NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Lucroy 2017 Outlook

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to ride this guy out the rest of the year unless he get's injured or outright benched.  Though Lucroy has been outright terrible so far I can't pass up the chance for a good 2nd half for whatever crap catchers are on the waiver wire.  I'm gonna set and forget and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, Bill Blazejowski said:

I've decided to ride this guy out the rest of the year unless he get's injured or outright benched.  Though Lucroy has been outright terrible so far I can't pass up the chance for a good 2nd half for whatever crap catchers are on the waiver wire.  I'm gonna set and forget and hope for the best.

This was my plan until I recently noticed Wilson Ramos on the wire in my league.  The Buffalo sits patiently on my DL now and if he starts off looking good (and possibly gets to DH when he isn't catching), I think I might have to drop Lucroy, particularly if it's just more of the same from him over the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

so many times I've seen players be horrific in one half and a completely different player the other...hoping that's the case here....but agree the timeshare is not helping!  

Yes to both.  He was dropped in one of my leagues a couple of years back when he completely sucked for a little over 2 months of the season.  He then went on the warpath the rest of the season finishing a nose behind Posey.  But he needs more ABs in Texas to get the motor going.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

was just dropped today in my 13 team roto league....

still owned in about 88% of espn leagues though

Hard pass

Basically at the halfway point now.  On pace for a big 38 runs and rbis and 8 homers.  He's basically become Nick Markakis without the average, runs, doubles, walks, or rbi.  

Just now, handyandy86 said:

Like, currently / ROS? Or pre season rankings?

Current I guess.

They update their rankings a few times a week... I think they just put names in a hat though to be honest.

I listen to the CBS Podcast semi-regularly and they're constantly saying "I'll have to adjust my rankings"

But, the other day they all said they wouldn't drop Lucroy for Ramos, and kind of said they believe in him still.

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back for something that EVERYONE with any fantasy knowledge would have said also.....

Not the case. I'd go back and dig around, but there were 3 or 4 different people arguing with me about how Lucroy is the better player overall, and that his power is legit. 

And I'm not patting myself on the back, I was furthering the point of the guy I quoted. But thanks for the jackass response, I'm sure it made you feel fantastic to say something like that on the internet.

12 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back for something that EVERYONE with any fantasy knowledge would have said also.....

10 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Not the case. I'd go back and dig around, but there were 3 or 4 different people arguing with me about how Lucroy is the better player overall, and that his power is legit. 

And I'm not patting myself on the back, I was furthering the point of the guy I quoted. But thanks for the jackass response, I'm sure it made you feel fantastic to say something like that on the internet.

Yeah I don't think BlueJays was touting his genius, more of an "I told you so" to the real geniuses who argued for Lucroy. Soo...

dVDJiez.gif

:D