NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

How many had guys in their league who benched him this week? Ooooouch. Wish I was playing that guy this week.

I don't think this is some big breakout though. KC just played terribly on a Thursday game. I see a couple more duds in the future. If I had him I'd be trying to cash in on trade from this game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, straw18 said:

How many had guys in their league who benched him this week? Ooooouch. Wish I was playing that guy this week.

I don't think this is some big breakout though. KC just played terribly on a Thursday game. I see a couple more duds in the future. If I had him I'd be trying to cash in on trade from this game.

2 more duds out of 9 more games?

Why dont you think this is some breakout? Gut feeling or diarreah?

1 hour ago, straw18 said:

Had him benched. I have Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Adam Thielien and now Demaryius Thomas as my other WR though. I don't have a crystal ball, when you put up 100 yds + 1 td over 5 weeks or so I'm going to bench you. 

Just happy to see life in him he'll be back up in my lineup in the future.

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2 more duds out of 9 more games?

Why dont you think this is some breakout? Gut feeling or diarreah?

So Jared Cook had a breakout too? KC just played horrible, guys were running around wide open. And still he had a couple of dropped passes in that game. I can see Carr going back to Crabtree when it inevitably happens again, especially in games where there will be actual coverage of receivers.

18 minutes ago, balotelli773 said:

Had him benched. I have Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Adam Thielien and now Demaryius Thomas as my other WR though. I don't have a crystal ball, when you put up 100 yds + 1 td over 5 weeks or so I'm going to bench you. 

Just happy to see life in him he'll be back up in my lineup in the future.

Sorry man, your're right. I've been there before, having a guy explode but benched. Makes my Mondays miserable lol. I was more commiserating than saying haha.

Edited by straw18

Buy low window should be slammed shut. If you got in while the getting was good and skeeved a WR1 for bargain prices hats off– he has the potential to win you your league and that's not overreacting or being a homer.

Some players like a Chris Thompson will "regress to the mean" where their production cannot possibly stay afloat. Something similar could be happening with Fuller (who I also own) and his value right now because his TD dependent fantasy production isn't likely to continue at this rate unless volume/targets go up. Cooper just progressed to the mean in this instance and should be bolted in as a low end WR1 with upside or high end WR2.

7 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Cooper owners starting him this week against the Bills? He's got me a few goose eggs this year, I'm not sure I'm ready to have to faith him.

Absolutely. The way the raiders targeted him last week and moved him in the slot and all over the field, did exactly what they said they were going to do...No way do they not do that again. They realize his talent and need to get him the ball. They also understand crabtree utilizes and is effecient with however many targets he gets. I see another 10 target game for cooper this week and lining up in the slot. You stick with the hot hand.

10 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Absolutely. The way the raiders targeted him last week and moved him in the slot and all over the field, did exactly what they said they were going to do...No way do they not do that again. They realize his talent and need to get him the ball. They also understand crabtree utilizes and is effecient with however many targets he gets. I see another 10 target game for cooper this week and lining up in the slot. You stick with the hot hand.

This 100%. Took them a while but they figured it out last week. No reason Cooper shouldn't be featured and moved around like last week. Locked and loaded.

These are all the Wide Receiver's that produce pretty well against the Bills Secondary only team that didn't do to well are Atlanta and Jets, If they use Cooper like they did last week He prolly can put up a 20 Point game maybe bigger

M.Evans 7/88/1 Week 7
A.J.Green 7/189/1 Week 5
D.Thomas 6/98/0 Week 3
E.Sanders 7/75/0 Week 3
K.Benjamin 6/77/0 Week 2

22 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Had that in the 1st quarter last week

Not trolling here, but can we really bank on 1 game when the previous 4 were complete duds? i get that you're optimistic and rightfully so, but we can't put all our eggs into one game can we?

I think he'll be fine going forward ad a top 15-20 WR. OAK I think will continue sharing the passes and he'll have his big games and his lower games. I just hope the duds are over. He is too talented for those.

Edited by Dark Kn19ht