Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

53 fantasy points last night and tennismenace is worried about other teams 2nd best CB?

 

Not worried, OBJ level talent with a few dropsies, ill take it.

 

What should be taken from this was how the oakland offense used him. He was their swiss army knife tonight, moving him around to create favorable matchups for him, like the giants do for obj to get him favorable matchups.

 

Raiders fed cooper and beat the best team in the nfl last night, i expect that to continue.

me specifically cannot stand playing in leagues that give bonuses and bonuseses. 53 fantasy points is just too many 

 

Coop is too talented the time is now for Coop owners

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Onyx said:

 

I picked him up yesterday for Cohen/JWhite prior to his blow-up. I suspect he would return quite a bit more now with last nights results, but I have no plans to part with Coop now even though his stock is higher. He could have easily put up 300 yards last night if it were not for the dropped balls. The potential is there.

why would any owner trade Coop for that garbage?

 

stupid stupid .... having owners like that in a fantsy league is a ball buster

Link to post
Share on other sites

haha the sell high people either got traded him away for nothing or benched him last night.. I tried telling ya the stars would align on this one. guy went from WR71 to WR15

 

"I feel like no one has mentioned how dreadful the matchups were for Amari Cooper during his four-game skid.

 

In the two favorable matchups this year, he's got 16 rec/272 yds/3 TDs. After the bye in wk10, Cooper gets NE, @ KC, DAL....

 

Couple of tough matchups thrown in there with DEN and NYG, but Coop's in for some more big games right around fantasy playoffs season

 

Mo Claiborne in wk2, Josh Norman in wk3, DEN secondary on the road in wk4, BAL wk5, Casey Hayward and LAC in wk6....

 

People need to cool it with the 'drops'. Cooper's ability to create separation and gain yardage after the catch grossly outweighs his drop %"

 

 

Edited by floppy
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

why would any owner trade Coop for that garbage?

 

stupid stupid .... having owners like that in a fantsy league is a ball buster

At least that league makes trades. My league either doesn't make unless that person is the clear through and through winner or they dont even propose or counter. Kinda boring, but it is what it is lol. I think moving forward coop owners will be surprised. I can see averaging 8 targets/game ros. They just have to utilize him like last night moving him all over and being creative with their offense. Crabs is extremely efficient in whatever he sees. Its kinda a perfect mix.

Edited by Zekepeak86
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see Amari have a good game, now he can get overdrafted again in the 2nd round next year! 1 great game does not makeup for him tanking most lineups the past 5 weeks. Even when he does have a good game, there's a decent chance it's on most people's bench because of the previous inconsistency. This is why I will never buy shares of him, never know when to trust him. The end of season results may look fine, but I bet most of the points scored by Amari will be on people's benches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

me specifically cannot stand playing in leagues that give bonuses and bonuseses. 53 fantasy points is just too many 

 

Coop is too talented the time is now for Coop owners

 

Everybody plays by the same rules and drafts guys who can hit 100,150,200 receiving yards or rushing, wee all.go into the season knowing the rules.

 

Personally id hate to see amari go for 200 and 2tds and only score 32.

 

All fantasy football is knowing your scoring settings and drafting accordingly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

At least that league makes trades. My league either doesn't make unless that person is the clear through and through winner or they dont even propose or counter. Kinda boring, but it is what it is lol. I think moving forward coop owners will be surprised. I can see averaging 8 targets/game ros. They just have to utilize him like last night moving him all over and being creative with their offense. Crabs is extremely efficient in whatever he sees. Its kinda a perfect mix.

So are you telling me you rather be in that league then your own?

Give me your league everytime then a league that makes garbage trades

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Catch23 said:

Great to see Amari have a good game, now he can get overdrafted again in the 2nd round next year! 1 great game does not makeup for him tanking most lineups the past 5 weeks. Even when he does have a good game, there's a decent chance it's on most people's bench because of the previous inconsistency. This is why I will never buy shares of him, never know when to trust him. The end of season results may look fine, but I bet most of the points scored by Amari will be on people's benches.

Like floppy said above,  it wasn't like he had a bunch of easy match ups, granted you would expect more from such an elite talent, but there are mental and physical obstacles in life for everyone. Carr actually looked good last night and the offense was dynamic. Moving coop around the field, feeding him targets, crabs being effective in his looks....It is how the raiders need to approach each week. Same gameplan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i doubt Cooper will have another game like he did last night this year, but im hoping Raiders use him like they did last night going foward so we can finally put him in our lineups does anyone feel comfortable putting cooper back in your lineups next week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

why would any owner trade Coop for that garbage?

 

stupid stupid .... having owners like that in a fantsy league is a ball buster

Simple really, Coop was a buy low prior to yesterday's game, owner bit....and I was the fortunate recipient. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Catch23 said:

Great to see Amari have a good game, now he can get overdrafted again in the 2nd round next year! 1 great game does not makeup for him tanking most lineups the past 5 weeks. Even when he does have a good game, there's a decent chance it's on most people's bench because of the previous inconsistency. This is why I will never buy shares of him, never know when to trust him. The end of season results may look fine, but I bet most of the points scored by Amari will be on people's benches.

 

More details please.

 

First game they committed double digit targets to amari he explodes.

 

His and the teams early season struggles have been well documented.

 

This cat is out of the bag now and you are not putting it back in.

 

The chance to buy low on amari is over, i acquires him for davante parker and expect him to flourish

 

As Amari goes, so goes the Oakland Raiders season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

i doubt Cooper will have another game like he did last night this year, but im hoping Raiders use him like they did last night going foward so we can finally put him in our lineups does anyone feel comfortable putting cooper back in your lineups next week?

 

Yeah, like, totally and for sure duderino.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leopard said:

If anyone was willing to trade Cooper(us cooper owners) as of today, what would be some offers you guys will be sending out?

well since i bought cooper for low i wouldnt trade at the moment would still be hard to get decent vaule cause of his previous 5 weeks, now if coopers comes out next week @Bills and put up 6/100/1 something around thoes line i would try to get a RB1 for him like Gordon,Mccoy,Freeman along thoes lines

Edited by JrsKars
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Catch23 said:

Great to see Amari have a good game, now he can get overdrafted again in the 2nd round next year! 1 great game does not makeup for him tanking most lineups the past 5 weeks. Even when he does have a good game, there's a decent chance it's on most people's bench because of the previous inconsistency. This is why I will never buy shares of him, never know when to trust him. The end of season results may look fine, but I bet most of the points scored by Amari will be on people's benches.

 

Not mine, let me know if any of your Amari-less teams make the playoffs.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Everybody plays by the same rules and drafts guys who can hit 100,150,200 receiving yards or rushing, wee all.go into the season knowing the rules.

 

Personally id hate to see amari go for 200 and 2tds and only score 32.

 

All fantasy football is knowing your scoring settings and drafting accordingly.

no kidding .. we all play by the same rules.

I just stated my opinion--- when you have bonuses on bonuseses skews the league. It just doesn't seem fair

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

i doubt Cooper will have another game like he did last night this year, but im hoping Raiders use him like they did last night going foward so we can finally put him in our lineups does anyone feel comfortable putting cooper back in your lineups next week?

 

 

38.5 points later....yeah, i feel pretty darn comfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^Or the vent thread. If the raiders D can show up(i have shady so I hope not running wise), they could be in line for a lot of possessions next week which hopefully results in a lot of targets for cooper. I think he is back on track. Feed your star young receiver, after all, his contract will be up after next yr and you do not need him on the FA list. 

Edited by Zekepeak86
Link to post
Share on other sites

Their offense also came to life with a change in philosophy.

 

They continuously pushed the ball downfield, rather than this dinking and dunking nonsense that they were crippling Carr and Cooper with earlier in the year.

 

honestly I have no idea why more OC's don't take more shots down field. Not only does it relieve pressure and foster unpredictability,  it seems there is always going be a healthy percentage of PI called on those deep balls.

 

if they keep Cooper stretching the field and allow Crabtree to be the possession receiver, the good games should continue 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...