NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chase Headley 2017 Outlook

Didn't see a thread on him. 

I picked up Headley as my Josh Donaldson replacement in a league and he is on fire to start the year.

Yeah, small sample size and all that, but he has some interesting numbers in the early going with more walks than strikeouts and a much lower K% over his first 14 games. Has he changed something?  Those kinds of number changes usually indicate something is different like a new swing or new approach at the plate. Sure, his hot start is BABIP driven, but when it goes with an increased walk rate and a decreased K%, it is worth paying attention to.

Man, it would be something if he could duplicate 2012 again and he is still only 53% owned in most yahoo leagues.

Just now, Sun Tzu said:

For me, at least, this is a case of simply eschewing any batted ball / spray chart profiling and simply saying to myself, "no, no, no, I am not adding Chase feaking Headley"...

Well, when you drafted Josh Donaldson, Chase Headley looks like a mirage in the desert that is the third base waiver wire.

16 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

For me, at least, this is a case of simply eschewing any batted ball / spray chart profiling and simply saying to myself, "no, no, no, I am not adding Chase feaking Headley"...

Same...yet he sits on my roster and has been great!

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

Now I'm saying this with two "no's" instead of three...

I've been a happy owner in both of my big money leagues since the 4th of April. I even get credit for the walks in both leagues. 

This guy has been producing 1st Round money at an un drafted price. It's like finding money on the ground everyday with this guy. 

7 hours ago, The Czar said:

Man, it would be something if he could duplicate 2012 again and he is still only 53% owned in most yahoo leagues.

It's crazy how one half season of could leave such an impression. Five seasons later I still have this voice in the back of my mind saying "Remember when Chase Headley was a God? He could totally do it again!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...