NBC Sports Edge Forums

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

36 minutes ago, DMCO said:

If Crab is gone I really want nothing to do with Cooper unless they roster a blue chip receiver to take the pressure off. Now, I'm speaking from the perspective of a 1pt PPR person so I'm a slave to recs. Cooper might be a bigger red zone threat without Crab which could bump his standard value, but there are so many questions I can't be talked into it.

cordarrelle may finally have his very long awaited and no longer talked about breakout season with crabtree gone :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I don't know much about Gruden aside from him being a TV announcer and being an entertaining analyst sort of like a modern day Madden but  the enthusiasm probably has more to do with his 'personality'  because I'm not sure why  teams are falling over themselves to pay up for a guy with only a single SB title in 10yrs as a HC.

Did he develop great QB's or was he an off/def genius  before he was a HC?

Gruden is an offensive guy. Came up as an assistant with GB and QB coach for Brett Favre after being a tennessee graduate assistant.

OC for eagles 1995-1997, got Irving Fryar in 96 and Fryar had back to back 1,000+ yards receiving and a pro bowl, eagles went 10-6 in 96. Raiders hired Gruden in 1998. Gruden was/is a QB coach/guru, he had Rich Gannon in Oakland, an older, cerebral QB. He had Tim Brown and Jerry Rice in Oakland and they were both 1,000 plus yard receivers every year. before Jerry rice joined Tim Brown he had 154 targets, 1300 yards and 11TDs as Grudens WR1.

8 wins in 98, 8 wins in 99, 12 wins in 2000, 10 wins in 01, 11 wins in 02 and then traded to TB.

He won the superbowl with Dungys defense he built but needed his offensive skill to get over the hump.

Gruden had Brad Johnson as QB in TB, another older/cerebral QB. Many used to say that gruden preferred a real smart qb cause of his complicated terminology, not sure the truth to that but he had Michael Clayton as his wr1 woth nobody great at wr2 and Clayton got 140 targets a season.

Gruden needs a great d coordinator but he has had 1,000yard and double digit TD WRs everywhere he has coached so Amari Cooper stock is blowing up with the idea of gruden as coach and derek carrs stock should be too.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Gruden is an offensive guy. Came up as an assistant with GB and QB coach for Brett Favre after being a tennessee graduate assistant.

OC for eagles 1995-1997, got Irving Fryar in 96 and Fryar had back to back 1,000+ yards receiving and a pro bowl, eagles went 10-6 in 96. Raiders hired Gruden in 1998. Gruden was/is a QB coach/guru, he had Rich Gannon in Oakland, an older, cerebral QB. He had Tim Brown and Jerry Rice in Oakland and they were both 1,000 plus yard receivers every year. before Jerry rice joined Tim Brown he had 154 targets, 1300 yards and 11TDs as Grudens WR1.

8 wins in 98, 8 wins in 99, 12 wins in 2000, 10 wins in 01, 11 wins in 02 and then traded to TB.

He won the superbowl with Dungys defense he built but needed his offensive skill to get over the hump.

Gruden had Brad Johnson as QB in TB, another older/cerebral QB. Many used to say that gruden preferred a real smart qb cause of his complicated terminology, not sure the truth to that but he had Michael Clayton as his wr1 woth nobody great at wr2 and Clayton got 140 targets a season.

Gruden needs a great d coordinator but he has had 1,000yard and double digit TD WRs everywhere he has coached so Amari Cooper stock is blowing up with the idea of gruden as coach and derek carrs stock should be too.

One thing I have noticed in his weekly game commentary is he doesnt seem to be a big fan of the short passing game. He seems to favor the deep ball vertical game.