NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

Fort4242

3 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Doubtful unless there is some new investigation going on.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the NFL has closed the investigation into domestic violence allegations against Jarvis Landry.

Just like the Florida State Attorney's office, the NFL did not find sufficient evidence to suspend Landry. The receiver can now officially put the situation behind him.

Oct 24 - 12:33 PM

TMZ released the video today.  Question is had they (NFL) seen the video?

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/16/jarvis-landry-domestic-violence-surveillance-video/

Edited by ColoWrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Doubtful unless there is some new investigation going on.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the NFL has closed the investigation into domestic violence allegations against Jarvis Landry.

Just like the Florida State Attorney's office, the NFL did not find sufficient evidence to suspend Landry. The receiver can now officially put the situation behind him.

Oct 24 - 12:33 PM

There was a video that just came out of Jarvis...

10 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

I dont know anything about this story, but does anyone who watched the video really think that's worthy of domestic violence? 

It wasn't a whole lot but I feel confident in saying that it wasn't "incidental contact" as Landry and his rep are saying.  The NFL had ruled that there was insufficient evidence in Landry's case.   I am guessing they would have the right to re-open the case in light of new evidence to them.  Would they look at the tape and see it as being 6-game suspension (first offense penalty) worthy for Landry though?  

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

It wasn't a whole lot but I feel confident in saying that it wasn't "incidental contact" as Landry and his rep are saying.  The NFL had ruled that there was insufficient evidence in Landry's case.   I am guessing they would have the right to re-open the case in light of new evidence to them.  Would they look at the tape and see it as being 6-game suspension (first offense penalty) worthy for Landry though?  

As far as I know the NFL is crazy random and unpredictable, anything could happen. I agree it was more than "incidental contact".

He shoves her and she falls backwards into the car. Dick move sure, but 6 game abuse suspension??? This is a non-event if I've ever seen one.

I have Parker and would love a suspension, but c'mon man. Not happening! If that's physical abuse, then AJ Green and Mike Evans are guilty of aggravated assault

Edited by leboomtings

2 minutes ago, leboomtings said:

He shoves her and she falls backwards into the car. Dick move sure, but 6 game abuse suspension??? This is a non-event if I've ever seen one.

I have Parker and would love a suspension, but c'mon man. Not happening! If that's physical abuse, then AJ Green and Mike Evans are serial killers.

But this is today's NFL we are talking about. How does Zeke get suspended when there is no evidence but something like this is overlooked, case closed?

7 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

But this is today's NFL we are talking about. How does Zeke get suspended when there is no evidence but something like this is overlooked, case closed?

Haha good point. I think there's no clout on this one though. No one gives a damn about the fins. Not enough of a high profile news-maker for Supreme Overlord Goodell.

Though if Zeke had gotten off, I'd bet on Landry getting a 2 year suspension MINIMUM

Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen believes DeVante Parker isn't playing with the same edge he had in the offseason.

"He doesn't have the edge that he had coming out of training camp," were Christensen's exact words. "But I do think that sometimes with those guys who are speed guys and outside guys you get a nagging thing and you just don't feel 100 percent. I'd say that that is the reason." Parker is always dealing with, and usually playing through, some sort of minor injury. This year it's been an ankle. Parker has actually been quite productive in garbage time, and cleared 60 yards in all five of his complete appearances. He has an excellent Week 11 matchup in the Bucs. Perhaps his OC's words will spark him to a big day.

Source: Miami Herald

Kenny Stills left Thursday's practice with a back injury.

Despite the setback, Stills is expected to be fine for Sunday's matchup with Tampa Bay. Stills have gone over 60 yards receiving in three of his last four games but is still merely a WR4 for fantasy purposes.

OC calling him out + a Stills injury? Pretty nice (for non-Stills owners.)
Edited by Jwook

1 hour ago, Jwook said:

Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen believes DeVante Parker isn't playing with the same edge he had in the offseason.

"He doesn't have the edge that he had coming out of training camp," were Christensen's exact words. "But I do think that sometimes with those guys who are speed guys and outside guys you get a nagging thing and you just don't feel 100 percent. I'd say that that is the reason." Parker is always dealing with, and usually playing through, some sort of minor injury. This year it's been an ankle. Parker has actually been quite productive in garbage time, and cleared 60 yards in all five of his complete appearances. He has an excellent Week 11 matchup in the Bucs. Perhaps his OC's words will spark him to a big day.

Source: Miami Herald

Kenny Stills left Thursday's practice with a back injury.

Despite the setback, Stills is expected to be fine for Sunday's matchup with Tampa Bay. Stills have gone over 60 yards receiving in three of his last four games but is still merely a WR4 for fantasy purposes.

OC calling him out + a Stills injury? Pretty nice (for non-Stills owners.)

The Stills blurb mentions how he's gone over 60 yard receiving in 3 of his last 4 games. 

So has Parker...sure, he got hurt in one game, but owners don't get a credit for playing him, having him get hurt, and not counting that game in their stats.

Stills has 2 TD's, 19 catches and 245 yards across his last 4 games. He gets considered as a WR4.
Parker has 1 TD, 18 catches and 217 yards across his last 4 games. He gets considered as a WR2 or at worst, a WR3.

Stills obviously has a low floor. But he has a higher ceiling (as evidenced by his 4 TD's to Parker's 1 TD). Against Tampa, the recipe is there for Parker to finally break out...but who's to say Stills won't be the one who breaks out instead?

17 minutes ago, Corleone said:

The Stills blurb mentions how he's gone over 60 yard receiving in 3 of his last 4 games. 

So has Parker...sure, he got hurt in one game, but owners don't get a credit for playing him, having him get hurt, and not counting that game in their stats.

Stills has 2 TD's, 19 catches and 245 yards across his last 4 games. He gets considered as a WR4.
Parker has 1 TD, 18 catches and 217 yards across his last 4 games. He gets considered as a WR2 or at worst, a WR3.

Stills obviously has a low floor. But he has a higher ceiling (as evidenced by his 4 TD's to Parker's 1 TD). Against Tampa, the recipe is there for Parker to finally break out...but who's to say Stills won't be the one who breaks out instead?

The problem is that Parker is never the #1 read on plays created to specifically get him down the field to take advantage of his strengths.

Never.

He's hardly ever the first read. Even when he is, it's been a quick 10 yard out. Like...who cares?

Until this offense and the OC has the balls to design plays for him down the field, he's going to be middling.

Can't bank on garbage stats every week.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

The problem is that Parker is never the #1 read on plays created to specifically get him down the field to take advantage of his strengths.

Parker wasn't even the first read on his one and only touchdown this season. Think he was like the 3rd or 4th before the game clock expired.

11 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

I should have my head examined for owning such a passive, mentally soft player.

People are so used to players whining to get the ball they think that is the only route.  Coaching staff needs to realize he should be getting the ball, that is literally their job, to use their best players. You shouldn't have to have a player come over and cry about it.  Not to mention, the guy is being a good teammate and NOT whining about it.  Not every WR has to be some diva, and not every WR has to cry for the ball.  I honestly wish more coaches would tell their players to STFU about the ball when they go and cry to the media about it.

Devante better step it up, I need him today and I've got him lined up over Cooper Kupp and Marqise Lee.

FWIW:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article184999818.html

"There's still seven more games. We talked about it this morning. We have to get him right back to that level. He still could do some great things before this year is over and he could make it into a heck of a season.”