NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

I'm starting him because it's either Cooper or Watkins, since I have Hopkins on a bye this week. And I just don't have the balls to start Marquise Lee or Robby Anderson over Cooper. I have absolutely no faith in Cooper this week, but am pretty much forced to start him.

Same here. I have to start him in my 1PPR over Cobb, Kupp, and Corey Davis. Gulp. KC 30th vs. the pass ... interesting stat.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'm starting him because it's either Cooper or Watkins, since I have Hopkins on a bye this week. And I just don't have the balls to start Marquise Lee or Robby Anderson over Cooper. I have absolutely no faith in Cooper this week, but am pretty much forced to start him.

I have a decent ppr option in amendola but I have faith.. or just blindness.. :ph34r:

I like him having a chance to redeem himself this week.  KC's given up too many yards against the pass and gameflow should benefit the OAK pass game as it's most likely KC's ahead.  As much as Cooper has to step up, it's also going to depend on how healthy and effective Carr is (since he hasn't been since Week 2)

Hopefully This is the beginning. 5 catches for whatever yards is at least an improvement. If you watched the game it should've been more but penalties called back some big catches. He's stat line could've been 7 for 80 or something like that. 

Not playing him again this week though. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, CraneKilla said:

Hopefully This is the beginning. 5 catches for whatever yards is at least an improvement. If you watched the game it should've been more but penalties called back some big catches. He's stat line could've been 7 for 80 or something like that. 

Not playing him again this week though. Lol. 

wish i had that option.

Came here trying to figure out if there's hope for this guy.  He still feels like a buy low to me.  I mean, he's been over 1,000 yards with 5-6 TD's his first two years in the league.  It's isn't like he's forgotten how to catch a football. 

I've got a guy offering me Cooper for Rishard Matthewsr.  Feels like a decent dart throw trade and Cooper would offer me more upside as a hold than Matthews.  I think this guy is just fed up with Cooper and hasn't even played him the past two weeks.

I have no idea if Cooper gets it going but I think I'd bet on him improving based upon his first two years and with his pedigree. 

I might as well get him and add him to my All-Fantasy Bust WR team along with Julio, Pryor and Martavis Bryant.  

3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Came here trying to figure out if there's hope for this guy.  He still feels like a buy low to me.  I mean, he's been over 1,000 yards with 5-6 TD's his first two years in the league.  It's isn't like he's forgotten how to catch a football. 

I've got a guy offering me Cooper for Rishard Matthewsr.  Feels like a decent dart throw trade and Cooper would offer me more upside as a hold than Matthews.  I think this guy is just fed up with Cooper and hasn't even played him the past two weeks.

I have no idea if Cooper gets it going but I think I'd bet on him improving based upon his first two years and with his pedigree. 

I might as well get him and add him to my All-Fantasy Bust WR team along with Julio, Pryor and Martavis Bryant.  

Cooper has better season long prospects. Everyone expects Matthews to pretty much lose ground to Corey Davis.

In one league, I offered R. Kelly for Cooper to a RB needy team. No go.

Have this feeling he's going to look good this week. Game is at home. Carr with another week to recover. There have been signs of progress. AC's track record against KC is pretty good (while Crabtree's is far worse), and KC D is giving up yards through the air. And, per several sources, Cooper is only expected to run 1/3 of his routes towards M. Peters.

Oh, and I really have no other choices.

27 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Have this feeling he's going to look good this week. Game is at home. Carr with another week to recover. There have been signs of progress. AC's track record against KC is pretty good (while Crabtree's is far worse), and KC D is giving up yards through the air. And, per several sources, Cooper is only expected to run 1/3 of his routes towards M. Peters.

I had Cooper and I wouldn't do that either. I go down with the ship unless i get something I really like.

8 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

I think the mods are on strike - these sh*t posters are rampant. 

I'm handling it, but you guys have to help us out and use the "Report Post" feature when you see stuff like this instead of complaining in-thread, which just contributes to the noise.  (Thanks to the user who did.)

offensive coordinator Todd Downing believes the unit is close to finding its footing.

“When you look at the tape, you can see that we’re so close on so many things,” Downing said, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com. “I know that sounds cliché and I know that sounds like someone sitting up here … [with] rose-colored glasses, but it’s the truth. We know that we’re just this close to making a couple more plays each game and being able to come out on top and feeling like we put together a good product.”

Downing is in his first season as offensive coordinator after the Raiders elected to let Bill Musgrave walk after last year. Oakland ranked sixth in total offense last year and seventh in points per game under Musgrave a season ago. That Raiders team averaged 65.5 offensive plays a game. The current iteration has managed just 54.3 plays per game through six weeks this season.

“We’ve unfortunately had a low play count over the last four weeks when we’ve been struggling,” Downing said. “The first couple of weeks we had a higher play count and did well. So, we just need to get back to being able to sustain drives and keep the ball moving.”

Carr is supposedly back to full health after missing his one game due to injury. With a quick turnaround to face a strong Kansas City team Thursday night, the Raiders need to find answers quickly before they slide too far back in the AFC playoff hunt. If they’re really as close as Downing believes, it shouldn’t take much to get back on track.

th-1.jpg

6 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I tend to agree with you.  KC has given up 10 TD's to receivers this year - that's the most of any team!  They rank 7th in overall receiving yards at 990.

Raiders are 2 - 4 right now, and I think they are really feeling the urgency to win a game, and approaching this as a must win game at home.  

" Whereas Crabtree will run nearly half of his routes at Chiefs top cover man LCB Marcus Peters, Cooper runs 65% at other areas of the field. Although I’m still standing behind Cooper as a buy-low target in season-long leagues, he remains best viewed as a volatile Thursday night play with wonky career stat lines of 5/29/0 > 10/129/0 > 2/20/0 > 4/69/0 against Kansas City."  (http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/75129/179/matchup-chiefs--raiders)

So 65% of the time he isn't going to receive top coverage, elite route running, against a team giving up the most TD's, at home, must win game (my hypothesis), received more targets last week, and I'm thinking he it may not be that bad of a move flexing him.  My only reservation is the Thursday night game curse.

Im rolling out Cooper tonight. I think he avoids Peters enough and chiefs are good enough to put up a couple scores to where it forces Oak to throw. My only other option is Watkins, and nobody has time for 2 targets a game. Cmon coop, break out baby!

18 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Im rolling out Cooper tonight. I think he avoids Peters enough and chiefs are good enough to put up a couple scores to where it forces Oak to throw. My only other option is Watkins, and nobody has time for 2 targets a game. Cmon coop, break out baby!

I got amendola and I'm still going cooper. I think he does well tonight. at least I'm positively telling myself he will eh

2 minutes ago, floppy said:

I got amendola and I'm still going cooper. I think he does well tonight. at least I'm positively telling myself he will eh

I know the dude has sucked this year, but he still is a great talent. 2 passes were voided last week due to penalties and tbh, carr has played like crap as well. I feel like he will do well also. Im hoping for 7/85, but would assume his TD probability is less than 30%. I can deal with 8.5 points though lol. Pray hard, only 10 hours away until we find out.

Also, probably the worst way to make a decision, but I like to play guys who I can actually watch haha

I think things are starting to look up for Coop. 6 targets last week. Holding penalty negated his yardage on that 31 yard completion. His routes and separation were nice to see.

I have him in my 1PPR lineup over Cobb and Kupp.

KC can be thrown on. 

Chiefs have allowed 27 or more points in five of their last six road games in addition to the NFL’s eighth-most passing yards (1,485) and 12th-most fantasy points to quarterbacks.

Whereas Crabtree will run nearly half of his routes at Chiefs top cover man LCB Marcus Peters, Cooper runs 65% at other areas of the field.

image.png.60d495d8b03b1b5bd2780e7d82100377.png

26 - 7 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 7

Next # in the sequence is 26.  At this point I'd happily take 5-62-1.

Starting w/ little confidence (Nuk on bye and the other option is Buck Allen vs MIN which is not a slam dunk either).

Better days ahead for Coop.  Fingers crossed that he has a solid 2nd half starting tonight.

Edited by ragrag