NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sleepers and players to avoid 2017-2018

1 minute ago, ber said:

Who do you expect to pick at 11th or 12th rounds in the draft as the more complete players?

Plenty of guys, I get my blocks from better wings earlier on, and get percentage shooting guards who hit 3s and steal in the latter rounds, like the ones listed above. 

Crabbe would fit the mold of someone I'd chase because my steals / blocks / 3s already came when I drafted Aaron Gordon, James Johnson, and to a lesser extent TJ warren in the mid rounds.  

It frees you to grab any one of Hield, Powell, Lamb, etc. All 45 percent, high FT, 3s, scoring. I just strategize differently, so it doesn't require me to take those guys to get shot blocking wings late, because they come with weaknesses.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I should mention since this is starting to get controversial.

Your builds and your own projections play into your biases.

personally don't like my SFs to not hit 3s. I chase 1 / 1 / 1 talent but I want them to be versatile and have other skills.

MKG makes sense on a team where your C is an elite 3 point shooter and you don't want to punt FG (Love, Porzingis). If you're employing him in a lineup with traditional centers, you're begging for your guards to be beyond ridiculous from 3. These factors weigh into whether you draft this type of player or not. 

I have M Gasol and Towns and I still wouldn't draft him, instead as I said above I surrounded them with James Johnson, a Gordon, warren, josh Richardson. Give me those multi cat goodies.

I'm in a weird place with LeVert.. REALLY love his upside.. just not sure what to think of the situation, so many pieces in the back court and on the wing.

Russell, Lin, Kilpatrick, Crabbe, Dinwiddie, RHJ, Carrroll, Joe Harris, Isaiah Whitehead.. love the talent - don't love the depth. Something has to give with that many players around.

Kenny vouches for LeVert at every opportunity (including today), so that only adds to my intrigue.

6 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm in a weird place with LeVert.. REALLY love his upside.. just not sure what to think of the situation, so many pieces in the back court and on the wing.

Russell, Lin, Kilpatrick, Crabbe, Dinwiddie, RHJ, Carrroll, Joe Harris, Isaiah Whitehead.. love the talent - don't love the depth. Something has to give with that many players around.

Kenny vouches for LeVert at every opportunity (including today), so that only adds to my intrigue.

too many competition in mins, I am not high on him this season

6 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I dont think Whitehead has much of a future left with the Nets tbh and Harris is all the way back to their rotation, if he's even there. The deep rotation the Nets will run this year is in line with overall minutes/game on average going down. 

Lin PG, Dinwiddie backup, and Atkinson has mentioned he wants to have either Lin or Russ on the floor at any time. Seems unrealtisic, so theres probably some 10m window where either isnt on the floor.

RHJ stricktly PF, Carroll starting SF and backup PF. Crabbe and Levert main backups at SG and SF probably - I think they like Carroll starting.

What do you think about Deyounte Murray ?

I was wonderring that he hasnt his own Thread. Perhaps someone with the Rights can manage it ?!

It seems like Pop likes him  and he has the Chance to start the Season with Tony P injured.

What can we expect for a Statline / Minutes since Tony Parker comes back ?

52 minutes ago, Mj66 said:

I was wonderring that he hasnt his own Thread. Perhaps someone with the Rights can manage it ?!

It seems like Pop likes him  and he has the Chance to start the Season with Tony P injured.

judging from the few preseason games, it seems like spurs play Murray the same way as a rookie tony parker due to lack of consistency on outside shots. The talent is there but till murray can developed his outside shots, he won't be playing big mins.

I'm thinking 20 mins per game with 8 pts, 3 rebs and 3 assts , 1 steals and 0.5 blocks

he could be really helpful on big leagues.

Edited by ber
2 hours ago, Mj66 said:

I think patty Mills is more useful than D.Murray

20 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

Crabbe would fit the mold of someone I'd chase because my steals / blocks / 3s already came when I drafted Aaron Gordon, James Johnson, and to a lesser extent TJ warren in the mid rounds.  

You got your 3s with 3 guys that aren't in the top 100 in 3FGs?

18 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I don't see much talent in the Nets 

Lot of average players and G League material 

Russell, LeVert, Hollis-Jeff (for defensive skills) and maybe Jarrett Allen are the guys actually talented

If I had to conduct a list...

• Jeremy Lamb
  • Emmanuel Mudiay
  • Lance Stephenson
  • Norman Powell
  • Aron Baynes
  • Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
  • Timofrey Mozgov
  • Bogdan Bogdanovic
  • Milos Teodosic

I know most people are sour on Mudiay, but the competition in the Nuggets backcourt is not that far apart than what you might think. He's always shown flashes of hot streaks. It's just the matter of being consistent. 

1 hour ago, papocrain said:

Hi all, any thought on Jerian Grant? Is he worthy of a last round pick in 14 team league now that Dunn is injured? Thanks.

If you're asking if he's a sleeper. No, he's not. 

Edited by tremixt
1 minute ago, papocrain said:

Mozgov?? He still on my waiver wire in a 16 team league and i have Beasly at my disposal. Do you think Mozgov is worth a look over Beasly?

I mean, someone has to rebound for them at center. That's why I put Rondae there too. Don't forget last year Trevor Booker burst out of nowhere. On a tanking team like the Nets, it's always hidden treasure somewhere.

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

I mean, someone has to rebound for them at center. That's why I put Rondae there too. Don't forget last year Trevor Booker burst out of nowhere. On a tanking team like the Nets, it's always hidden treasure somewhere.

How are the Nets tanking this year?

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

They still have a bad roster. Don't they? Not sure they can eclipse 20 wins.

Doesnt mean theyre tanking. Plus, I think they are actually quite deep.

Riddle me this... What incentive do they have to tank?

2 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Doesnt mean theyre tanking. Plus, I think they are actually quite deep.

Riddle me this... What incentive do they have to tank?

They don't have a pick next year don't they... I haven't followed the Nets in awhile.

ojS6SaV.png

I5dIoqz.png

Isn't it funny when someone cuts out part of your paragraph to fit their narrative? I clearly said I drafted more 3's later on, and you conveniently cut that part out. The whole point was I ignore MKG / RHJ cause they don't hit 3's, I get more well-rounded SFs with 1 / 1 / 1 potential, and get more 3's with better percentages later on in the draft from shooting guards.

Comprehension is important, folks.

Edited by Lifschitz