NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

Fort4242

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Keep in mind they have to play 16 weeks in a row.  Expect to see this common theme throughout the week for that team.  They are going to rest players when they can.

excellent point.  

it's unprecedented in the modern "bye" era of tackle football - total uncharted territory, and methinks more akin to what Jedi said more than ambiguous monkey shines (a la Hoodie, e.g.)

Played Tate over him in 1 league... cost me the game (that and a 58 yd fg that miraculously bounced through). Won't happen again.

Parker will be top 20 wr at worst this year, quite possibly top 10. Cutler loves him and has the balls to throw it up and let Parker go get it (as has been pointed out in this forum - I believe it was someone here who quote Cutler referring to him as a "faster Alshon" that sealed his place at the top of my target list - thanks). Hope he gets a day off practice every week.

Gear up guys, will be a fun year.

2 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Missed practice again today.

Yes, we know.

2 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

DNP today according to my PlayerLine

source: http://thehuddle.com/nfl/player/10169/

2 hours ago, JediMasters said:
DeVante Parker and Jay Ajayi noy practicing in period open to the media. They will be fine game day, per source.

DeVante Parker (ankle) returned to Dolphins practice on Friday, getting in a full session.
Parker sat out Thursday's session, but beat reporters all along insisted he was in no danger of missing Week 3. He will be a high-ceiling play against the Jets.

Looks like he should be good to go.

On 9/21/2017 at 1:51 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

excellent point.  

it's unprecedented in the modern "bye" era of tackle football - total uncharted territory, and methinks more akin to what Jedi said more than ambiguous monkey shines (a la Hoodie, e.g.)

Off topic a little here but it's not unprecedented. The '01 Patriots bye week was scheduled for the last week of the season. They ended up playing one more regular season game after it as a makeup for the canceled week following 9/11. 

Sorry. Carry on..

5 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Parker has a dream fantasy match-up this week, should we be worried about him being ruled out due to ankle injury?  Really hoping to plug him in the WR2 spot tomorrow.  Anyone know the status on his injury?

He had a full practice on friday.. 

4 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

A big Q all week but with full practice friday, jets D on deck, and Landry also a lil beat up... hard to sit him today. I got him pencilled in. Anybody have more injury info? Who's got him locked and loaded?

He missed a lot of practice last season and still played around 100% so I think he's gonna be in my lineup. Better than Hopkins facing a NE defense that will smother him with double coverage.

1 minute ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

He missed a lot of practice last season and still played around 100% so I think he's gonna be in my lineup. Better than Hopkins facing a NE defense that will smother him with double coverage.

Good point about last season. Im gonna play him today. Unfortunately, i also have Hopkins going. Not really excited about it haha