NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

Gauthmann44

36 minutes ago, Rhandome said:

Hector Gomez is legit. I've seen ESPN and MLBN use his reporting. IIRC he broke the news of the Eloy extension.

I think he broke the Eloy news with an absurd(incorrect) contract amount, but he was first on the news. 

4 hours ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

But don’t they have a series at home against the Giants beginning April 23rd? 🤣

Yeah. The quibble is 3 in 3 days before he puts on a Jays jersey because, uh, because of . . . well just because. IMO the rest days while it rains in Buffalo are worth more for a muscle strain anyways, but I'm not a doctor I just got slapped by one as a baby. Anyway, I'm chosing to believe Hector Gomez so until someone proves him wrong its a moo point.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

The 23rd bt-dub. So as per usual, you heard it here first. Kudos @Idoolittle or was it somebody else?

I think there were quite a few that said the 23rd over the past few weeks. But I might have been the first one to suggest this could be a realistic call up date given the schedule and whatnot when I mentioned it back in January. I think I said April 22 (the off day), but same thing.

Regardless, we won't know for sure until he's actually called up. There's really only one source confirming he'll be called up that day with a few other sources saying it's still not guaranteed. So we'll just have to wait and see.

There had been prior rumblings that the Blue Jays were eyeing the first game of their homestand (Tuesday versus the Giants) for Guerrero's promotion, but manager Charlie Montoyo told Nicholson-Smith that he "[didn't] think" that would be the case. 

Complete speculation, but my guess is that they pushed back the start date to the 26th because of the potential game 7 between the Bruins and the Leafs that could be on the 23rd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

Absolutely the Raptor and Leaf schedule is factoring into the timing of Vlad's callup

It is the Blue Jays, so you never know.  They have to try to make Vlad's call-up a big deal even though it's over a season later than it should have been...

"Welcome, Vladimir Guerrero, Jr.!  We still don't care about winning a baseball game this season, but he's here!  I mean....  Wait, where is everybody?..."

Edited by KilloWertz

11 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

There had been prior rumblings that the Blue Jays were eyeing the first game of their homestand (Tuesday versus the Giants) for Guerrero's promotion, but manager Charlie Montoyo told Nicholson-Smith that he "[didn't] think" that would be the case. 

Complete speculation, but my guess is that they pushed back the start date to the 26th because of the potential game 7 between the Bruins and the Leafs that could be on the 23rd. 

What's with this over thinking it? If they bring him up on the 23rd they will find there fans watching the hockey game on the TV's in the walkways of the baseball standium and all they should cure about is there fans being there and they will be,

• Like 1