Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook


Fort4242
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Hopefully he is a bit better than pedestrian. Talented guy like this needs to start showing up at some point.

Parker has showed up when he has played. He has yet to have a huge game but hard to complain when he has put up 12, 21,12, and 12 in full games played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Parker has showed up when he has played. He has yet to have a huge game but hard to complain when he has put up 12, 21,12, and 12 in full games played. 

Yes he has shown up very pedestrian when healthy with those numbers. For a player that's potential #1wr, 58 points in a 1 ppr for 2017 so far, is not good enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Yes he has shown up very pedestrian when healthy with those numbers. For a player that's potential #1wr, 58 points in a 1 ppr for 2017 so far, is not good enough. 

LOL He has been hurt but has put up solid WR2 number when playing, which is far from pedestrian. He was a 5th-6th round pick. Nobody was picking him as a true WR1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

 

He basically only played in 4 games this year lol

 

4 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

LOL He has been hurt but has put up solid WR2 number when playing, which is far from pedestrian. He was a 5th-6th round pick. Nobody was picking him as a true WR1. 

An NFL team drafted him to be #1. And NBatum88, thats part of my point, he's only played in 4 games. Needs to step it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

 

An NFL team drafted him to be #1. And NBatum88, thats part of my point, he's only played in 4 games. Needs to step it up. 

 

He was injured. Can't blame him for taking the time to recover fully. Parker has played well in the games that he's been healthy. 

 

 

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

 

5 games. Still more than ODB or ARob. 

 

I wasn't counting the game where he got injured in the first quarter and sat out the rest of the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Nah. Parker's been productive all year.

 

Well, he has been consistent. Hard to dispute that. All the PPR teams will probably take this production. But he's been a bit of a let down considering the hype (from the team not just RW). the injuries and lack of touchdowns.

 

Also, Gase does not get this guy involved until the final period (even after displaying his otherworldly catching ability last week). 3-27 at the half was a season high. Maybe Gase is afraid he'll get hurt, so he only uses him when absolutely necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, banana said:

Disgusting usage of him. Should be an absolute weapon. Instead only an afterthought to Stills and Landry. 

image.png.7826a8e70a143c911a47cb7c059e2504.png

How is he only an afterthought? Got more than enough targets, and at least one of the three he didn't catch was a long attempt. Unless you mean in red zone / goal line situations, would be nice to see him get more designed looks there, but hard to argue with Landry's effectiveness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Newtown said:

 

Well, he has been consistent. Hard to dispute that. All the PPR teams will probably take this production. But he's been a bit of a let down considering the hype (from the team not just RW). the injuries and lack of touchdowns.

 

Also, Gase does not get this guy involved until the final period (even after displaying his otherworldly catching ability last week). 3-27 at the half was a season high. Maybe Gase is afraid he'll get hurt, so he only uses him when absolutely necessary.

I dont care what Quarter he scorers his points in. He continues to produce at a startable level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I dont care what Quarter he scorers his points in. He continues to produce at a startable level.

 

Noone cares. But he would probably produce more if he was more involved early. And again, his pedestrian stats are good for some leagues, but not for others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I traded Parker away in one league because I just didn't feel he was getting the proper usage. I still own him in another keeper league as he has all the tools to be a true #1WR.  But there are so many reasons why it isn't happening this year. 1) when they need a big play or a first down they would rather go to a different WR or even Julius Thomas. 2) He hasn't been targeted much in the RZ, granted the Fins don't make it down there very often. 3) Cutler - he's just bad.  Even though they say he "loves" Parker it doesn't produce like it should.  Cutler also doesn't trust his O-line (don't blame him) so some of the deeper, longer developing routes to Parker don't materialize.

 

When Parker is healthy he's a great WR but the MIA offense doesn't feature him like one.  As long as landry is in the picture it will be an even share in targets.  Next year though, for those in a keeper league you should get better results from Parker.  Dolphins haven't shown they want to give the $ to Landry so I assume Landry is gone next year.  Should help Parker be more of a feature next year.  If Tannehill is healthy AND Landry is back then don't bet on Parker as Tannehill loves Landry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...