NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Leonard Fournette 2017 Outlook

jmausen

18 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

This is the first game of the year.  Everyone is fired up.  

The Saints situation was much different.  The team was displaced for a long time and the stadium was used as a housing center for people for a long time.  Without any disrespect to the horrible things that have happened in Houston, Katrina was a nearly apocalyptic event.  It felt like the whole City of New Orleans was going to be closed down, never to be inhabited again or something, it was that bad a situation.  The return to the Superdome by the Saints was like a phoenix rising from the ashes.  I don't think anyone has had such feelings about Houston.  

There are many reasons to doubt Fournette but I don't think I'd put the hurricane in the top ten.

It's not quite the same as the New Orleans return (not sure what could ever be), but the Texans will almost certainly be playing some truly inspired football for their region, and it's helped by the fact that 1. The Houston defense is extremely talented and 2. The Jax offense is a mess until proven otherwise. 

I'm not benching Fournette unless I have some ridiculous options at RB/Flex ... he is lined up for too many touches. But the matchup won't help much. 

Edited by rcarena

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't draft him to sit. I will be starting him and I have Mixon on my bench. Depends if you have a better option on their bench. I doubt there's a better upside player.  I wouldn't listen to the so called experts b/c they have about as much FF knowledge as you or me, sometimes less. Especially before Week 1. 

6 minutes ago, Can't Win said:

I didn't draft him to sit. I will be starting him and I have Mixon on my bench. Depends if you have a better option on their bench. I doubt there's a better upside player.  I wouldn't listen to the so called experts b/c they have about as much FF knowledge as you or me, sometimes less. Especially before Week 1. 

The experts are clueless and anyone talking on TV is even more clueless, Matthew Berry said Rex Burdhead was the Patriots RB to own by far :lol: It's easy to make fun of after the fact but he is literally always wrong lol. That said you didn't draft someone in the first three rounds to have them sit on your bench this may be a tough week and it may not be you never know.  The experts also ranked Alex Smith 17th this week QB wise and Brady 1 so there you have it roll with your players.. This all being said am I expecting an explosion ? no but I'll be perfectly content with 15 carries for even 60 yards and a few catches. 

3 minutes ago, Danskeren said:

Didn't watch the game, but no one can be happy with 3.8 ypc? Or is this just ignored due to Houston begin a great defense?

Lmao you're taking this as a negative? Houston has a good defense and line .... his first game I'll take it. He will have a higher YPC most weeks nothing negative from this debut 3.8=ignore

1 minute ago, Knicks2689 said:

Lmao you're taking this as a negative? Houston has a good defense and line .... his first game I'll take it. He will have a higher YPC most weeks nothing negative from this debut 3.8=ignore

If there is one concern I have, it is that Allen Robinson is most likely done for the season. 

Although, it's not like the opposing teams don't crowd the offensive line anyways. I'm feeling very optimistic about Fournette.

He could be a lock for almost 400 touches. Just pray he stays healthy.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If there is one concern I have, it is that Allen Robinson is most likely done for the season. 

Although, it's not like the opposing teams don't crowd the offensive line anyways. I'm feeling very optimistic about Fournette.

He could be a lock for almost 400 touches. Just pray he stays healthy.

On point post. Not remotely concerned about the Robinson aspect though the line is decent enough he's going to have so much usage that it's all going to come down to health like you said.. if he manages to stay healthy enjoy the ride.. he easily could've had 2-3 rushing touchdowns today he is their entire offense. 

5 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

Just now, vtecnyg said:

Im even less happy about 124 total yard and only one touchdown. He's riding the pine next week

I was simply asking for some opinions. 3.8 isn't a positive long-term, which is why I was asking. All in all fine numbers, but that stood out to me.

7 minutes ago, Danskeren said:

I was simply asking for some opinions. 3.8 isn't a positive long-term, which is why I was asking. All in all fine numbers, but that stood out to me.

This guy might get so much volume that YPC doesn't even matter.  That said, this was a good performance today and it was nice to see JAX's commitment to him.  He had three catches.  They trusted him on a 4th-and-goal from the 1, which he converted (depending on who you talk to).  

Granted, they had great game script in this game.  But I don't see how you couldn't be anything but ecstatic with today's debut if you acquired him.

I played against him and definitely wouldn't mind having him on my team. Just has that look when he runs the ball.

Just wonder what his statline will look like when the Jags play against an actual NFL offense? If he continues to see targets through the air than you guys are lucky that have him.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Leonard Fournette 2017 Outlook
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • phizzics unlocked this topic