NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

Sure, he is a guy low candidate if the owner wants to rage trade. If I had him, I would hold onto him if for nothing else, to not see him blow up,

on another team. But that takes a roster spot and those are valuable.

its a tough call. Looking at what he has done in the past and saying he has elite talent only goes so far.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper has been living off his "potential" ever since. Crabtree has always been a better receiver and will remain so until the raiders draft a better receiver. This guy is a classic waste of talent. We so many of these kids in the NFL. Great physical talent, 0 mental talent. Rather start guys like Agholor, Marvin Jones and Cooper kupp over this guy at this point.

43 minutes ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Cooper has been living off his "potential" ever since. Crabtree has always been a better receiver and will remain so until the raiders draft a better receiver. This guy is a classic waste of talent. We so many of these kids in the NFL. Great physical talent, 0 mental talent. Rather start guys like Agholor, Marvin Jones and Cooper kupp over this guy at this point.

are you throwing out everything hes done the past 2 seasons? no denying hes been the definition of a bust this year but i wouldnt define him as a waste of talent.

2 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

The David Carr of WRs. 

Now what?  Not to be a hater, but what would you do with any other 'starter' that put up 0 standard points over the last 3 games?

id plant him on the bench and hope he turns it around because his track record suggests he will. his qb is returning next week and it will go a long way in determining if ge has any value ROS. theres a chance.

Just now, CrastersCreep said:

id plant him on the bench and hope he turns it around because his track record suggests he will. his qb is returning next week and it will go a long way in determining if ge has any value ROS. theres a chance.

Bad news: the fantasy season is more than 1/3 over.  Would your boss let you slide if you didn't do jack  for 4 months this year?

Just now, Al.Davis said:

Bad news: the fantasy season is more than 1/3 over.  Would your boss let you slide if you didn't do jack  for 4 months this year?

whats your point? im my own boss so fortunately i get to d*ck off as much as id like to. hes not been benched IRL as far as i know and until that happens ill have him rostered and hope he turns it around.

2 hours ago, grimsfield said:

Good news: If you ever wanted to buy amari super cheap, now is a great time. Bad news:  seth roberts probably has more value right now.

Problem is that the current owners are way overhauling what his value is. Hard to even talk about a fair trade

The amazing part is the same delusional people from this year are going to prop him up into the 3rd round again next year because they will think the one or two random 150 yard games he will eventually have can be extrapolated over an entire season. Plus all the off season reports about additional chemistry with Carr!

I'm 4-1, OBJ owner. I'm offering Martavis Bryant and Delanie Walker for him (I have Brate, he has garbage). I think this is a fair trade. He still has better ROS value than what's on the wire. And his week 15/16 matchups are pretty solid. You have to assume/hope that once Carr comes back, they'll try to get Cooper going. 

With Crabtree doing so well, it'll only continue to soften the coverage on Cooper. He has certainly been garbage this year, but depending on your situation, he's worth a gamble ROS. Especially when your WR1 goes down. I need a chance at 10+ points from that position, not Marvin Jones ?

Edited by CocoaButter
3 minutes ago, CocoaButter said:

I'm 4-1, OBJ owner. I'm offering Martavis Bryant and Delanie Walker for him (I have Brate, he has garbage). I think this is a fair trade. He still has better ROS value than what's on the wire. And his week 15/16 matchups are pretty solid. You have to assume/hope that once Carr comes back, they'll try to get Cooper going. 

With Crabtree doing so well, it'll only continue to soften the coverage on Cooper. He has certainly been garbage this year, but depending on your situation, he's worth a gamble ROS. Especially when your WR1 goes down. I need a chance at 10+ points from that position, not Marvin Jones ?

At this point I would trade Coop for Walker straight up. I had Coop last year and knew to stay away from him this year. Although even I will admit I didn't think he would be THIS bad. I just never thought he was worth his adp going into this year.