NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

He's one of about 15 guys in the world that can give you 40+ in any given week.  That should be all the talking into you need.  

or could be the guy that's got me 20 total points in the 6 games I've started him.

2 hours ago, Szer0 said:

I'm not sure what .25 on a dollar or nonsensical buying low on amari. His owner just offered me an unsolicited offer of the amari "40 pts on bench" cooper for my aj green... arguing it will help my team.

Catching and holding on to the ball is the way to win. Aka touchdowns

So throw it to amari then. Crabs dropped balls last week so what? Amari is the better player

1 hour ago, munygon2 said:

Yes, because I think they'll be looking to get payback and it's in KC this time instead of the short week.

Thats not the issue with KC. The issue is that they have only one good cornerback, Eric Berry is out, and they can't defend the pass. 

18 hours ago, ak427 said:

Thats not the issue with KC. The issue is that they have only one good cornerback, Eric Berry is out, and they can't defend the pass. 

They can’t defend much of anything right now- short of whoever Peters is covering.   They survive on ball control, pass rushing, and turnovers.      Since Marcus doesn’t switch sides-   Cooper could go off again very easily.   The Raydahs should absolutely exploit this

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

They can’t defend much of anything right now- short of whoever Peters is covering.   They survive on ball control, pass rushing, and turnovers.      Since Marcus doesn’t switch sides-   Cooper could go off again very easily.   The Raydahs should absolutely exploit this

Maybe you could shoot Todd Downing an email reminding him of this?

Thanks in advance,

DHC

21 hours ago, SpartanEric said:

He's one of about 15 guys in the world that can give you 40+ in any given week.  That should be all the talking into you need.  

That's not valid logic. He put up 40+ points in a week and he is still ranked as basically a WR3. Think about that.

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The KC team he put up 200 and 2 on?

I know, don't get me wrong I am starting him.  I was just worried that this may be his only blowup of the year outside of game one.  If the schedule looks good then I'm not going to trade him off.

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That's not valid logic. He put up 40+ points in a week and he is still ranked as basically a WR3. Think about that.

You keep starting Jamison Crowder as your 3, get a bunch of dud games and then one blow up for 18.  I'll get the same from Amari except the blow up game will be 3X the points you get and win me a week.  

That's the logic being implied.  

11 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

I know, don't get me wrong I am starting him.  I was just worried that this may be his only blowup of the year outside of game one.  If the schedule looks good then I'm not going to trade him off.

Yup, that will be his only good game of the year.  It's over.  

Just now, SpartanEric said:

Yup, that will be his only good game of the year.  It's over.  

2nd half of the season starts sunday, clean slate for coop in my opinion. Rocky 1st half, lets see how the 2nd half of his season goes.

Still hate Todd Downing and the raiders reluctance to fire him due to his bromance with Carr

Anytime a player gets me 10 points in PPR, I'm satisfied. Your team won't put up 160 points each week. Blow up games come in waves, so if you have a WR that can put up 10 while another player goes off for 25+ points, that's a good day. If your lineup consistently sucks, that's just on you lol

Just now, street sharks said:

Anytime a player gets me 10 points in PPR, I'm satisfied. Your team won't put up 160 points each week. Blow up games come in waves, so if you have a WR that can put up 10 while another player goes off for 25+ points, that's a good day. If your lineup consistently sucks, that's just on you lol

I sat him this week but he got 7.8 points in 0.5 PPR and 7.7 the week before. I'll gladly take that as a floor over the complete duds he was getting between weeks 2-6.

Carr and the OC are still holding back his potential however.

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I sat him this week but he got 7.8 points in 0.5 PPR and 7.7 the week before. I'll gladly take that as a floor over the complete duds he was getting between weeks 2-6.

I believe his continued struggles w/ dropping the ball is what's holding him back.  At some point (if we're not already there), DC and the OC are going to go away from him in big moments b/c they just need a possession.

Edited by ragrag
9 minutes ago, Evincar said:

How did he look tonight? Wasn't actually able to watch the game, just saw the numbers and Cook having the game of his life <_<