NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Good comparison for this guy. Michael Clayton. Rookie year age 21-22, 80 catches, 1193 yards.

After, never to be heard from again. 

Also a first round pick.

Except Cooper hasn't been a one hit wonder. He had a 70/1000 yard rookie season and then backed that up with a 80/1100 sophomore season. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotoworld's Evan Silva's analysis of Cooper this week:

"By far Carr’s most-heavily targeted receiver, Cooper is the best buy-low target in year-long fantasy ahead of a soft rest-of-season schedule despite his painfully slow start. In Odell Beckham (5/97/1), Alshon Jeffery (3/29/1), Tyreek Hill (5/77/1), and DeVante Parker (4/85/0), each of the last four “No. 1” wideouts to face the Chargers have produced useful fantasy stats. I get downgrading Cooper to a WR3 play for the time being, but he is a talent to bet on and not against the rest of the way, and beginning this week. It should be noted that Chargers top CB Casey Hayward got burned up badly in last week’s win over the Giants, giving up long scores to Beckham and Roger Lewis."

Yuck.  The entire Raiders offense looked trash and even worse Crabtree remains Carr's go-to option with Cooper occupying the Martavis Bryant role.

On the positive side, Cooper had two fantastic plays that were called back on penalties unrelated to him, which would have added about 40 yards to his stat line.

11 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Lol... actually like to see 5 for 28 today... is this what I've come to?   Actually he had heyward on him all game 

Sadly that stat line was more than I expected and I also took it as a positive.

Next up is the dreaded Thursday night game and Peters who usually shadows the number 1 WR.  Oh wait...