NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cody Bellinger 2017 Outlook

Problem with these statements are I have an excellent track record of predicting up and down swings of specific players.  I've looked at film of this guy for 2 straight weeks now including his days in high school. I've actually skipped work a couple times to study more of this record setting pace.  Guy has a negative bifocal swing with a very pronounced uppercut. The hole is fastballs in and up.  With soft stuff away.  The book is out or will be out soon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying one thing wrong. I am expressing my opinion. This is what it's for right?   Ive been here since 2012. I actually have people find me on other sites and ask if it's really me. Then the next inevitable question is can I get your projections

anyway I digress

my prediction for Bellinger stands and trust me I've done the work to come to this conclusion 

48 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

I am not saying one thing wrong. I am expressing my opinion. This is what it's for right?   Ive been here since 2012. I actually have people find me on other sites and ask if it's really me. Then the next inevitable question is can I get your projections

anyway I digress

my prediction for Bellinger stands and trust me I've done the work to come to this conclusion 

you are wading into the fanboy storm my friend. brace yourself. 

From being on the Story Train (Traded for Urias straight up) the Thames train, still chuggin, and now the CB4 Cody I only crack dongs Bellinger train, I can tell you this. 

Enjoy the ride !

"We're going streaking." -- Frank The Tank 

Guys have been saying he has a huge flaw in his swing blah, blah, i think major league pitchers know that, yet he continues to take them deep, they can't seem to exploit it and he just set a record, he won't keep this pace up but i don't see a huge regression either

I didn't see Bellinger having a shot at balls up and in with that swing either but he's been able to catch up to it. I think the concerns about his swing are overstated. If he stays within his game plan, the type of swing he takes is irrelevant. The league will adjust back to his adjustments, it's all part of the ebb and flow of baseball. 

Some guy in the Bronx was also written off because he had a huge swing with a lot of holes in it. 

The sick part is I own Bellinger and the guy he displaced for #1. 

Gary Sanchez. 

This kid is a sure fire Hall Of Famer barring injury. 

Buy now or you'll never see him. 

He's like Apple at the IPO price. 

CB4!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/06/20/cody-bellinger-home-run-record/412162001/

Arenado has 22 walks in like 70 more at bats 

Bellinger has 21 walks in what equates to less than a month. 

.340 OBP for Bellinger 

Arenado .352 OBP 

Small sample size for CB4 but I think it's telling that he has as many walks as Nolan with far less at bats. 

This kid is a monster, anyone saying otherwise is a jealous SOB that rage dropped him or traded him away like a fool 

He's the NL Rookie Of The Year......

A la Kris Bryant ! 

So, what’s the ceiling?

Berger never did exceed his rookie home run total. McGwire went nearly a decade before doing so, hitting 52 home runs in the midst of baseball’s steroid era, to which McGwire ultimately admitted he was a participant.

It’s early, but Bellinger certainly looks like anything but a fluke.

At 21, he still has several years of growth – and plenty of room to add muscle to his 6-4, 210-pound frame. His physique almost seems an asset now – long limbs that can whip the bat through the zone quickly, and put a charge into pitches on the inner half. Still, a little extra meat on the bones won’t hurt.

Among major leaguers with at least 100 batted-ball events, Bellinger ranks fifth with a 10.7% “barrel percentage,” a Statcast metric that uses exit velocity and launch angle to determine well-struck balls, or “barrels.” Almost all the players in Bellinger’s rent district – save, once again, for Judge – are considerably older, stronger, more experienced.

It’s not so simple to project that Bellinger’s power proficiency will rise as he matures physically and as a hitter. Then again, it seems wise not to place any limits on Bellinger until his performance suggests we do so. 

1 hour ago, codyodea said:

I like the comp of Shawn Green.  Maybe not the BA but not too far off.  Shawn had that long swing as well.

I see that, but he reminds me of Griffey Jr. with that sweet swing of his.

13 minutes ago, lavaman said:

I see that, but he reminds me of Griffey Jr. with that sweet swing of his.

Idk about that. Griffey Jr was poetry in motion, Bellinger is more of a punch in the mouth. Smooth vs force.

1 hour ago, codyodea said:

I like the comp of Shawn Green.  Maybe not the BA but not too far off.  Shawn had that long swing as well.

I thought that too initially.  They had different swing pathes though.  Similar body types though.  Gangly gangsters who just swat the **** out of the ball.  I took the day off work and determined Bellinger is a f***** stud.  If anybody cares.