In fact, if you take Evans in the 1st instead, you're likely to get Cooper in the 2nd and pair them up. I've already did that once this year.

9 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

That's just crazy. I love Cooper this year, but taking him over Evans is quite a reach. In fact, if you take Evans in the 1st instead, you're likely to get Cooper in the 2nd and pair them up. I've already did that once this year.

Thats what I did last night.  Surprised I got them both like that

2 hours ago, FFdisciple said:

Saw Cooper taken over Evans & Nelson last night.  Really shocked to say the least.

That's just dumb, like others have said you probably could have gotten both. There is reaching then there is just bad drafting.

• 2 weeks later...

I am encouraged but a little worried as well.

Carr was definitely making an effort to get Coop the ball in the redzone. But he dropped 3 catch-able passes in a row. Does Carr shy away from target-ing Coop in the redzone now as a result?

Hopefully it's just 1st game nerves and he continues to feed Coop in the end-zone. If Coop gets targeted like that in the redzone all year his ceiling is extremely high.

9 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

I am encouraged but a little worried as well.

Carr was definitely making an effort to get Coop the ball in the redzone. But he dropped 3 catch-able passes in a row. Does Carr shy away from target-ing Coop in the redzone now as a result?

Hopefully it's just 1st game nerves and he continues to feed Coop in the end-zone. If Coop gets targeted like that in the redzone all year his ceiling is extremely high.

That upset me as well, but no, he will continue to throw him the ball. 

I loved his performance other than that 1 series. He also had a long pass called back due to a penalty, but got his feet down nicely in traffic. 

The 3 drops - should have caught 1st one that snuck up on him. The 2nd one was a jump ball that was well defended. The 3rd one was a deflection at the line that should've been caught but those deflections can be tricky. 

Big season coming for this guy.

6 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

What happened is Crabtree.  I am a Cooper owner, took him w/my 2nd pick.  I think he will get his normal yards, etc... But it is becoming clear to me that Crabtree is the better Receiver.  

Sadly for us, I think you're probably right. Cooper is overrated and Crabtree is underrated. 

Cooper is still going to have great games so let's enjoy them when they come. 

8 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

What happened is Crabtree.  I am a Cooper owner, took him w/my 2nd pick.  I think he will get his normal yards, etc... But it is becoming clear to me that Crabtree is the better Receiver.  

He's the better fantasy receiver and better value but in real life Cooper is better.

13 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He's the better fantasy receiver and better value but in real life Cooper is better.

This is precisely what I disagree with.  In real life, and fantasy, Crabtree is the better WR.  They have thrown the same balls to Amari as they have to Crabs, difference is it works when they throw them to Crabtree.   

Cooper's floor is OK, and I expect him to hit it.  But not the WR1 I was hoping for.  

Just now, SpartanEric said:

This is precisely what I disagree with.  In real life, and fantasy, Crabtree is the better WR.  They have thrown the same balls to Amari as they have to Crabs, difference is it works when they throw them to Crabtree.   

Cooper's floor is OK, and I expect him to hit it.  But not the WR1 I was hoping for.  

Im pretty sure most teams shadow Cooper with their best CB which makes him the better real life WR. Crabtree is the better RZ threat but if Cooper went down his numbers would suffer.