NBC Sports Edge Forums

10-Day DL Hell! What to do??

Spina

Starting to see how difficult managing a roster with this new 10-Day DL is going to be this year. Have no idea how to play it. Any input would be helpful....

DL - David Dahl - drafted off potential thinking he wouldn't miss much time

DL - Gary Sanchez - upsetting. Out a month. Thankfully drafted Wilson Contreras as OF/C

DL - Jackie Bradley - knee rounding first. Coming back hopefully Wed, but still...

DL - Jon Gray - 4 innings of scoreless ball, fractured foot

DL - Jake Odorizzi - last one scoreless, out with a hammy

Was already playing down a spot with Bradley before back-to-back days of Gray/Odorizzi injuries...now down three roster spots, with only two DL slots.

Team is below. Please take a look and tell me what you'd do.

(12 Teams 11 by 11...always like to have 11 batters/11 STARTING Pitchers)

I don't think you really need to do anything. You have Contreras to replace Sanchez, so there's one hole plugged. Duvall replaces Bradley and Margot replaces Contreras in the OF. Put Lamb at the UTIL, and you can cycle in Gallo/Margot based on matchups. As for your pitching, doesn't look too terrible to me. I assume Giolito is on your farm team. If there's a good starting pitcher available, I might drop Gray for them, but other than that I would say hold firm and you can survive it. Your team isn't super thin where these injuries murder your team.

9 hours ago, kujoking7 said:

I don't think you really need to do anything. You have Contreras to replace Sanchez, so there's one hole plugged. Duvall replaces Bradley and Margot replaces Contreras in the OF. Put Lamb at the UTIL, and you can cycle in Gallo/Margot based on matchups. As for your pitching, doesn't look too terrible to me. I assume Giolito is on your farm team. If there's a good starting pitcher available, I might drop Gray for them, but other than that I would say hold firm and you can survive it. Your team isn't super thin where these injuries murder your team.

Yep, this is pretty much bang on.

11 hours ago, kujoking7 said:

This is pretty much exactly what I'm doing...

C: Contreras

1B: Cabrera

2B: Baez

3B: Arenado

SS: Story

OF: Bautista

OF: Duvall

OF: Margot

UT: Lamb/Gallo

Leaves very little flexibility..

Then the real problem is pitching -- the way my league is set I like to have 11 starting pitchers so I dominate all pitching categories (11) -- other than net saves. With the injuries I'm down to 9 solid pitchers I feel pretty decent about (see below)

Is Jon Gray and his fractured foot worth that much that I should let him eat roster space for a month, probably more?

That would free up space for a 10th SP...

- Jimmy Nelson

- Derek Holland

- Tyler Chatwood

- Jordan Montgomery <------ leaning IF i were to drop Gray

- Chase Anderson

- Blake Snell

Carrying these 2 to 3 dead roster spots for a month will leave me at a big disadvantage. 

Archived