• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, fillypkno3 said:

Fornette 3.4

hunt 3.7

mcffery 3.8

cooks 4.7

Honest question, whats the draw with fournette and mcaffrey? Isn't ivory gonna eat into fournettes reps? Isn't mccafrey gonna lose alot of value because he probably won't get goal line work? I'm just trying to figure out why people are taking those two so early.

Edited by grimsfield

I went WR-WR-WR, which is against anything I believe in, and I think I even talked sh*t about it earlier in this thread, haha.  We'll see how it pans out!  My tiny 5 player bench is stashed with RB lottery picks.

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Any suggestions for 3rd and 4th round targets in standard?

Been at this all summer and I still feel like its a complete crap shoot this year.

I've seen M Thomas and Gurley fall to the third round in my drafts although I'm avoiding Gurley myself. I've also seen Gronk go third early too...the best 4th round picks I saw in my last money draft was Cook and Keenan imo

1 hour ago, grimsfield said:

Honest question, whats the draw with fournette and mcaffrey? Isn't ivory gonna eat into fournettes reps? Isn't mccafrey gonna lose alot of value because he probably won't get goal line work? I'm just trying to figure out why people are taking those two so early.

Great questions imo...I like Mccaff in the fourth or fifth rounds but wouldn't touch Fournette where he is going. I think everyone is hoping to get the next Zeke

My favorite draft this year I took five straight RBs...Bell, Miller, Zeke, Montgomery, Ingram and wound up w M Bryant and Crowder as my WR...makes me kind of wish I hit the RBs harder on all my drafts Bc the team turned out pretty solid. Otoh I could have taken a WR w the Miller or Monty picks and still wound up w a great team I think. I tried going zero RB for first 5 rounds and team looked like dog foo so my takeaway is this year just isn't the best to go WR heavy

Went RB heavy myself this year as well. There are just some guys you have to pick up if they are available.

I was drafting 10th in a 12 team PPR.

1. McCoy
2. Murray
3. McCaffrey

Where I messed up a bit was in Rd. 4 where I didn't like any of the top WRs available, so I went straight for my WR lottery pick in Hogan. (There's a Pats fan in my league who has a habit of taking all the NE players really early, so I didn't want to lose out on him). Also passed up on Kelvin Benjamin later to snipe Rex Burkhead in the 5th. For a WR core I added Thielen, Ginn Jr, K. White, and Lockett. 

I went WR/WR last year and it bit me in the a**, with A-Rob being a complete bust and Julio letting off gas a bit towards the end dealing with injuries. So I feel a lot more confident taking money RBs early, where the only thing that will affect production would be injuries. Aside from guys like Brown, Jones, Nelson, Beckham, I just didn't feel confident enough in them to skip on drafting a surefire RB. It all depends what is available when your time to pick comes up.

For RBs I finished off with a a DeMarco cuff in Henry in the 10th. Overall I like how my draft went. I have no attachment to most of my WRs, so I'll be less hesitant to sit any of them on any day if the matchup isn't in their favor. I didn't sit many of my "stud" WRs last year because I had so much invested in them and paid the price so many times. Although it's worth noting, the same thing happened to me with Gurley as well. So, you'll just have to weigh all these things in the early rounds.

Edited by tooalive
1 hour ago, maxim730 said:

I went RBs first 3 rounds too and then WRs mid rounds.. tons of mid round WR value (Bryant, Diggs, Parker, etc.)

This is the year to load up on RB early. It's ugly after the 5th round.

Edited by ponchsox

I'm in a 12 man PPR drafting out of the 10 spot.

Lots of people apparently are going RB heavy, but my plan is to basically punt RB2.  Take Freeman or Murray in the first, then cuff in Rd 6 or 7.  Squad should look something like this:

1 - Freeman/Murray

2 - Gronk

3 - WR

4 - WR

5 - WR

6 - RB cuff

7 - WR

8 - Cousins/Cam

9 - WR

10 - Charles

11 - Forte

12 - Cohen

13 - Pats RB

2 hours ago, tooalive said:

Where I messed up a bit was in Rd. 4 where I didn't like any of the top WRs available, so I went straight for my WR lottery pick in Hogan. (There's a Pats fan in my league who has a habit of taking all the NE players really early, so I didn't want to lose out on him). Also passed up on Kelvin Benjamin later to snipe Rex Burkhead in the 5th.

Sounds like you preemptively went full Patriots homer. Not good. You never go full homer.

12 hours ago, tooalive said:

Went RB heavy myself this year as well. There are just some guys you have to pick up if they are available.

I was drafting 10th in a 12 team PPR.

1. McCoy
2. Murray
3. McCaffrey

Where I messed up a bit was in Rd. 4 where I didn't like any of the top WRs available, so I went straight for my WR lottery pick in Hogan. (There's a Pats fan in my league who has a habit of taking all the NE players really early, so I didn't want to lose out on him). Also passed up on Kelvin Benjamin later to snipe Rex Burkhead in the 5th. For a WR core I added Thielen, Ginn Jr, K. White, and Lockett. 

I went WR/WR last year and it bit me in the a**, with A-Rob being a complete bust and Julio letting off gas a bit towards the end dealing with injuries. So I feel a lot more confident taking money RBs early, where the only thing that will affect production would be injuries. Aside from guys like Brown, Jones, Nelson, Beckham, I just didn't feel confident enough in them to skip on drafting a surefire RB. It all depends what is available when your time to pick comes up.

For RBs I finished off with a a DeMarco cuff in Henry in the 10th. Overall I like how my draft went. I have no attachment to most of my WRs, so I'll be less hesitant to sit any of them on any day if the matchup isn't in their favor. I didn't sit many of my "stud" WRs last year because I had so much invested in them and paid the price so many times. Although it's worth noting, the same thing happened to me with Gurley as well. So, you'll just have to weigh all these things in the early rounds.

Hogan in the 4th round?  It's normally a good idea to go with your gut, but I think you missed the mark badly on that one.. 

On 9/5/2017 at 7:50 PM, tsh00k said:

Hogan in the 4th round?  It's normally a good idea to go with your gut, but I think you missed the mark badly on that one.. 

Disagree entirely.  He could be Brady's mini-Jordy.