Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Hicks 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, StevoSupremo89 said:

Mon, Jul 10

Aaron Hicks (oblique) isn't expected to resume baseball activities until at least July 25.

Advice: This would be after the Yankees complete an 11-game roadtrip to begin the second half. Hicks was originally expected to miss 3-4 weeks with his oblique injury, but it appears that the timetable will ultimately be longer.

 

 

This is disappointing for sure. It's already been two weeks since he went on the DL and he's not even going to be doing anything until the 25th now. You have to imagine he's probably going to take another two weeks after that before he is back and that's assuming there are no setbacks. That would put him returning  somewhere around the 2nd week in August. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

 

This is disappointing for sure. It's already been two weeks since he went on the DL and he's not even going to be doing anything until the 25th now. You have to imagine he's probably going to take another two weeks after that before he is back and that's assuming there are no setbacks. That would put him returning  somewhere around the 2nd week in August. 

Yankees fans still think he will have a consistent role in the outfield after being out so long? A lot can happen between now and 2 weeks into August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StevoSupremo89 said:

Yankees fans still think he will have a consistent role in the outfield after being out so long? A lot can happen between now and 2 weeks into August.

 

I think they will find a spot for him to hit. They just released Carter which to me indicates they may be looking at playing Holliday at 1st, which opens up playing time between the OF and DH. Also, like you said, a lot can happen between now and then including an injury to another player. I'm looking at you Ellsbury. I'm not wishing anyone to get hurt but he does have a track record. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

 

I think they will find a spot for him to hit. They just released Carter which to me indicates they may be looking at playing Holliday at 1st, which opens up playing time between the OF and DH. Also, like you said, a lot can happen between now and then including an injury to another player. I'm looking at you Ellsbury. I'm not wishing anyone to get hurt but he does have a track record. 

 

 

It's totally up in the air, now.   It all depends how the team is playing and how the other OF's are hitting.  Nothing can be assumed, at this point, anymore.  If you don't have a DL spot or a deep bench, then he is a no doubt drop.  Plus he was slumping prior to getting hurt.  3 for 25 in last 7 games, with just  1 run, 1 RBI, 1 BB.  From May 11th until he got hurt on June 25th, he had just 1 SB.   I think he had already lost his glass slipper.   From June 6 - 25, his average dropped from .329 to .290.

 

Last 15 games 12 for 60, with 2 HR's and 6 RBI

Edited by rich22
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TXTaz said:

Started a rehab assignment wednesday. So far hes gone 1-3 and 1-3 2B,BB. Anyone else feeling optimistic in 5 OF leagues?

it will all come down to how much playing time will Aaron Hicks receive  ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

it will all come down to how much playing time will Aaron Hicks receive  ....

Clint Frazier had a good month, but tailed off the last week or so. He could also take some ABs away from Holliday if he doesnt pick it up soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 7:12 AM, chud12 said:

Cashman has said numerous times the last two weeks that Frazier will be sent down once Hicks is ready.  

Can you provide a source for that?  Because I never read that when I was deciding whether to add Frazier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

That article is also over 2 weeks old.  I can see Frazier getting less playing time but he's not getting demoted.

What's the point of keeping Frazier there if he can barely play any day? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mannymachado said:

When do they anticipate hicks gets called

 back up?

 

 

 

Since he is a switch hitter they said he needs a little more time.   My guess is by the end of the week.  I doubt he plays everyday.  To many mouths to feed out there

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rich22 said:

 

 

Since he is a switch hitter they said he needs a little more time.   My guess is by the end of the week.  I doubt he plays everyday.  To many mouths to feed out there

 

Pretty sure they'll send Frazier down when they activate Hicks and with Holliday hurt as well they can rotate the extra outfielder in the DH spot unless they want to keep starting Sanchez at DH instead of C.  As long as he hits the ground running he should still only get about a day off per week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not think Frazier is being sent down.  Holliday injury gave him a reprieve.   Cooper will, most likely, be sent down.

 

Hicks, Gardner, Judge, Ellsbury and Frazier will play the 3 OF spots.   I have a feeling Sanchez will play DH 2-3 times a week, at least.  

Edited by rich22
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 6:09 PM, brockpapersizer said:

It makes sense to send frazier down. Yankees are trying to win and Hicks was great, plus they can wait a while to bring up Frazier next year and perhaps super 2 him? Seems win win.

 

 

He was actually slumping before getting hurt.      7 for 39  with 2 doubles and 1 RBI last 10 games.      From June 6th to 24th his average went from .329 to .290

 

Holliday inujry, means Frazier probably stays and Cooper goes down

Edited by rich22
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

AND He's back. No doubt looking at every day ab's and possibly near the top of the lineup.

Could be a league-changer for many teams, I was fortunate to add him in my 16 teamer a few days ago.

 

Hicks has an everyday role while players are hurt/DL, but when everyone is healthy will he be the one lose at bats, or would Holiday/Ellsbury/Frazier lose the at bats? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...