NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

40 minutes ago, ragrag said:

5-28-0 vs LAC

but, a 25 yds rec was wiped out on a BS holding call 

and, another for 30 yds which would have been a TD was stopped by a great play on the ball by their SS.

That line could have easily been 7-83-1.  Coop is a lot closer to having a breakout game than the box scores might suggest. 

Fingers crossed it happens tonight!

And his bum a** will stay on the bench until that happens.  I'll be happy to miss his breakout after I miss 3 or 4 weeks of duds along the way.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone is jumping for joy about Peters potentially shadowing Crabtree, but wouldn't the Raiders prefer to line up Crabtree away from Peters, considering Cooper is struggling?

If you were Del Rio would you rather try and get Crabtree or Cooper more open based on how they're playing?

I'm just trying to look at it from a different perspective...

46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Because Peters does not shadow opposing #1 WRs. Probably would have seen that had you taken more than a cursory glace at this thread.

My whole world has been turned upside down after seeing you benched Henry. Food doesn't taste the same, colors look dull, and I often sit staring at the wall pondering the meaning of life.

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

I know everyone is jumping for joy about Peters potentially shadowing Crabtree, but wouldn't the Raiders prefer to line up Crabtree away from Peters, considering Cooper is struggling?

If you were Del Rio would you rather try and get Crabtree or Cooper more open based on how they're playing?

I'm just trying to look at it from a different perspective...

To answer your question, Cooper.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Your problem, not mine, or Amari's, whose thread we are in.

Ah, but it has everything to do with Cooper. When you say you're starting him, how can we trust you? You need to regain our trust, Mr. Cleats. Otherwise I feel like I'm trusting a used car salesman.

Just now, street sharks said:

Is that because you own him or because you actually think he'd benefit the team more than Crabtree right now?

There is nothing wrong with Cooper, he is healthy and is a top 5 route runner in the NFL.

Crabs is tall and a great RZ threat but Cooper is the better all around receiver.

Crabtrew is never taking a wr screen to the house.

Last year Musgrave called WR screens to amari. This year downing calls wr screens to cordarelle patterson. Go figure.

Just now, mrblonde1984 said:

Ah, but it has everything to do with Cooper. When you say you're starting him, how can we trust you? You need to regain our trust, Mr. Cleats. Otherwise I feel like I'm trusting a used car salesman.

Except i never told anyone i was starting Derrick Henry last week, not that it matters.

Its fantasy, yall act like its life or death....Although after just re watching Saw 3, Its probably as painful as the dude ripping the chains from his skin. That being said, who cares what @DerrickHenrysCleats says lol....Take a risk, play the fool. Worst thing that can happen is he gets 0-3 points like usual. Best case he gets 8-15 and then you worry about next week. lol

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Its fantasy, yall act like its life or death....Although after just re watching Saw 3, Its probably as painful as the dude ripping the chains from his skin. That being said, who cares what @DerrickHenrysCleats says lol....Take a risk, play the fool. Worst thing that can happen is he gets 0-3 points like usual. Best case he gets 8-15 and then you worry about next week. lol

I care

13 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Is that because you own him or because you actually think he'd benefit the team more than Crabtree right now?

Idk man, Crabtree has outperformed Cooper the last 4 games and they've lost every one, maybe they'll try to switch it up :lol:

55 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

ALL ABOARD THE START AND PRAY TRAIN TONIGHT!

HES DUE RIGHT? (every cooper owner who is saying screw it throwing him out there including me)

I'm on board with zero confidence.  Only this keeping him in my lineup is Parker's injury. 

17 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

screw it i'm starting him.

5 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

He’s due for a breakout....

5 minutes ago, drumr470 said:

I'm starting him. A phantom holding call and an incredible defensive play prevented him from having a 7/80/1 day last week

giphy.gif