NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

I'm holding on one more week. You guys know he's gonna blow up vs the Pats this week on someone else's bench

There is an interesting stat somewhere that says Moore prefers Stills and Stills has pretty decent games when Moore's in. 

NE is no longer the easy matchup in the pass game they once were to begin the year. They have been lights out the past four games. Hold/start at your own risk.

Last 4 have been all been held to about 220 yards and only 1 score.

Matt Ryan

Phillip Rivers

Brock Osweiler

David Carr

Every single QB threw 1 interception except Ryan

3 out of the 4 are much more talented QBs and pass games compared to MIA

Edited by Dirtywater97

We can dream of a world where:

Parker is 100% healthy;

Parker doesn't have two superior receivers on his team;

Parker has a good or even decent QB;

Parker has an OC that prioritizes getting him the ball;

Parker has the smarts and drive to play championship level football.

I am ready to wake up.

I cant wait to  get this guy for the correct price next year!

I owned him 2 out of the last 3 years and I thought THIS year it was really gonna bite me in the butt missing out on him bc his hype ran his price up in auction.

CANT WAIT

26 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

We can dream of a world where:

Parker is 100% healthy;

Parker doesn't have two superior receivers on his team;

Parker has a good or even decent QB;

Parker has an OC that prioritizes getting him the ball;

Parker has the smarts and drive to play championship level football.

I am ready to wake up.

Only one I'm going to disagree with is that one.  Landry sucks.  Stills, I will give you.

12 hours ago, tpat30 said:

There is an interesting stat somewhere that says Moore prefers Stills and Stills has pretty decent games when Moore's in. 

Parker hasn't played a full game with Moore all season -- those blow-up Moore/Stills performances happened while Parker was injured with the high-ankle sprain.  It's possible Moore has a better rapport with Stills because Moore hasn't taken a whole lot of first-team reps while Parker was healthy, which may be something they're working on this week.

I'm not saying Parker is good this season or due for a good game, because he's just been disappointing all season without much sign that he'll turn it around.  But I'm stuck with him as my WR3 and absolute garbage on the waiver wire, so this is the story I'm telling myself to give myself some hope.

23 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I thought this guy could be a top 15 WR in all of Fantasy Football

:unsure:

Me too. I really thought I hit on Cooper (2.06) Allen Robinson (4.06) Martavis Bryant (5.07) Devante Parker (6.06) and Corey Coleman (10.06) 

Edit...I kinda lucked out, because had Pryor fell to 4.06...I would have taken him over Bryant. Whew...dodged a bullet...sigh

Edited by Tenner
14 hours ago, tpat30 said:

What sucks is that he has New England twice, such an easy matchup. Knowing Miami, they'll either get blown out and suck on offense or Stills and Landry will go off and Parker will only get 30 yards...ugh.

Do more/better research.  The Patriots have been a completely different D, especially against the pass, over the past 7 weeks....and that's without Gilmore for 2 games and Rowe for the past 5.  Gilmore had been very good last two weeks, after returning from concussion and Rowe should be back this week.

58 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Do more/better research.  The Patriots have been a completely different D, especially against the pass, over the past 7 weeks....and that's without Gilmore for 2 games and Rowe for the past 5.  Gilmore had been very good last two weeks, after returning from concussion and Rowe should be back this week.

Naw. For fantasy purposes they're still ranked 29th for FF points allowed to WR's. Sanders torched them for 137 yards. Maybe they shut down Landry, but their 2nd or 3rd WR might feast. It'll probably be Stills though and not Parker. Actually Parker should be shut down since he lines up on the outside. So Landry or Stills are the bet to have one of those guys have a great game.

Edited by tpat30
40 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Naw. For fantasy purposes they're still ranked 29th for FF points allowed to WR's. Sanders torched them for 137 yards. Maybe they shut down Landry, but their 2nd or 3rd WR might feast. It'll probably be Stills though and not Parker. Actually Parker should be shut down since he lines up on the outside. So Landry or Stills are the bet to have one of those guys have a great game.

Yeah, because of their historically bad start. If you don't follow trends and just go by ranking for the whole season you are setting yourself up for failure.

Sure, Sanders got 120 yards, but who is his competition for volume? An aging and declining DT?

Parker has to contend with Landry, and Stills, and then to top it off Thomas gets a good amount of RZ looks as well.

Edited by Dirtywater97
5 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yeah, because of their historically bad start. If you don't follow trends and just go by ranking for the whole season you are setting yourself up for failure.

Sure, Sanders got 120 yards, but who is his competition for volume? An aging and declining DT?

Parker has to contend with Landry, and Stills, and then to top it off Thomas gets a good amount of RZ looks as well.

Not really. It worked out well for Sanders. 137 yards. And you talk about volume, but Sanders has been up and down all year and had his best game of the season against the Pats. The rest of my post mentioned that Parker will be shut down but Stills or Landry should have a decent day.

Sanders was running wide open that day. 

1 hour ago, tpat30 said:

Not really. It worked out well for Sanders. 137 yards. And you talk about volume, but Sanders has been up and down all year and had his best game of the season against the Pats. The rest of my post mentioned that Parker will be shut down but Stills or Landry should have a decent day.

Sanders was running wide open that day. 

Please stop pretending like you know what you are talking about. 4 out of the past 6 games, the patriots have held opponents to 237 yards passing or less. The other two games, the quarterbacks threw the ball 47 times (Winston) and 46 times (McCown), so of course the yards are going to look impressive.  

The passing defense was a disaster for the first four games, which is skewing the season-long stats.   They are a much different defense right now, that is the reality.  They will only get stronger when Rowe returns, as soon as this weekend. 

Edited by Patsgofor6
4 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Please stop pretending like you know what you are talking about. 4 out of the past 6 games, the patriots have held opponents to 237 yards passing or less. The other two games, the quarterbacks threw the ball 47 times (Winston) and 46 times (McCown), so of course the yards are going to look impressive.  

The passing defense was a disaster for the first four games, which is skewing the season-long stats.   They are a much different defense right now, that is the reality.  They will only get stronger when Rowe returns, as soon as this weekend. 

And please stop being an annoying Patriots fan. No one cares about all that. This is fantasy football. The Patriots should jump out to a quick lead. How many times do you think Moore is going to throw it? 40?

It's obvious the Patriots are playing better defense. Their last 3 games speak for themselves. Doesn't mean Stills or Landry can't have a decent day lined up in the slot most of the game. I already said Parker will be shut down because of the matchup on the outside. Get off your Pats nuts and chill.