NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2017 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

So this guy, a big gorilla, that invites defense to come and tackle him while running the ball, and that runs over people for a living won't play in cold weather and wont play because of a bruise?

Isn't the NFL supposed to be "easy"?  Crushing blow for owners in the playoffs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six games into his rookie season, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette is standing by his preseason comments that the NFL is not difficult for him.

In an interview with Steven Ruiz of USA Today, Fournette said he "most definitely" believes the NFL is slower than he thought it would be. 

"I stand by it," he said. "You’re playing against older guys, but to me the speed of the game is still the same. Playing in the SEC, and against other top schools, you’re used to that. A lot of guys who are in the NFL are SEC guys."

Someone needs to tell the kid the trick to a long NFL career  isnt speed, it's being REILIABLE  by staying   HEALTHY AND PLAYING :lol:

6 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

Saying he should be good this week from reports I seen 

Yea same here.....If he plays, ill prob start due to injuries hitting my team but im not comfortable. If they have their division wrapped up, Id hate for them to trot him out there for 12 carries and 40 yards.

Agreed .. sucks because week 15 he would’ve feasted being up so much ...

im ina tough spot because zeke is back so I can use hunt/ zeke then Kenyan drake flex, but I do like the matchup for fournette this week and the jags stilll want to win for better seeding, if he plays I expect a good game  ( hopefully )

49 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Agreed .. sucks because week 15 he would’ve feasted being up so much ...

im ina tough spot because zeke is back so I can use hunt/ zeke then Kenyan drake flex, but I do like the matchup for fournette this week and the jags stilll want to win for better seeding, if he plays I expect a good game  ( hopefully )

With your choices, I would sit Fournette. SF run D has been decent as of late as well

3 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

With your choices, I would sit Fournette. SF run D has been decent as of late as well

I typically would but Gase has a hard on for Damien Williams and he’s supposed to be back... fournette is ranked 7th RB on sites I’m seeing .. will monitor his health all week though , didn’t no 49ers run D has been looking better 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

6/8 guys in my playoff challenge started Gurley ... (I didn’t)

Time to win me some money Lenny ... giddy up !

The guy that picked Henry will win the money, unless nobody picked him. Lol.

It would be cool if Fournette could lead the Jags to the 2nd round of the playoffs like Derrick Henry did on the road for the Titans against the Chiefs.

I’m sorry but someone please tell me why this guy is already being ticketed for a sure fire 1st round draft value next year. I get the “allure” given his college history and NFL draft status but I see nothing that would warrant him going several rounds higher than say....Alex Collins. Unless ofcourse he is playing hurt. He looks pedestrian 

27 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I’m sorry but someone please tell me why this guy is already being ticketed for a sure fire 1st round draft value next year. I get the “allure” given his college history and NFL draft status but I see nothing that would warrant him going several rounds higher than say....Alex Collins. Unless ofcourse he is playing hurt. He looks pedestrian 

8 man boxes and a mediocre at best offensive line, a mediocre passing game can do that. Remember todd gurley last year? Rams invested in an offensive line and got its passing game going and he faired much better this year. Granted he is always injured and I dont think he is a first rounder by any means.

3 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

If Bortles is still the QB he's not worth the risk.

22 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Allen Robinson will help

Even if he wasn't a FA, the issue is with the QB actually getting the ball to the WRs and not to the opposing team's defense.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Leonard Fournette 2017 Outlook