NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Every so often the sun shines on a dogs a**...still glad I traded him after week 3 he's been a massive disappointment 

Want some fries with that salt?

Seriously....this was the ultimate buy low candidate....traded for him last week and am fortunate.

The player who broke records for their productivity in their first two years does not fall off the map so easily....

Congrats to those who started him and best of luck moving forward!

I don't own Cooper so this is just my honest opinion. I would look to sell high after this game. You see what kind of headache he can be to own. Marcus Peters was on Crabtree so that took him out of the equation for the most part. 

cooper will win you 2-3 weeks a year but he will leave you disappointed the other weeks. 

On April 12, 2017 at 5:47 PM, joshua18 said:

Crabtree is the #1 WR in OAK and has been the last 2 years -- in targets, TDs, and fantasy points. Unless his play falls off a cliff, Cooper's ceiling is limited.

Time for the "Joshua flip-flop"

5 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I don't own Cooper so this is just my honest opinion. I would look to sell high after this game. You see what kind of headache he can be to own. Marcus Peters was on Crabtree so that took him out of the equation for the most part. 

cooper will win you 2-3 weeks a year but he will leave you disappointed the other weeks. 

Ok so he is Julio Jones, got it

Edited by Novaray
1 minute ago, Under500Forever said:

Almost every player in fantasy is inconsistent. Seriously, there are only a handful of guys that you can count on (Zeke, Bell, DJ, AB) week to week and even they have down games. Cooper had 11 double digit games out of 16 (PPR) last season. That is hard to complain about, especially a player with the talent and offense to singlehandedly win you some weeks as evidenced by last night. 

Consider this too- the WR who,is not covered by Peters usually Feasts, am I right?  So, don’t think this is going to be the norm for Cooper.  Not all teams are weak after their number one CB like KC is.  I believe KC is the second worst passing defense in the NFL so that was the game he should have busted out. 

Coop is a very talented player. Back to back 1,000 yard season. The season starts now for the Amari owners.

this year (2017) before the season started. I am a believer that Amari Cooper in 2018 will be drafted in the first round. 

10 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Consider this too- the WR who,is not covered by Peters usually Feasts, am I right?  So, don’t think this is going to be the norm for Cooper.  Not all teams are weak after their number one CB like KC is.  I believe KC is the second worst passing defense in the NFL so that was the game he should have busted out. 

Cooper feasted on Peters last night. Quit trolling. 

53 fantasy points last night and tennismenace is worried about other teams 2nd best CB?

Not worried, OBJ level talent with a few dropsies, ill take it.

What should be taken from this was how the oakland offense used him. He was their swiss army knife tonight, moving him around to create favorable matchups for him, like the giants do for obj to get him favorable matchups.

Raiders fed cooper and beat the best team in the nfl last night, i expect that to continue.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
45 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

For those who are selling him....who are you looking to get in return?

I picked him up yesterday for Cohen/JWhite prior to his blow-up. I suspect he would return quite a bit more now with last nights results, but I have no plans to part with Coop now even though his stock is higher. He could have easily put up 300 yards last night if it were not for the dropped balls. The potential is there.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

53 fantasy points last night and tennismenace is worries about other teams 2nd best CB?

Not worried, OBJ level talent with a few dropsies, ill take it.

What shoukd be taken from this was how the oakland offense used him. He was their swiss army knife tonight, moving him around to create favorable matchups for him, like the giants do for obj to get him favorable matchups.

Raiders fed cooper and beat the best team in the nfl last night, i expect that to continue.

I think some of the Coop haters must be Boxscore/Redzone only GM's.

Gotta watch the tapes.  

Great game to watch for us cooper owners. Yes he had a couple drops, but 11-19 is somewhat misleading due to the fact, 2 were jump balls double covered, one was thrown 5 feet behind him, one at the ground and another was a pass interference. 

I really like that they moved him in slot and all over field. Crabtree has great hands and im sure he isnt a fan of cooper getting 19 targets, but i think its in Oaks best interest to get him at least 9-12 a game. If this young man works on his hands, which can be fixed, he is going to have a great career.

That being said, I just hope they come up with the same game plan each week. He has speed to make a difference and it doesnt take much for him to get loose. He has to continue the momentum into next weekend. Congrats for everyone who started him.