NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cody Bellinger 2017 Outlook

6 hours ago, steve9347 said:

Reading comprehension. He claims that he worked with the Cubs, Yankees, and A's. My guess is the early 90's dynasty he is talking about is the Athletics? From 88-92 they averaged 97.2 wins and finished 1st 4 out of 5 seasons.

Of course, I could claim I am Jesus, but then I wouldn't spend a bunch of time on a Bible Study message board... so take whatever the hell the guy is saying with a grain of salt.

I thought he was mocking metsfan personally. But what do I know, I'm only Bryce Harper and wasn't around for most of the time this guy claims to have scouted.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, BohCountyBats said:

I thought he was mocking metsfan personally. But what do I know, I'm only Bryce Harper and wasn't around for most of the time this guy claims to have scouted.

You were right.

11 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Scouts can be wrong they are wrong all of the time. No scout predicted Aaron Judge's rookie season dominance. And many of the scouts were very down on him a year or so ago which is why I started ignoring him in my dynasty league. 

Being a scout doesn't make your opinion true. You mention your prized "finds" which were no brainers might I add but let me hear some of your misses? Some of your duds or some of those guys you were really high on but flopped at the ML level. 

You say you helped build the early 90's dynasty of who the Cubs? The Cubs didn't have an early 90's dynasty. 

776.jpg

pssst, I also never mentioned "the early 90's dynasty of the Cubs".  Trust me.. I very much know the Cubs didn't have a dynasty in the early 90's.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
8 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

776.jpg

pssst, I also never mentioned "the early 90's dynasty of the Cubs".  Trust me.. I very much know the Cubs didn't have a dynasty in the early 90's.

Ok I get it. Yes you were talking about the A's. Ok, now what about the other things I brought up. You know the other 95% of my post the one that is being ignored and was the main point of what I wrote??

10 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Let's stay on topic please. I get excited for Bellidongs every time this thread is bumped only to get disappointed when it's just heated banter.

Well, I'll give you three guesses where this one ended up.

RQpsj0X.jpg

He went down on one knee practically to barrel that ball up and golf it out.  He generates just a tremendous amount of power from all portions of his body.  A truly remarkable stroke.

6 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He went down on one knee practically to barrel that ball up and golf it out.  He generates just a tremendous amount of power from all portions of his body.  A truly remarkable stroke.

but the holes in his swing ... my god the holes, the holes!

17 minutes ago, jb_power said:

but the holes in his swing ... my god the holes, the holes!

There's a reasonable chance he goes .260/40/100 in five months as a rookie.  I'm not sweating the holes.  Just think - experience should make him better.

13 hours ago, WARrate said:

With the exception of Stanton, he might have the best pure power in the league. He's certainly in that next tier with Judge and Harper.

I got trout in a tier by himself.

Then harper, bryant, bellinger

13 hours ago, WARrate said:

With the exception of Stanton, he might have the best pure power in the league. He's certainly in that next tier with Judge and Harper.

Pretty clear Judge has the most "pure power" in the league. He hits the ball harder than Stanton ever has, and further too. 

If you're talking "game power" vs. "pure power" then I could see an argument for Stanton. 

5 hours ago, absknicks said:

Pretty clear Judge has the most "pure power" in the league. He hits the ball harder than Stanton ever has, and further too. 

If you're talking "game power" vs. "pure power" then I could see an argument for Stanton. 

Yeah, I don't know about that... Stanton has more 95+ MPH hits, his Avg FB/LD velocity from 2 years ago is 2 MPH higher than Judge this season (so to say he never has is not the case). Judge does have a 121.1 MPH Max this year which beats out Stanton 120.3 from a couple years ago (David Freeze and Eric Hosmer both hit 123 MPH Max last year too, so one hit doesn't mean everything.)

I'd say the jury is still out as we see more of a sample. Everyone loves the new kid but time will tell.