NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, ragrag said:

I believe his continued struggles w/ dropping the ball is what's holding him back.  At some point (if we're not already there), DC and the OC are going to go away from him in big moments b/c they just need a possession.

Eh I suppose. I cant disagree that his hands arent a problem. But Carr just isnt going beyond his 1st read, almost to the point where makes up his mind pre-snap where he wants to go. Plus he's antsy as hell when facing pressure, too scared to take a hit.

Crabtree didnt have a great game either and had a pretty bad drop late in the game as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, street sharks said:

How did he look tonight? Wasn't actually able to watch the game, just saw the numbers and Cook having the game of his life <_<

I only saw the second half: looked mostly good, was getting open and he was the first read on at least one 3rd and 5 (got the 1st). Did have what looked like another drop, but was hard to tell for sure if it was a drop or if the defender did enough to make him miss. Kept getting targets through second half.

Imo he's a hold. I wanted to trade him so badly until his 200 yard game, now just trying to value him as a low-end wr2 that has some potential to blow up. Should be a starter for most lineups ros.

Kinda bummed about this performance.

Raiders best game of the year by far was the gaame they targted cooper early and often. I didnt even see look coopers way the 1st 3 drives. 1st pass to him was at his feet. Tried a wr screen thay carr had a bad pass on and then mostly quiet the rest of the night.

I still think its the OC and Carr, you got to feature your best WR.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kinda bummed about this performance.

Raiders best game of the year by far was the gaame they targted cooper early and often. I didnt even see look coopers way the 1st 3 drives. 1st pass to him was at his feet. Tried a wr screen thay carr had a bad pass on and then mostly quiet the rest of the night.

I still think its the OC and Carr, you got to feature your best WR.

Yeah it’s true....but he was regularly involved second half.   Not a terrible final stat line although a TD would have looked better.    It was Jared Cook and Lynch’s night-  won’t always be the case.  

As a Pats fan that watches all their games, my guess is that the defense handles this somewhat similarly to the Thomas/Sanders combo last weekend in Denver, where Stephon Gilmore focuses on the bigger threat (Thomas/Crabtree), while Malcolm Butler focuses on the shiftier of the two (Sanders/Cooper). Both corners have had their struggles this year, and Butler allowed over 100 yards for Sanders before shutting him down in the second half last week. Both receivers had good fantasy days with Brock Osweiler as their QB, so I feel moderately confident that both are good plays this week. 

19 minutes ago, SITG said:

As a Pats fan that watches all their games, my guess is that the defense handles this somewhat similarly to the Thomas/Sanders combo last weekend in Denver, where Stephon Gilmore focuses on the bigger threat (Thomas/Crabtree), while Malcolm Butler focuses on the shiftier of the two (Sanders/Cooper). Both corners have had their struggles this year, and Butler allowed over 100 yards for Sanders before shutting him down in the second half last week. Both receivers had good fantasy days with Brock Osweiler as their QB, so I feel moderately confident that both are good plays this week. 

Only issue is that Sanders actually has hands.

im debating if I want to Flex Cooper or not.

if he can get 8 pts, I’m okay. I’m hoping he can be my X Factor this week 

20 minutes ago, SITG said:

Yeah, playing against Sanders last week i watched him closely and he burned malcolm butler bad. Butler even gave him props on one of the long catch and runs. He did go quiet in the 2nd half but i felt like that had more to do with the blowout and osweiler faceplanting during garbage time instead of padding the stats.

My optimism stems from Carr being Much better than Osweiler and Cooper being better than Sanders.

Hoping for 100 and a TD on 10 targets.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, playing against Sanders last week i watched him closely and he burned malcolm butler bad. Butler even gave him props on one of the long catch and runs. He did go quiet in the 2nd half but i felt like that had more to do with the blowout and osweiler faceplanting during garbage time instead of padding the stats.

My optimism stems from Carr being Much better than Osweiler and Cooper being better than Sanders.

Hoping for 100 and a TD on 10 targets.

Yeah Butlers been very streaky this year, but when he's on he locks people up. Sounds like someone else in this thread...

Definitely a volatile situation but has the potential of a big game. Especially considering the way the Patriots offense is running, I would be very surprised if Oakland isn't playing catch up for the majority of the game. 

Edited by SITG

2 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

The NE D has been better lately, but If you own Coop, I feel like you deploy him this week. 

Its true they have been better, but NE has faced a bad broncos offense, a bad chargers offense, a mediocre ATL offense with a ton of talent and a mediocre bucs and jets offense. They also had cam when he was more getting to full health and struggling worse than he is now. Those offenses should all be less than the raiders and they are all except the falcons sneak in ahead of them on points per game by .01

I think this is a fairly high scoring game this week. I can see a 37-27 game patriots

Edited by Zekepeak86

4 hours ago, SITG said:

I feel like Crabtree is without a doubt more of the Sanders here. Cooper is a bigger WR so I'd think Gilmore would take him. Thtat would not be good.

Just don't see A. Cooper going off here. Bill B. probably knows exactly what makes this guy uncomforable and will keep him feeling that way.

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I feel like Crabtree is without a doubt more of the Sanders here. Cooper is a bigger WR so I'd think Gilmore would take him. Thtat would not be good.

Just don't see A. Cooper going off here. Bill B. probably knows exactly what makes this guy uncomforable and will keep him feeling that way.

Gilmore hasnt been good this year.

Edited by Evincar

11 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Gilmore hasnt been good this year.

Did you watch the game?

I literally watched every Gilmore snap since I was facing D. Thomas. He was glued to D. Thomas. They hardly went his way. If it wasn't for a bailout, backside TD he would have been 4-30 ish. 

Previous to that performance, he's been out multiple weeks.

Gilmore is good. If he's on Cooper, forget it.