NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

I can't even say I'm surprised, just seemed like a matter of time until he reverted back to the mean a bit.  This is why we took the risk and drafted him over the Dez Bryant and Doug Baldwin. 

But, damn, it feels good to start him based on an entire college career of GOAT, and first two years in the NFL with 1,000 yd+ seasons, instead of sitting him because of a few bad games.  Saw him at rank #35-55 this week on various ranking sites.  ROFLEXLOLFLEXLOOOOL.

I mean- the rankers weren’t wrong. He was horrendous up to today.

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

I mean- the rankers weren’t wrong. He was horrendous up to today.

Anybody ranking a player with Cooper's track record in the 30-50 range is doing it wrong.

You can't have knee jerk reactions with established stars. 

Cooper's age 21 & 22 seasons put him in rare company historically at the position. He didn't just wake up one day and forget how to play WR. It was only a matter of time before he started producing.

Just now, EmbargoLifted said:

Anybody ranking a player with Cooper's track record in the 30-50 range is doing it wrong.

You can't have knee jerk reactions with established stars. 

Cooper's age 21 & 22 seasons put him in rare company historically at the position. He didn't just wake up one day and forget how to play WR. It was only a matter of time before he started producing.

Yeah. Maybe. But a funk is a funk. I’d rarher be wrong about him than be a fool who put him in the top-10 when I had no data this season to even back my ranking.

glad cooper turned it around though. He looked good today!

11 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

That's the first full game I watched of him this season. He still dropped 2 or 3 very catchable balls and drew a big pass interference on another big play so it was far from a perfect day but he caught enough and once he caught the ball he was dangerous in the open field. Even in past seasons he is very streaky

Wouldn't be surprised when he drops a dud next week after everyone had him on their bench this week. 

He had 2 drops. The one at the 5 yard line was bad. 

But he more than made up for it with that clutch 40 yard reception on the game winning drive. Knew he was getting hit but held onto that ball between 2 defenders.

2 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Sell Sell Sell unless you think the raiders are going to give him 20 targets every game ros.

Week 12 V Den

Week 13 NYG

Week 17 @ SD

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Week 17 isn’t in play for a lot of formats.  Playoff weeks 14-16 are all very favorable. I don’t expect 20 targets and 47 points a game here on out but 11 targets, 6 catches for 70 yards or 13-19 points seems reasonable 

Edited by marlin
Just now, kdubb44 said:

Sell Sell Sell unless you think the raiders are going to give him 20 targets every game ros.

Week 12 V Den

Week 13 NYG

Week 17 @ SD

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Well they had their best offensive game of the year, so maybe they will. SD isn't scary at all. NYG scare me because of Jackrabbit, but that's about it

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yeah. Maybe. But a funk is a funk. I’d rarher be wrong about him than be a fool who put him in the top-10 when I had no data this season to even back my ranking.

glad cooper turned it around though. He looked good today!

Obviously the shine wore off some after weeks of disappointing results ... so no he wouldn't be top 10 prior to this game ... but you slide him down some in the rankings .. you don't ignore all the data / track record (e.g. his previous 30+ games of being one of the better WRs in the game) and drop him so far in the rankings that he's borderline waiver fodder / sold off for peanuts. 

Agonized all day about Coop vs Lynch in the flex. Even had Coop in there for most of the day then decided Lynch had a safer floor. Lol me. Oh well, sometimes logic doesnt win out even though my gut was screaming COOPER! At leas my raiders won a very important game and Amari is alive again. For those who started him, congrats but nobody saw this coming. Maybe a good 10 point game but no one saw 33 points. 

1 minute ago, kdubb44 said:

Week 12 V Den

Week 13 NYG

Week 17 @ SD

Using him more and they won the game. There's no reason to sell, besides everyone is hip to that notion... What you think someone is gonna say "oh here take my AB for your Cooper!!"... He might finally get going and find his groove from here on out 

1 minute ago, kdubb44 said:

Week 12 V Den

Week 13 NYG

Week 17 @ SD

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Lol silly. Those defenses could look vastly different by then plus week 17 is irrelevant.

moreover, several of us here just bought him low with the idea he was going to return to form.

no way im selling my new WR3 who just put up the best WR score this season 

3 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Week 12 V Den

Week 13 NYG

Week 17 @ SD

Playoffs are weeks 14-16.

Try harder.

Who cares about selling high or maximizing value right now. Let's just enjoy these next few days. We just started a dude that put up 11-210-2 on TNF.

Im going to enjoy this. For the next few days before Sunday's games....everyone in our leagues is gonna see that 40 burger on the scoreboard. 

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Who cares about selling high or maximizing value right now. Let's just enjoy these next few days. We just started a dude that put up 11-210-2 on TNF.

Im going to enjoy this. For the next few days before Sunday's games....everyone in our leagues is gonna see that 40 burger on the scoreboard. 

Yea, I'm loving it. It'd be loving it more tho as this was my Rodgers team but yea Im just enjoying that performance 

after rewatching the OAK vs LAC game I had a feeling he was set to go off today.  

but it was listening to the cocky imbecilic CBS fantasy experts talking about must-sit Cooper and Carr when I knew for sure I had to roll them out there.  Gotta fade those morons every time.

Edited by ragrag