NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Anderson 2017 Outlook

47 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:
  1. ACE Anderson. Wasn't near the velo I was hoping for (a good 2 mph less), but that's one heck of a stream. 

What was he actually averaging today on the fastball? Seemed like he was hitting 95 with it but consistently seemed around 93. Still seems like fairly good velocity for him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

ERA now below 3. 

I just want to point out that Anderson has Pence dancing and dodging his curve ball because it comes out looking like its gonna hit you then breaks in for a strike. He finally figured out his third pitch and hes embarrassing hitters. The main knock was that he couldnt get righties out but hes doing that now with his curve.

I also want to point out hes hitting 95 regularly and with ease when he never went over 94 last year and sat near 92-93. He has completely retooled himself and hes breaking out.

tl;dr figured out and has a ton of confidence in his third pitch. location 95-96 fastball when he sat 92-93 last year.

CHASE ANDERSON WATCH.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped in my 12 teamer and got him off waivers last night. Can't fathom why anyone would drop him at this point, especially in deeper leagues.

Happy to be a part of this ride though.

6 Quality Starts in row.  WHIP under 1.00 in all of those 6 starts.  Velocity up 2mph across the board compared to prior years.  While his LOB% and HR rate will normalize a bit, he looks like the real deal.  I'm playing him.  Two of those six starts have been against Arizona and he shut them down both times.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:11 AM, pierceNKC said:

Dropped in my 12 teamer and got him off waivers last night. Can't fathom why anyone would drop him at this point, especially in deeper leagues.

Happy to be a part of this ride though.

You can't fathom?  He was dropped in my 14 team full blown h-2-h dynasty league just two weeks ago.  What on earth was his former owner thinking?!?  Man was I given a gift out of the blue.  And for years to come.  I agree with WEIL3R.  He is the real deal.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
3 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Really not happy about this one, may have to drop him considering my DL is already in use.

Get better Chase!

Damn shame. Top 10 in ERA. Waiver wire gold. Said he felt like he was stabbed on the swing, I'll hold until we hear more but this is a heart breaker

I see a lot of people cutting him already. He was ranked #17 for past 30 days in my 5x5 league. 

Until i hear hes out for the season or close to it i am holding him even with no dl spot open for now.

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Pitchers shouldn't hit!

Yes!  PLEASE stupid National League get rid of that 1800's rule that makes pitchers hit.  Way to ruin a career year for one of your league's pitchers! 

*Rant*  Stupid backwards league that still believes double switches are some kind of elite "strategy" instead of kindergarten paint-by-numbers stuff and ruins half of the fun rallies their teams start because of this backwards thinking.  And now they are trying to destroy my fantasy pitching as well.  This is war, NL!  (If the NL was a football league they would probably ban the forward pass).

6 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Let's say I have no room on the DL. How good is this guy? I know what he's done, but is he a must hold? 

Depends on your league, your starting rotation, who else you could drop to make room on the DL for him and format (dynasty? keeper?), stats categories, free agent pool size, etc etc etc.  In other words more a Bench Coach Forum question I think.  Otherwise you will be getting replies based on owners who have him in entirely different types of leagues than yours and their answers might not fit your situation.