NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sleepers and players to avoid 2017-2018

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greek vs KD at #1 is a huge tossup for me...

Do I take the guy who plays 80 games pretty much every season thus far for 4 years.. keeps getting better every year.. has MVP aspirations.. can average 2 steals 2 blocks and could potentially average a triple double but needs to add at least a 3 per game and get the FT% up a little bit (77% on 7+ attempts is a pretty heavy hit as far as I'm concerned, it's not killer but it's a lot of attempts for that percentage).. or do I take KD who's only slightly worse at steals / blocks.. but gives you everything else perfect across the board and bank he doesn't get injured this year?

as much as i hate KD in real life coz of his decision to join GSW, he is number 1 pick for me in fantasy. his injury last year was a freak accident, nothing chronic or would be an issue moving forward. unlike his foot injury from a couple of seasons ago, which hasnt been an issue since he has gone back. if im fortunate enough to get him, the only issue would be rest in late march if GSW goes on to dominate the season and has a pretty big lead in the standings.

22 minutes ago, Kenny Mack said:

as much as i hate KD in real life coz of his decision to join GSW, he is number 1 pick for me in fantasy. his injury last year was a freak accident, nothing chronic or would be an issue moving forward. unlike his foot injury from a couple of seasons ago, which hasnt been an issue since he has gone back. if im fortunate enough to get him, the only issue would be rest in late march if GSW goes on to dominate the season and has a pretty big lead in the standings.

I totally agree, but I think you can make a case for several guys at the #1 spot based on different factors. The thing that stands out for me with Giannis is room for growth + position eligibility. Giannis is the type of guy who could average 25 / 8 / 8 with 2 blocks/2 steals as soon as this year and still have room to improve FT% and add a 3 pointer onto it... that is absolutely frightening. He's got the keys to the offense and will have a monster usage rate, that usually equals fantasy stardom (see Harden / WB). 

Durant has zero weaknesses in his game, but he doesn't steal as much as Giannis and his blocks could dip unless he continues to play out of position at PF / Center at times. He did look like a really elite shot blocker at times with his length last year and much better defensively than in OKC. It's hard to argue with picking against the perfect fantasy player in Durant, but Giannis seems really easy to build a team around in the sense that he has a higher ceiling for assists than Durant does moving forward, which makes it so you can go with either lower assisting guards or bigs who don't block or rebound as much and he'd complement either one perfectly.

There's two things at play here:

-> Does Giannis have room for growth or do we see a statistical pleateau where 22 / 8 / 5 might be just the player he is at this point? (his sghooting form / time to get shots off leads me to believe this could be a career long issue for him and this may impact how much he can grow from here on out)

-> Does Durant get rested at all? (This is an overblown thing with GSW players, it's the argument that people always made against Duncan every single season and he continued defying the odds and coming in as a massive bargain pick who would regularly out play his ADP by several rounds because people thought he's either going to decline or this is the year he gets rested). Curry for example has been a "shut down candidate" for a few years now, yet always plays 78-80 games the past few seasons despite their winning record.

It's still a toss up for me and will likely be up until draft time... I'm truly torn. Upside versus the guy who's been a monster his entire career - I've drafted upside many times and got burned (including Towns last year where his first half blunder just killed me in my league), so this might be the year I finally choose the proven guy in KD and be at peace with it.

What are your thoughts on Towns this year? I see Mike Gallagher hyping him up a ton as the #1 pick... it's hard to ignore when you do a mock draft and consider there's like 8 good centers in the entire thing.. once you pass round 3 it's almost impossible to find a decent one...

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

What are your thoughts on Towns this year? I see Mike Gallagher hyping him up a ton as the #1 pick... it's hard to ignore when you do a mock draft and consider there's like 8 good centers in the entire thing.. once you pass round 3 it's almost impossible to find a decent one...

I think the Wolves are too crowded now...

38 minutes ago, VitorSH said:

I think the Wolves are too crowded now...

I feel the same way with Teague / Butler.. but then Gallagher pointed to how the LaVine / Towns thing was overblown.. he showed how it was actually just Towns struggling and that his usage was just as high as it was in the second half.. so basically Towns figured it out which just happened to coincide with LaVine getting injured.. he also pointed to how LaVine's usage rate wasn't far off from Butler's.. 

Position scarcity is big here.. go do a mock draft and see what happens if you draft only one big in the first four rounds.. you're absolutely screwed later on.. no chance..

We also have to take into account that Towns is only 21 and just posted the first ever 2000 point 1000 rebound 100 threes season and averaged 25 / 13 / close to 3 assists / .7 steals / 1.3 blocks (a lot of room to grow in blocks with better all around defensive players coming in - making it easier for his weakside shot blocking), and the fact he also hit 1.3 threes, 83% FT on 5 attempts, and was one of the most impactful players in the league on FG% (over the second half of the season he shot a blistering 59% on 20 shots).. he is still going to get 38 - 40 minutes a night (Thibodeau runs his players into the ground); that should continue to mean high usage and production, and it's hard not to factor in his own insane upside when compared to these other players in the top 5... I don't know if I'm willing to pass up basically the most perfect Center statistically that I've ever seen across the board in fantasy (given his production in threes). 

I had KAT about #4 or #5 on my board before (I owned him last year and he's my favorite fantasy player), but I think I'm moving him up into my #1 debate with Giannis / KD, here is the article if you're interested:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/73648/47/is-karl-anthony-towns-no-1?ls=roto:nba:gnav

If I was guaranteed KD would play 80-82 games this year, I wouldn't even debate this, it's the only reason I'm even having this discussion; I also slightly worry about the fact that his shots dipped in GSW by around 3 per game but it was buoyed by his efficiency.

Edited by Lifschitz

To add to my previous comment....

If position scarcity is a concern then you should be inclined to go with Harden or a shooting guard eligible player.  While I don't disagree with Gallagher regarding center being a shallow position, shooting guard is even worse.  Point guards are primary producers in assists/steals and secondary producers in threes.  Big men are primary producers in rebounds/blocks.  Shooting guards are typically primary producers only in threes and if you can get someone like Ariza then steals as well, although they typically don't get assists.  Therefore, shooting guard is typically the position with the fewest top 50 players.  If I don't get a shooting guard in the first round I'll generally wait until the 10th or so as there are a horde of 15 PPG/2 3PG shooting guards available picks 100-150. 

While there aren't many big men available picks 50-100, there are plenty of them in the second and third round.  Therefore, there is less pressure to select one in the first round.  E.g. I can take Harden in the first round and be reasonably expected to get any of Kristaps/Turner/Lopez/Gasol/etc. later.  Vucevic is my inflection point on centers.   I know if I haven't selected a center yet and he is still available, I won't be able to get a good one after him.  Additionally, I noticed Gallagher often is more reluctant than most people to punt FT% in H2H.  Being willing to do so opens up DJ/Drummond/Howard/Capela etc.  While the center position is somewhat shallow, I don't think the center position is as shallow as he claims it is, and I have done 50+ mocks. 

If you don't get a shooting guard in the first round I don't like any shooting guards until around pick 100.  Yes, there are the few exceptions eg. Klay/DeRozan types but I think they are overrated.  I don't like DeRozan because he is a shooting guard who doesn't hit threes.  Conversely, most of Klay's value is tied to points, 3s, and efficiency.  His rebounds/assists/steals are mediocre.  You can get an Avery Bradley/KCP type later in the draft and get more rebounds/steals and 2/3 of the threes that Klay gets.  So shooting guard is a weird position in which I either get an all-star first round or I'm waiting for the last few rounds of the draft/streamers.  As I don't really want to roll with streamers exclusively I'm keen on picking up a shooting guard early.  Plus, if you grab a shooting guard eligible player who gets solid assists such as Harden then you can grab a point guard in the 2/3, and have a pick advantage in assists.  I think it's a lot better to pick a Harden, then grab a Turner, then a Teague type then it is to grab KAT, an IT2 type, and being left without any options for shooting guard until round 10ish. 

Finally, I also really don't like point guards who don't get 5+ assists/1.5 steals and big men who don't get 1.5+ blocks.  If a big man doesn't get 1.5+ blocks then I feel as if I have to go get ANOTHER big man just to make up for the first one's deficiency in blocks.  KAT has a lot of virtues, but I don't like that he is a big man who doesn't get enough blocks.

Edited by StifleTower2

But there are SGs this year that can out-produce their ADP.. I also don't like punting FT% and don't like poor FT% shooting on my teams - which is why my thoughts mostly align with Gallagher's.. for example you can get Hood late just based on how offense-starved Utah is and what a bump in usage he gets with Hayward gone.. Jamal Murray (SG elig) / Gary Harris / even Will Barton with Gallo gone.. I would rather take Harris in round 6 or 7 knowing he has potential for 18 - 20 ppg than spend my 2nd round pick on Mccollum or Beal.. I think you can replicate SG stats much easier in later rounds than you can big men who do everything well across the board.

Giannis has 4 pos. elig, but he has his shortcomings despite his eliteness in 2 categories, and he had a 72% FT average over the 2nd half last year on 7 attempts which aligns with the rest of his career.. that pretty much makes you an FT punt candidate and he becomes a negative in 3 categories.. it's just a tad risky because if he doesn't build on last year's massive break out campaign (the potential is there for that to happen given that at some point the statistical ascension stops and players are who they are) then he's still a wonderful pick but no longer in the top 3 discussion.

No matter what there are pros and cons to anyone you pick and everyone has a different story, but it's a nice debate to have and just shows we've come a long way from when there were clear #1 and #2 picks (you can argue for up to 6-7 guys now at the #1 spot). 

26 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

But there are SGs this year that can out-produce their ADP.. I also don't like punting FT% and don't like poor FT% shooting on my teams - which is why my thoughts mostly align with Gallagher's.. for example you can get Hood late just based on how offense-starved Utah is and what a bump in usage he gets with Hayward gone.. Jamal Murray (SG elig) / Gary Harris / even Will Barton with Gallo gone.. I would rather take Harris in round 6 or 7 knowing he has potential for 18 - 20 ppg than spend my 2nd round pick on Mccollum or Beal.. I think you can replicate SG stats much easier in later rounds than you can big men who do everything well across the board.

Giannis has 4 pos. elig, but he has his shortcomings despite his eliteness in 2 categories, and he had a 72% FT average over the 2nd half last year on 7 attempts which aligns with the rest of his career.. that pretty much makes you an FT punt candidate and he becomes a negative in 3 categories.. it's just a tad risky because if he doesn't build on last year's massive break out campaign (the potential is there for that to happen given that at some point the statistical ascension stops and players are who they are) then he's still a wonderful pick but no longer in the top 3 discussion.

No matter what there are pros and cons to anyone you pick and everyone has a different story, but it's a nice debate to have and just shows we've come a long way from when there were clear #1 and #2 picks (you can argue for up to 6-7 guys now at the #1 spot). 

Yes, but there are also centers who can exceed their ADP.  For example, I'm fairly certain Turner will smash his ESPN ranking.  I also think Favors and Noel are the two biggest candidates as "fallen angels".  Not necessarily sleepers, but players with proven value who will exceed their ADP.

As I stated earlier, there are literally a HORDE of SGs available 100-150 who I would be fine having on my team.  Whether I  would want them to be my starting shooting guard is a separate question.  I also specifically stated that I don't like spending my second round pick on the McCollum/Beal/Klay/DeRozan types so what you're saying actually supports my argument.  Much of the time I wait until the last possible moment to draft a shooting guard.  The question is-do you actually want a Hood or a Seth Curry to be your starting SG?  I would like that avoid that, if possible.  Therefore, I am keen on drafting a Harden, who is basically a PG with SG eligibility.  If I miss on Harden I'm likely not drafting a SG until the 10th round.  It's either 1st round or 10th for me.

Compare that to center where between the 2nd and 5th round (using yahoo eligibility) there are: Whiteside, Kristaps, Turner, Gasol, Nurkic, Millsap, Griffin, Love, Ibaka, Horford, Dieng, Vucevic.  Plus the punt FT% guys.  There are 0 shooting guards I would like to draft rounds 2-5 and at least one dozen centers.  There are reasons to pick Towns, but position eligibility isn't one of them.

If you aren't open to punting FT% then I don't know what to tell you.  Sometimes it's correct to do so and sometimes it isn't.  In a H2H league I would rather have Giannis and be open to punting FT% in later rounds than to have Towns.  I would also rather have Harden and punt FG/TO (which is a pretty common punt anyway) than have Towns.  In general, I like drafting players with polarized skill sets who allow me to take the draft in a particular direction, that way I know from the jump what direction to take my draft.  At least this is my preference in H2H.  Although, I do understand the desire to stay open.

Yes, this year is the most interesting year I've ever experienced in fantasy basketball.  I recall years in which there was clear consensus for the #1 pick, then the #2 pick, etc.  This year the first round is at least 8 deep and maybe even deeper considering there are guys such as Stifle, CP3. and Jokic on the turn in the first.  This may be the first year I've drafted where the person picking 1st didn't have a significant advantage. 

Edited by StifleTower2
11 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yes, but there are also centers who can exceed their ADP.  For example, I'm fairly certain Turner will smash his ESPN ranking.  I also think Favors and Noel are the two biggest candidates as "fallen angels".  Not necessarily sleepers, but players with proven value who will exceed their ADP.

As I stated earlier, there are literally a HORDE of SGs available 100-150 who I would be fine having on my team, whether want them to be my starting shooting guard idk.  I also specifically stated that I don't like spending my second round pick on the McCollum/Beal/Klay/DeRozan types so what you're saying actually supports my argument.  Much of the time I wait until the last possible moment to draft a shooting guard.  The question is-do you actually want a Hood or a Seth Curry to be your starting SG?  I would like that avoid that, if possible.  Therefore, I am keen on drafting a Harden, who is basically a PG with SG eligibility.  If I miss on Harden I'm likely not drafting a SG until the 10th round.  It's either 1st round or 10th for me.

Compare that to center where between the 2nd and 5th round (using yahoo eligibility) there are: Whiteside, Kristaps, Turner, Gasol, Nurkic, Millsap, Griffin, Love, Ibaka, Horford, Dieng, Vucevic.  Plus the punt FT% guys.  There are 0 shooting guards I would like to draft rounds 2-5 and at least one dozen centers.  There are reasons to pick Towns, but position eligibility isn't one of them.

If you aren't open to punting FT% then I don't know what to tell you.  Sometimes it's correct to do so and sometimes it isn't.  In a H2H league I would rather have Giannis and be open to punting FT% in later rounds than to have Towns.  I would also rather have Harden and punt FG/TO (which is a pretty common punt anyway) than have Towns.  In general, I like drafting players with polarized skill sets who allow me to take the draft in a particular direction, that way I know from the jump what direction to take my draft.  At least this is my preference in H2H.  Although, I do understand the desire to stay open.

Yes, this year is the most interesting year I've ever experienced in fantasy basketball.  I recall years in which there was clear consensus for the #1 pick, then the #2 pick, etc.  This year the first round is at least 8 deep and maybe even deeper considering there are guys such as Stifle, CP3. and Jokic on the turn in the first.  This may be the first year I've drafted where the person picking 1st didn't have a significant advantage. 

Those bigs you listed are gone by the end of the 3rd round in the mocks I've done with the exception of Vucevic and Dieng.. and for the latter it's mostly because of Taj Gibson, otherwise he'd be right there. 

I saw you say in another post you think Towns is overrated, and I think that's playing a factor here; because considering age/upside-talent/historic 2nd year production for a player of his age-position /durability - you should be making similar arguments for his future growth as some of the other guys.

There is no other C who touches him outside of AD's C elig, and AD has frequent injury concerns (DMC argument is null considering you can make the same argument for Towns). For example you didn't allude to the fact he averaged 1.5 blocks in his first year and only dipped in his second year, all of his tools/athleticism/timing say he should be an elite shot blocker. This has a lot to do with how the defense funnels players into their big man, and the improved perimeter D with Jimmy and Gibson will help tremendously with that. I am willing to bet you he easily exceeds 1.3 blocks this year just based on the personnel changes and his upside. 

I also saw you write in that same post that Towns is underwhelming in assists, which is also wrong, he's one of the top assisting C's, and again more room to grow in that dept' considering his ability to grab a rebound - push the ball, and the way he palms/manipulates the ball in the post and finds teammates on the perimeter and cutting inside when he's posting up.. 

As I said in another post, I'll likely be torn between Towns / Giannis / KD all the way up until my draft when I have to make that decision.

Edited by Lifschitz
11 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Those bigs you listed are gone by the end of the 3rd round in the mocks I've done with the exception of Vucevic and Dieng.. and for the latter it's mostly because of Taj Gibson, otherwise he'd be right there. 

I saw you say in another post you think Towns is overrated, and I think that's playing a factor here; because considering age/upside-talent/historic 2nd year production for a player of his age-position /durability - you should be making similar arguments for his future growth as some of the other guys.

There is no other C who touches him outside of AD's C elig, and AD has frequent injury concerns (DMC argument is null considering you can make the same argument for Towns). For example you didn't allude to the fact he averaged 1.5 blocks in his first year and only dipped in his second year, all of his tools/athleticism/timing say he should be an elite shot blocker. This has a lot to do with how the defense funnels players into their big man, and the improved perimeter D with Jimmy and Gibson will help tremendously with that. I am willing to bet you he easily exceeds 1.3 blocks this year just based on the personnel changes and his upside. 

I also saw you write in that same post that Towns is underwhelming in assists, which is also wrong, he's one of the top assisting C's, and again more room to grow in that dept' considering his ability to grab a rebound - push the ball, and the way he palms/manipulates the ball in the post and finds teammates on the perimeter and cutting inside when he's posting up.. 

As I said in another post, I'll likely be torn between Towns / Giannis / KD all the way up until my draft when I have to make that decision.

Actually what I said in my post was that he lacked statistical diversity.  Meaning what you get with KAT is a 24/12 big man who is an incredible FG% anchor without hurting you in FT%.  But he is below league average in threes, assists, steals.  I never compared his assists to other big men.  I merely compared them to the median of drafted players.  Even when comparing his assists to other big men, you'll have to define what is meant by "one of the top assisting Cs".  Jokic, Cousins, Gasol, Horford, Griffin, Mason Plumlee, and Millsap all ranked ahead of him.  Anyway, this means he is below the median in at least three categories, while most of the other players available in the first round will only be below league median in one category or two categories (typically blocks for guards and TO if in 9 cat).

You and I must be doing different mocks because in all of the 12 team mocks I've done Ibaka and Horford have always fallen to the 4th, as well as Vucevic and Dieng.  Not to mention the punt FT% bigs.  Even If I concede that most of the centers I named are gone by the 3rd round, that doesn't support your argument.  If you draft a guard in the first round, just draft a big in the next two rounds, and you will do fine.  The fact that there are still bigs in the 3rd round supports drafting a little man in the first.    

I see a lot of your analysis hinges on project improvement rather than his historical performance.  E.g. you said "push the ball, and the way he palms/manipulates the ball in the post and finds teammates on the perimeter and cutting inside when he's posting up.. "  While I see that he got 2.7 APG last season.  Yes, I suppose he could improve significantly upon that number but I will trust what the numbers said.  I read the article comparing Butler's usage to LaVine's usage to argue that Gallagher doesn't think his usage will decline.  That's an interesting argument. Truthfully, we don't really know.  If you want to draft KAT I don't see a problem with that.  What I have a problem with is stating that lack of depth at center is a compelling reason why.  That's just not accurate.  I named a dozen centers you can draft in the 3rd round who would be thrilled having as your starting center.    

47 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Agree, and I think the biggest reason his blocks will go up is if Taj Gibson starts, it means KAT is playing center on defense. I've mentioned this many times in the past, but big men playing center see an increase in REB/BLK compared to playing PF.

Also, KAT blocked 1.9 shots per-36 minutes in his rookie year when he played more center on defense. I think it's reasonable to expect an increase in blocks per game this year if Taj starts.

37 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Actually what I said in my post was that he lacked statistical diversity.  Meaning what you get with KAT is a 24/12 big man who is an incredible FG% anchor without hurting you in FT%.  But he is below league average in threes, assists, steals.  I never compared his assists to other big men.  I merely compared them to the median of drafted players.  Even when comparing his assists to other big men, you'll have to define what is meant by "one of the top assisting Cs".  Jokic, Cousins, Gasol, Horford, Griffin, Mason Plumlee, and Millsap all ranked ahead of him.  Anyway, this means he is below the median in at least three categories, while most of the other players available in the first round will only be below league median in one category or two categories (typically blocks for guards and TO if in 9 cat).

You and I must be doing different mocks because in all of the 12 team mocks I've done Ibaka and Horford have always fallen to the 4th, as well as Vucevic and Dieng.  Not to mention the punt FT% bigs.  Even If I concede that most of the centers I named are gone by the 3rd round, that doesn't support your argument.  If you draft a guard in the first round, just draft a big in the next two rounds, and you will do fine.  The fact that there are still bigs in the 3rd round supports drafting a little man in the first.    

I see a lot of your analysis hinges on project improvement rather than his historical performance.  E.g. you said "push the ball, and the way he palms/manipulates the ball in the post and finds teammates on the perimeter and cutting inside when he's posting up.. "  While I see that he got 2.7 APG last season.  Yes, I suppose he could improve significantly upon that number but I will trust what the numbers said.  I read the article comparing Butler's usage to LaVine's usage to argue that Gallagher doesn't think his usage will decline.  That's an interesting argument. Truthfully, we don't really know.  If you want to draft KAT I don't see a problem with that.  What I have a problem with is stating that lack of depth at center is a compelling reason why.  That's just not accurate.  I named a dozen centers you can draft in the 3rd round who would be thrilled having as your starting center.    

The problem with taking a non-big in the first round is that bigs that anchor your FG% run out very quickly this year. If you have an early pick, then the bigs available to you late second round that anchor your FG% are: Gobert, Whiteside, That's it, and both hurt your FT% quite a bit. It's also quite possible they will not be on the board anymore by that time. None of Marc Gasol, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Horford, Millsap, Ibaka are going to help your FG% much. So if you take a guy like Harden or Westbrook, it's going to be harder to get that FG% up (more so the case for Westbrook). Note: I am referring to 8-cat roto.

Edited by v1n5anity

To be clear so that I am not taken out of context, I never said I was against KAT. My only two points were that he was overrated and that center eligibility shouldn't be the reason why you draft him first overall.  He ranked 6th last season and I don't think he will improve on that ranking.  Any progression he makes as a player will be counteracted by possibly lower usage with Butler.  So I expect him to finish 5-6.  If people are ranking him first and he finished 6th, that's being overrated.  Second, centers are not the shallowest position, if anything it is the deepest position.  There's at least 12 centers in the first 4-5 rounds who are worthy of being starting centers.  The fact that they come off the board quickly doesn't mean they don't exist it just means that other people want them too.  It's a deep position.  I would rather draft a guard and have kristaps/turner, each of whom get more blocks than KAT, then try to get a point guard in the second round.  Call it personal preference but I think the difference between the guards available in the 2/3 is and Harden/Westbrook/Curry is greater than the difference between say Turner and KAT.

5 minutes ago, v1n5anity said:

The problem with taking a non-big in the first round is that bigs that anchor your FG% run out very quickly this year. If you have an early pick, then the bigs available to you late second round that anchor your FG% are: Gobert, Whiteside, That's it, and both hurt your FT% quite a bit. None of Marc Gasol, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Horford, Millsap, Ibaka are going to help your FG% much. So if you take a guy like Harden or Westbrook, it's going to be harder to get that FG% up (more so the case for Westbrook). Note: I am referring to 8-cat roto.

Yeah if I took Harden or Westbrook I would immediately move into punt FG/To and look at drafting bigs such as cousins, kristaps, love etc.  

I like drafting players with heavily polarized value such as Harden or Westbrook.  They produce top 10 value in non-punt builds.  However, if you adjust for punt FG/To their value skyrockets and they become much more valuable than the next person.  IMO it's difficult to go through a serious draft without punting a least one cat and there's value in knowing early what that cat will be.

In 9 roto I would agree with you and pick KAT or so maybe that explains the disagreement.  But I was pretty clear my comments were for H2H.

Aron Baynes could be a deep sleeper pick comparable to Mozgov for Boston now that Zizic's gone. Dont think he'll get the same minutes as Mozgov, though, but he did play quite well over last 15 games last year chipping in 6 reb and a block a game over that span, with great shooting numbers and low TO.

56 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Aron Baynes could be a deep sleeper pick comparable to Mozgov for Boston now that Zizic's gone. Dont think he'll get the same minutes as Mozgov, though, but he did play quite well over last 15 games last year chipping in 6 reb and a block a game over that span, with great shooting numbers and low TO.

Not sure he is actual starter material but i would love to see horford move to the 4 and baynes start at 5. i know they will play side by side at times this year but putting horford at the 4 and starting Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Horford, Baynes would be a wicked line up

Mike Muscala anyone?  Dedmon seems to have the clear path to start but it's no guarantee.  With both Dwight and Millsap gone there are tons of minutes to soak up in ATL.  might be worth a flier.