NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

Fort4242

7 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

I don't understand how people are dropping Parker. I'm honestly not trying to be a dick I honestly don't get it.

If you take away the week he got hurt, he's averaging 76 yards per game and 0.33 TDs. Lets says an average roster would roster, what, 4 WRs? You're saying you have 4 WRs better than 76 yards and 0.33 TDs a game? Maybe if you went WR-WR-WR-WR in your draft and got Antonio, Jordy, Hopkins, Diggs in your first 4 rounds. But even then, you could trade one of those guys for a RB and keep Parker as a WR3/4.

They were announcing that Parker's injury wasn't very serious. What am I missing here??

I dropped him, but it was a difficult move due to the bye week. I didn't go WR-WR-WR-WR, but I have Hopkins, Diggs, Benjamin and Watkins. I will try to pick him back up tonight, however.

Edited by Newtown

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also dropped Parker when he got hurt but will re-acquire him this week sometime.  Don't get me wrong this guy is good, but he is a bum too.  He will never be healthy and you run the risk of playing this guy anytime as to where he might get hurt on the coin toss and sit out the rest of the game.  So fragile.

45 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I also dropped Parker when he got hurt but will re-acquire him this week sometime.  Don't get me wrong this guy is good, but he is a bum too.  He will never be healthy and you run the risk of playing this guy anytime as to where he might get hurt on the coin toss and sit out the rest of the game.  So fragile.

Any football player can get injured on any play. DJ, ODB, Rodgers...etc. 

12 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Any football player can get injured on any play. DJ, ODB, Rodgers...etc. 

Except Parker is pretty much a walking band aid compared to these.  From his knee down to his feet has been a walking disaster.

Just scooped him myself as he was dropped in my league as well.  Aside from the injury, what's not to like?  He was consistently good for 3 straight weeks until he got hurt.  Nothing to suggest he won't be the same when he's back.

39 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Just scooped him myself as he was dropped in my league as well.  Aside from the injury, what's not to like?  He was consistently good for 3 straight weeks until he got hurt.  Nothing to suggest he won't be the same when he's back.

He doesnt even see targets until late in the 4th quarter

7 hours ago, burninglegs said:

It's Wednesday. Thursday/Friday are more important imo.

If he'd stubbed his toe on Tuesday, sure, I'm with you. But he's coming off a 2-week injury, and then taking a full day rest again midweek is definitely worrying. If he plays I doubt it'll be at 100%.

28 minutes ago, The Daily Struggle said:

Who the hell would drop

I see this kind of statement all over these forums, and all it tells me is that you (and whoever else posts this) seem to have a lack of imagination.
People with different teams in different leagues with different:
- Injuries
- bye week needs
- waiver availability
- lineup and bench limitations (including the use of I/R)
Etc, may all make different decisions for very good reasons.

Eg I have Parker twice.
- In one league I have 1 WR on bye and 2 injured, with decent options on the waiver wire. Do I wait for Sunday to see if either can be moved to I/R and hope there is some rent-a-WR left who can replace him, or do I take action today?
- In another league he would be a flex anyway, and I can basically replace him with at least three players. Of course I keep him there.

Regarding whether he's better than Watkins (to me he clearly is, but at least Watkins is playing), I now see that the Rotoworld writers are divided and confused:

- "Advice: It was Watkins' third straight week on a milk carton with Jared Goff struggling mightily under center. " ( :D )
- "Sammy Watkins will look to bounce back Sunday against the 26th-ranked Cardinals secondary" and they give him a fairly decent point range.
Yeah, I don't buy that either, but it is clear that you can have different opinions on this.

</rant> :$ 

Edited by Boudewijn

I tend not to argue with posters about opinions be

6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I see this kind of statement all over these forums, and all it tells me is that you (and whoever else posts this) seem to have a lack of imagination.

Regarding whether he's better than Watkins (to me he clearly is, but at least Watkins is playing), I now see that the Rotoworld writers are divided and confused:

- "Advice: It was Watkins' third straight week on a milk carton with Jared Goff struggling mightily under center. " ( :D )
- "Sammy Watkins will look to bounce back Sunday against the 26th-ranked Cardinals secondary" and they give him a fairly decent point range.

I tend not to argue about opinions because that's what they are...opinions. And to be honest, that is why I come to these forums to read from the perspective of others. But every league, team and situation is different. I'm not sure everyone gets that.

In terms of Parker vs Watkins...I did not want to debate that on a Parker thread because I thought it added little value to Parker's season outlook. But Parker may not play this week due to injury while Watkins appears to be healthy. Sometimes it can be as simple as that.

19 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Parker is starting to hurt me. Started 3-1, now 3-3 in part thanks to injuries/byes at WR. This week I'm playing it smarter though, and picked up Stills. He should be a solid WR3 if Parker can't go. 

Might consider shooting for a WR tethered to a more reliable QB / offense. I like Stills, but I'm not a Cutlet fan. Woods this week offers a more solid floor than Stills.

4 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

Need him back. Rounding up, he's given me 13, 21, 13 in PPR. Hoping this injury doesn't hinder him. 

Even if he returns, I'm thinking Parker's outlook for 2017 isn't much different from the past two years. We've seen flashes of the Parker we know from Louisville, flashes of what we expect from Parker, but these flashes seem sporadic at best and combined with injuries make Parker a "sell." IMO

4 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Might consider shooting for a WR tethered to a more reliable QB / offense. I like Stills, but I'm not a Cutlet fan. Woods this week offers a more solid floor than Stills.

Even if he returns, I'm thinking Parker's outlook for 2017 isn't much different from the past two years. We've seen flashes of the Parker we know from Louisville, flashes of what we expect from Parker, but these flashes seem sporadic at best and combined with injuries make Parker a "sell." IMO

I have room to hold so I am going to see how it plays out. Hoping for the best, but tempering expectations

He's basically my #3 now. And he sucks. Get out there buddy. Tough it out. I think he's still worth a flyer, since there was all this hype around him. Maybe that entire offense will break out as Cutler gets more and more comfortable. But it's almost mid season and I'm sick of waiting. So it depends what is on your bench. I don't see anyone on your roster worth dropping....maybe Amendola.

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

He's basically my #3 now. And he sucks. Get out there buddy. Tough it out. I think he's still worth a flyer, since there was all this hype around him. Maybe that entire offense will break out as Cutler gets more and more comfortable. But it's almost mid season and I'm sick of waiting. So it depends what is on your bench. I don't see anyone on your roster worth dropping....maybe Amendola.

Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen said the team is "holding out hope" DeVante Parker (ankle) will play against the Jets.

Parker sat out Wednesday's practice, and Christensen seems to be more wishing than predicting the receiver will be able to play this week. In fact, the coordinator said the team is game-planning as if Parker will not be available. As of now, he should be considered doubtful to face the Jets.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Christensen seems to be more wishing than predicting the receiver will be able to play this week. I

Indeed:

–Christensen said he wondered until kickoff whether wide receiver DeVante Parker might turn up for the Atlanta game because “he’s had some Lazarus experiences,” where they’ve assumed he was out and surprised them.

Yeah, great management, buster.
tumblr_o2xqazGbg81td52ovo1_500.gif