NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2017 Outlook

23 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Seems he's being used less Now that Cam is pushing the rock. Won't get any goalline carries either. Team doesn't know how to use him. Might try to sell before it's too late.

Cam being more mobile can only help McC. Teams will have to divert more attention to Cam actually running, should open up McC more and especially to having plays in space.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Cmac is shaping up to be a solid rb2/flex in ppr

That's his worst case scenario if you assume he scores no TDs this season. I think that is a faulty assumption.

Starting with confidence; he is still their best receiver. 

9 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

That's his worst case scenario if you assume he scores no TDs this season. I think that is a faulty assumption.

Starting with confidence; he is still their best receiver. 

It cant be faulty if after 4 games he has essentially been a rb2/flex in ppr.  So his worst case scenario is currently his reality. The faulty assumption was he would be a top 5 rb in ppr or an rb1 right out the gate. There are multiple rb's taken well after him or even undrafted who are performing better or at the same level fantasy wise.

Obviously he can go on a tear for ROS with Olsen out and samuel/kelvin battling injuries but thats not where he is currently being valued. 

Edited by dashoe
32 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Cmac is shaping up to be a solid rb2/flex in ppr

I agree 100%. He is certainly not even close to a bust but he essentially a WR in the RB position which is fine for ppr. Those of us that got him obviously overpaid for him but at least he is a weekley starter with a solid floor.

6 minutes ago, kdko said:

He's been just fine in PPR, I don't know what the expectation vs reality was for standard with CMC.

I drafted him in the 5th round as a backup to Gordon/Hyde with hopes of getting solid numbers out of the FLEX spot for him in standard. At this point he's on the bench and I am flexing Golden Tate over him. I'll hold on to him for Gordon's bye week, but I need something else by week 11 when CMC and Hyde are both on bye. I have Gallman stashed hoping he might break out, but if CMC doesn't do anything between now and week 9, I am probably dropping him come week 10.

Not sure if that is a realistic expectation for standard, but it's what I am operating under.

I thrive off panic. If people who own him are panicking then seems like a ripe time to buy low. Things haven't shaped up well for him thus far but I don't think they can get much worse and despite Stewart getting a majority of the carries it isn't like he is doing much with them. After awhile they need to shake things up if they continue to not work that well. CMC is still one of their most dynamic offensive players especially with Olsen out so I think they can't ignore him for long and Cam doing better only opens up more opportunities for him. 

7 minutes ago, Chente said:

Not what I expected but solid floor and I hope he will have 2 or 3 big game.

I dont know if his floor is very solid. He's had 2 games of 5 & 6 pts and yesterday he had 8 total touches. If it wasnt for a TD on an illegal play he wouldve had another 6 point outing.

Just now, floppy said:

except not nearly as productive so far

CMac got the TD this game. With the Panthers offense clicking we should start seeing more redzone opportunities. Nice matchup against the Eagles coming up.

7 minutes ago, metalmat said:

CMac got the TD this game. With the Panthers offense clicking we should start seeing more redzone opportunities. Nice matchup against the Eagles coming up.

yeah I got a good problem to have to pick between him or kamara in flex but it also drives me absolutely out of mind. hopefully cmac sees more touches going forward

• tonycpsu changed the title to Christian McCaffrey 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • phatrat featured and unfeatured this topic