NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cody Bellinger 2017 Outlook

On 6/8/2017 at 9:42 AM, absknicks said:

Yeah, as I said I think he's a ~35% K guy now.  SwStr% and Contact% back that up. Needs to make adjustments or the average will plummet. 

We'll see if he can make the adjustments on the fly or if he needs a minor league stint/offseason to do it. 

Seems this amateur analytics usage was completely off-base, as was pointed out before. Average has been improving since then, K-rate is nowhere near 35% now (nor was it then) and has improved substantially. Weird that a rookie would get better as the year progresses.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Seems this amateur analytics usage was completely off-base, as was pointed out before. Average has been improving since then, K-rate is nowhere near 35% now (nor was it then) and has improved substantially. Weird that a rookie would get better as the year progresses.

Abs is a good poster I don't really think there's any reason to ridicule here.  This was an interesting case study and both sides presenting arguments gave posters a good opportunity to dig in and learn some things from this.  

10 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Abs is a good poster I don't really think there's any reason to ridicule here.  This was an interesting case study and both sides presenting arguments gave posters a good opportunity to dig in and learn some things from this.  

Abs is a great poster.. and definitely provides some good insight.. Without arguments from both sides this forum would be a sunshine pump fest.. In the end this forum is not about being right or wrong, it's providing information and insight to help others make decisions. Things get heated from time to time and that's ok! 

Bellinger is a rare breed that struggled at times early on.. What he's doing now is just unreal.. anyone that owns shares in dynasty leagues are set for a longgggg time. Every time he is at bat, I just sit there and wait for the ball to explode off the bat. 

Just rolled his ankle making a catch near the wall in right field. Not an issue, he just made an awkward step, he gave a thumbs up after walking it off and the trainers ran out to took a look at him and he remains in the game. He's walking around in RF trying to walk it off between batters and testing his ankle but looks fine. I could see the Dodgers being cautious and pull him or sit him for a game but it's definitely nothing serious

Running a little more gingerly than normal back to the dugout after the 3rd out

Dont have Bellinger on any of my teams but I saw this live so I thought I'd post

13 hours ago, TheGreatest42 said:

What are y'all doing with Bellinger in weekly leagues?  I've seen some reports saying he'll sit for 2-3 days, but others saying he may sit for the whole series in Pittsburgh.  

Well I am lucky enough to own Miggy so I am benching Cody

His swoon after his initial burst on the scene scared me off with Joc Pederson PTSD, terrible move. I still have some long term questions on his ability to make consistent contact and what that means for him overall, but he has been spectacular this season, when he hits the ball he kills it.

Edited by StevieStats
On 8/22/2017 at 8:59 AM, StevieStats said:

His swoon after his initial burst on the scene scared me off with Joc Pederson PTSD...

Seeing that name here gives me cold sweats. I brought up the Dodgers CF over in the Judge thread, and the next thing you know...

Could someone with the sacred know-how please smudge this thread, ASAP?