NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Did you watch the game?

I literally watched every Gilmore snap since I was facing D. Thomas. He was glued to D. Thomas. They hardly went his way. If it wasn't for a bailout, backside TD he would have been 4-30 ish. 

Previous to that performance, he's been out multiple weeks.

Gilmore is good. If he's on Cooper, forget it.

Shutting down DT isnt a problem anymore. He cant separate. His best days are clearly behind him.

Im more worried about Carr's play than Gilmore being on Cooper.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Did you watch the game?

I literally watched every Gilmore snap since I was facing D. Thomas. He was glued to D. Thomas. They hardly went his way. If it wasn't for a bailout, backside TD he would have been 4-30 ish. 

Previous to that performance, he's been out multiple weeks.

Gilmore is good. If he's on Cooper, forget it.

Gilmore is rated #78 CB which is below average on PFF.  D Thomas is not Amari Cooper,  Amari Cooper has the athleticism to burn CBs like Gilmore.  New England is not a matchup to avoid.  The under/over is 53 and Oakland figures to be down most of the game, they will have to throw a ton.

52 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

This guy is a must start this week. Its going to be a crazy high scoring game. And if NE decides to double and shut anyone down its going to be crabtree. 

Let’s hope so. He’s in my flex this week with no other options due to byes. I’m not expecting much tbh. Sad I sat him his one blow up game and lost. 

7 minutes ago, DemonFF said:

Let’s hope so. He’s in my flex this week with no other options due to byes. I’m not expecting much tbh. Sad I sat him his one blow up game and lost. 

Hes not a lock just like julio isn't a lock anymore either for blow out games. But the right matchup is going to be there and I'm sure the targets will too. I also know I could live with a bad game from him in my starting line up vs a monster game on my bench.

Edited by StevenSC400

The patriots weren't giving up a ton of points and yardage in their first few games due to lack of skill or talent, it was miscommunication, blown reads, people being out of position. Gilmore is new to the system and the Pats lost safety Logan Ryan to free agency, so it seems like it was more growing pains than anything else. They're getting comfortable with the system now and have shown vast improvement, but they're still not an amazing defense and have some holes. Like others said, I think a lot of this game will depend on how Carr plays. Patriots haven't been big on putting pressure on the QB, so he shouldn't be hurried up too much. 

I refuse to trust this guy until he can consistently put up decent points. Every week people say he's a must start and he disappoints almost every week. It seems like he's a boom or bust guy and he's busted every week besides two this year. I'm done playing games with him for now.  I'm starting Sterling Shepard over him.

New England couldn’t cover Emmanuel Sanders (6/137/0) last Sunday night and also gave up a useful game to Demaryius Thomas (5/44/1). On the season, the Patriots have allowed the NFL’s second-most receptions (121) and yards (1,765) to wide receivers. This is a mouth-watering draw for Crabtree, who has scored a touchdown and/or cleared 80 yards in 6-of-7 healthy games. … Cooper’s volatility isn’t going away, but his upside remains immense in a cake matchup like this. He has drawn nine or more targets in three straight games, and New England’s inability to generate pass rush should give Cooper opportunities to come open deep.

LOL  this was his 3rd best fantasy game of the season. Surely you guys still don't have high expectations for him. I was forced to start him since Shepard was out. That garbage TD was nice but man the Raiders look bad right now. Hopefully I don't have to start this guy again.

Some people are still chasing that monster game he had against KC for some reason. The guy got 33 points in one game in my league,(standard) and all the other 10 weeks combined he has 34. He's definitely not worth the risk.

Edited by WVFalcon

28 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

LOL  this was his 3rd best fantasy game of the season. Surely you guys still don't have high expectations for him. I was forced to start him since Shepard was out. That garbage TD was nice but man the Raiders look bad right now. Hopefully I don't have to start this guy again.

Some people are still chasing that monster game he had against KC for some reason. The guy got 33 points in one game in my league,(standard) and all the other 10 weeks combined he has 34. He's definitely not worth the risk.

What does this even mean?

Cooper is a freak athlete/beast after the catch. He gets peppered with double digit targets on average. This combination is going to lead to week-winning fantasy days. Bench at your own peril.

Edited by EmbargoLifted

2 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

What does this even mean?

Cooper is a freak athlete/beast after the catch. He gets peppered with double digit targets on average. This combination is going to lead to week-winning fantasy days. Bench at your own peril.

You're talking about week-winning fantasy days? How many games has he already lost for you? It's already week 12 and he's had 2 good games and a ton of duds, and there are only 6 weeks left. He better hurry up with those week-winning fantasy days because he's running out of time.

I get that he's a freak athlete, but I look at production and he just simply hasn't produced this year, and the Raiders offense is hot garbage right now. In my opinion he's a situational flex based on matchups. Good luck starting him against Denver.

I hope you're right because I can't drop him or trade him( no one wants), I'd love for him to start balling out. I've got Woods and Shepard and I'm rolling with either one of those 2 most weeks over Cooper at the moment, and it's worked out for the better.

Edited by WVFalcon