NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

Fort4242

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is he worth adding? I do not know much about Miami...

Absolutely add him.

Matt Moore is not afraid to push it down field and Parker is their best weapon in that regard.

I don't think we're going to get the WR1 upside we were hoping for with Cutler, who locks onto one guy.  But Parker will still produce and most certainly worth an add just to see what happens.  I'm just hoping for 50-70 yards and 0.5 TDs per game at this point.

37 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is he worth adding? I do not know much about Miami...

Played very well (WR2) the first 3 games of the season. Got injured in the 4th game and has missed the two games since then. Assuming he gets over his ankle injury, then yes, I would say he is worth adding. He looked good when he was playing. The question was the Dolphins offense and its ability to move the ball.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Absolutely add him.

Matt Moore is not afraid to push it down field and Parker is their best weapon in that regard.

I don't think we're going to get the WR1 upside we were hoping for with Cutler, who locks onto one guy.  But Parker will still produce and most certainly worth an add just to see what happens.  I'm just hoping for 50-70 yards and 0.5 TDs per game at this point.

8 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Played very well (WR2) the first 3 games of the season. Got injured in the 4th game and has missed the two games since then. Assuming he gets over his ankle injury, then yes, I would say he is worth adding. He looked good when he was playing. The question was the Dolphins offense and its ability to move the ball.

If I add I hope MIA holds him out this week and brings him back next....thanks a lot!

New Player Note Tue, Oct 24

DeVante Parker (ankle) appeared to take part in Tuesday's practice.

Advice: The Dolphins apparently weren't doing much, but Parker was on the field for the portion of practice open to the media. He'll likely be slapped with a "limited" tag, which would be a step forward, but hardly a guarantee he's returning Thursday.Daily Slant: Whether Parker plays or not, Landry appears to be the better option. While outside CBs Jimmy Smith and Brandon Carr have held receivers to 0.47 (5th) and 0.83 (21st) yards/cover snap, respectively, Baltimore’s primary slot guy, Ladarius Webb, has allowed 2.25 when inside, the worst in the NFL (per PFF). On top of that, when Matt Moore started in 2016, Landry averaged a 6.5/9.0/78.75/0.5 line to Parker’s 3.5/5.75/50.5/0.25. However, Landry is probably best used in GPPs. Considering how solid the Ravens D has been overall, there’s plenty of risk involved with this offense. They currently have the 3rd-lowest implied total (17.25 points).

MoreArmando Salguero on Twitter

I'm very scared to roll this guy out against a stingy Ravens defense and on a very sketchy ankle. Huge risk for a re-injury or a dud in general. However, the options on my squad are lacking to the point that it'd be Bennie Fowler over him... If he logs a full practice in today, are you guys rolling the dice with him? A lot of red flags here but I know many of us are so thin at WR.. 

2 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

I'm very scared to roll this guy out against a stingy Ravens defense and on a very sketchy ankle. Huge risk for a re-injury or a dud in general. However, the options on my squad are lacking to the point that it'd be Bennie Fowler over him... If he logs a full practice in today, are you guys rolling the dice with him? A lot of red flags here but I know many of us are so thin at WR.. 

same boat - WW wrs or him - full practice and I'm rolling out. 

I'm finding harder and harder not to drop this guy. Miami is not a good team, he's played 3 games and in 2 of them iirc the points he scored was only in garbage time. In the same time you have Landry who has 11 targets per game and Stills is becoming a factor. I want to be optimistic here but with bye weeks coming up, it's hard to keep the faith and not drop for a guy like Davis or even Doctson.

33 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

I'm finding harder and harder not to drop this guy. Miami is not a good team, he's played 3 games and in 2 of them iirc the points he scored was only in garbage time. In the same time you have Landry who has 11 targets per game and Stills is becoming a factor. I want to be optimistic here but with bye weeks coming up, it's hard to keep the faith and not drop for a guy like Davis or even Doctson.

Your concern is misguided. In the 3 full games Parker played, he produced in all of them. Stills is becoming a factor because he's starting in Parkers place -- that won't continue.

The ten-day layoff after tonight's game is the closest thing Miami has to a bye all year, since the hurricane postponed their week one game.  It will be surprising if Parker plays tonight, to get that extra stretch of rest.  But he seems to be trending in the right direction.

Multiweek absence and new QB when he gets back. I view Parker as droppable but only for a "high upside" stash like Davis, Westbrook, ... maybe Robinson?

Also after seeing the Giant's corps get decimated with ankle injuries and given Parker's history, I don't have a lot of confidence that he'll stay healthy AND perform this year. Keeper/dynasty leagues different story though.

Anyone who says devante parker should be dropped doesn't know football. Just because he is injured doesn't mean you drop him. Hes avgd double digit points every game he's played and can easily go off for a 25+fp game. Hes a wr2 with wr 1 potential. Go ahead and drop him. With the way you think, wonder if you guys will even make the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Swagitude said:

Anyone who says devante parker should be dropped doesn't know football. Just because he is injured doesn't mean you drop him. Hes avgd double digit points every game he's played and can easily go off for a 25+fp game. Hes a wr2 with wr 1 potential. Go ahead and drop him. With the way you think, wonder if you guys will even make the playoffs 

You tell them!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tugginroot

5 minutes ago, Swagitude said:

It really depends on the league and who is on your roster. i was contemplating dropping because I already have 3 WRs I would play before him (Nuk, Thomas, & Baldwin), as well as Sterling Shepard who I think could be more productive (maybe?). I'm also stacked at RB so I will likely never play a 3rd WR. So I wouldn't assume people who drop him are stupid...obviously trading is a better option, but he doesn't have much value right now so i can understand people dropping him in certain situations.