NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think there 's a whole lot to see here on this injury. Tim Riordan, a producer on SiriusXM Fantasy, attended the game NH game yesterday and said that Vlad Jr was in the dugout and moving aroun

Just wanted to reaffirm that Vladdy Jr. isn't being held back by his D. Not sure why it's being perpetuated (more than likely a combination of his size\build and out of date scouting reports). He's ac

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

What am I missing here, is it that impressive to go deep with the ball on a tee?

From what I can gather - yes, it's difficult to generate the power required to homer off a tee.

The ball is just sitting there, rather than rebounding off the bat with the momentum provided by the pitcher.

I know I'm just repeating what others have said but he's 19 years old.  His AVG is around 0.400.  His OPS is around 1.100.  He has the same number of walks as he does strike outs.  He has 3 more extra base hits now than he does strike outs.  This is just incredible.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

I know I'm just repeating what others have said but he's 19 years old.  His AVG is around 0.400.  His OPS is around 1.100.  He has the same number of walks as he does strike outs.  He has 3 more extra base hits now than he does strike outs.  This is just incredible.

It's worth repeating that Vlad Jr. turned 19 years less than 2 months ago. And that he's easily the youngest player in AA.

Because one cannot repeat this enough.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

It's worth repeating that Vlad Jr. turned 19 years less than 2 months ago. And that he's easily the youngest player in AA.

Because one cannot repeat this enough.

It's also worth repeating his daddy is big bad Vlad Sr. 

So...yeah. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

Dynasty rankings:

1. Trout

2. Harper

3. Betts

4. Vlad Jr.

Not trying to get off track too much on this ballers thread. I’m stoked for him to join my squad once the Blue Jays just can’t wait anymore. He is forcing their hand and I already believe with his all around approach he’s ready for it.

But I can’t still name a few I’m taking ahead of him. One for sure is Machado. 

6 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Not trying to get off track too much on this ballers thread. I’m stoked for him to join my squad once the Blue Jays just can’t wait anymore. He is forcing their hand and I already believe with his all around approach he’s ready for it.

But I can’t still name a few I’m taking ahead of him. One for sure is Machado. 

I don't blame anyone who wants to take Machado, Correa, Judge, Turner, etc.

Consider this perspective though -

Vlad Jr. is nearly 7 years younger than Machado. Even if Vlad doesn't become an asset until 2019, that's still 6 years of additional expected production for Vlad Jr.

I'm not trying to dismiss Machado, but at this point if you average Vlad's floor and Vlad's ceiling, it's probably something around the Machado range. 

Normally I would never rank a prospect this way, but I think Vlad Jr. is a rare exception.

I realize that my opinion may be way out of the norm though.

he needs a dietician

On the Padre forum I asked if they would trade Tatis, Gore, Baez and Quantrill for him

the consensus was no, I was the only hell yes

Edited by Golden Spikes
4 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

What am I missing here, is it that impressive to go deep with the ball on a tee?

I am guessing you probably never played much baseball?  Not being mean or anything, but hitting a ball 350+ off a tee is not easy and very few people can do it