Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tevin Coleman 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Here's the early word on Freeman's injury...

 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Devonta Freeman (concussion) is unlikely to play Week 11 against the Seahawks.

Freeman suffered his second concussion of the season on Sunday, so the Falcons are going to take it slow with their star running back. Even so, Schefter does not expect Freeman to miss multiple games. Tevin Coleman ran for 83 yards and a score with Freeman sidelined against the Cowboys. Even in a tough matchup in Seattle, Coleman will be a borderline RB1 if Freeman sits.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-11-12 at 8:56 PM, martinjlm said:

Almost didn't play him until Forte went down this week. Glad I did! Sorry to see Freeman concussed but glad to have Coleman. I was really excited and was hoping they played on Thursday this week because almost no way Freeman will be cleared. Unfortunately not. Monday game AND they play SEA. So super risky dang it.

 

Coleman will have the lead role but this is a tough matchup vs SEA, I feel like this could be a trap game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

 

Coleman will have the lead role but this is a tough matchup vs SEA, I feel like this could be a trap game. 

Running backs have had success against SEA and with Freeman out, Coleman getting the lions share he’s a must start. Sea is banged up on defense too

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ozark said:

Running backs have had success against SEA and with Freeman out, Coleman getting the lions share he’s a must start. Sea is banged up on defense too

 

I agree. Anything can happen from game to game, but here's how RB's have done against Seattle so far this season (scoring format is .25 points per catch, 1 point every 15 rush yards, 1 point every 15 receiving yards, 3 point bonus for 100-yard rush/receiving games, 6 points per TD, -3 for lost fumble). 

 

Week 1: Montgomery 93 total yards - 1 TD - 13.13 FP's

Week 2: Hyde: 143 total yards - 13.18 FP's

Week 3: D.Murray: 120 total yards - 1 TD - 17.17 FP's

Week 4: Gore: 80 total yards - 6.03 FP's

Week 5: Gurley: 50 total yards - fumble - 0.8 FP's

Week 6: bye

Week 7: Darkwa: 48 total yards - 3.9 FP's

Week 8: L.Miller: 73 total yards - 2 TD - 17.56 FP's

Week 9: Kelley: 18 total yards - 2 TD - 13.71 FP's

Week 10: Peterson: 42 total yards - fumble - 0.02

 

Seattle had great success against Gurley and Peterson for sure. But they've had their share of misses, with 5 RB's getting big fantasy games against them in their 9 games played, and 1 other respectable game (Gore) as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Corleone said:

 

I agree. Anything can happen from game to game, but here's how RB's have done against Seattle so far this season (scoring format is .25 points per catch, 1 point every 15 rush yards, 1 point every 15 receiving yards, 3 point bonus for 100-yard rush/receiving games, 6 points per TD, -3 for lost fumble). 

 

Week 1: Montgomery 93 total yards - 1 TD - 13.13 FP's

Week 2: Hyde: 143 total yards - 13.18 FP's

Week 3: D.Murray: 120 total yards - 1 TD - 17.17 FP's

Week 4: Gore: 80 total yards - 6.03 FP's

Week 5: Gurley: 50 total yards - fumble - 0.8 FP's

Week 6: bye

Week 7: Darkwa: 48 total yards - 3.9 FP's

Week 8: L.Miller: 73 total yards - 2 TD - 17.56 FP's

Week 9: Kelley: 18 total yards - 2 TD - 13.71 FP's

Week 10: Peterson: 42 total yards - fumble - 0.02

 

Seattle had great success against Gurley and Peterson for sure. But they've had their share of misses, with 5 RB's getting big fantasy games against them in their 9 games played, and 1 other respectable game (Gore) as well. 

You've got some weird point totals for your league. Is this like -4 points for a fumble or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does SEA have any major injuries to its front 7? Going up against the lane stuffing Bobby Wagner is quite the challenge. I hope to hear that others are injured to hopefully open up the running game for Coleman a bit. I could see ATL leaning on the pass game with Sherman, Chancellor and Earl Thomas  ailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You've got some weird point totals for your league. Is this like -4 points for a fumble or something?

 

Umm his post called out exactly how many points are lost for a fumble. It's -3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, NeroVendict said:

The time has come for us Coleman owners with Freeman going down. The long wait is over.


We got a bellcow for next week.

Well, let's say maybe he's the 1A and Ward the 1B now. Tevin had only 65% of the rushing attempts. And they still didn't use him in the passing game except for 1 target. Without those receptions he's gonna have to have a LOT of rushing yards to be more worth anything and I don't see that happening vs SEA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Does SEA have any major injuries to its front 7? Going up against the lane stuffing Bobby Wagner is quite the challenge. I hope to hear that others are injured to hopefully open up the running game for Coleman a bit. I could see ATL leaning on the pass game with Sherman, Chancellor and Earl Thomas  ailing.

Cliff Avril.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Well, let's say maybe he's the 1A and Ward the 1B now. Tevin had only 65% of the rushing attempts. And they still didn't use him in the passing game except for 1 target. Without those receptions he's gonna have to have a LOT of rushing yards to be more worth anything and I don't see that happening vs SEA.

You're worried about Ward? This is a joke right? There is no 1B. Freeman and Coleman are both great backs with a proven track record which is why they use both. With Freeman out of the picture, Coleman will get RB1 volume.

Coleman is an elite handcuff and has been catching the football all season out of the backfield.  With a banged up Seattle defense, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to rush over 100 yards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

You're worried about Ward? This is a joke right? There is no 1B. Freeman and Coleman are both great backs with a proven track record which is why they use both. With Freeman out of the picture, Coleman will get RB1 volume.

Coleman is an elite handcuff and has been catching the football all season out of the backfield.  With a banged up Seattle defense, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to rush over 100 yards.

Yeah I got him as an RB1 this week too. But he actually hasn't been catching the football at all, which is mind boggling. He has 5 catches over his past 5 games. Hopefully that changes this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Anyone else like me and worrying about Freeman being available for Monday night? A lot of us are in must win situations....Coleman takes a big hit if Freeman surprises and start. Am I unnecessarily worrying?

Falcons signed a RB from the Browns practice squad. Pretty good indicator that Freeman will be out.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I like how the blurb writers have demoted him from "on the RB1 map" to "mid-range RB2" in less than 24 hours with absolutely no change in circumstances.

 

I just noticed that too. Yesterday he was a borderline RB1 in his tough matchup and now he’s a mid-range RB2.  I guess the guy writing the second blurb isn’t as high on him this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

 

I just noticed that too. Yesterday he was a borderline RB1 in his tough matchup and now he’s a mid-range RB2.  I guess the guy writing the second blurb isn’t as high on him this week.

Don’t think anyone is really “high” on him this week. Sure, he’ll get rushing touches but unless Ryan targets him out of the backfield it won’t amount to much vs SEA. Why can’t it be Giants or SF? ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seattle is currently ranked 9th in rush defense, allowed 8 rushing TDs this year, and allowed a long run of 75yds. Sherman is also out so the Defense is going to need to help out more with the pass defense than stacking the box. I see big things for Coleman this Monday. Great floor guaranteed, the ceiling is the mystery. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Anyone else like me and worrying about Freeman being available for Monday night? A lot of us are in must win situations....Coleman takes a big hit if Freeman surprises and start. Am I unnecessarily worrying?

 

Not at all. I realize you posted this yesterday so the proof of his impending absence is even stronger considering he didn't practice today. Coleman will be the man Monday.

 

The problem: ATL this year has been very creative in finding a way for its best players to flop in key situations. This seems like a giant trap to me. Because of lack of other choices going to go down with the ship this week - starting w/o confidence.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...