NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Engram 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Tenner said:

I'll guess that ELI throws 40 times. 10 targets to OBJ, 7 targets to Bmarsh, 6 targets to RB's, 6 targets to Shep, 3 targets to unknowns. 

That leaves 8 targets to Engram. 

6 catches 75 yards and an above average chance for a touchdown. 

It's looking very doubtful OBJ won't be available.  

If not, how are his 10 distributed?  Hmmm?

10 Targets to Engram now?

Just now, theSPANKER said:

It's looking very doubtful OBJ won't be available.  

If not, how are his 10 distributed?  Hmmm?

10 Targets to Engram now?

I'd guess a slight drop in QB attempts...but Engram could now be his first read on more passes now. 

Redzone looks should sky rocket. I really hope Zeke doesn't screw up the game flow. I really don't want a bunch of 8 minute drives. 

welp, i was booted square in the jimmys in my main $$$$ league by Gilly and 'Reek a couple days ago ... ergo, im'ma slot this kid in to that matchup - he has that boom! potential to make up some ground (dropped Mr. Hooper).  yeah, he could bust, but all this guy needs is one split seam to HOUSE a toss from Eli. 

-wish me luck in the coming wars-

?????

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

welp, i was booted square in the jimmys in my main $$$$ league by Gilly and 'Reek a couple days ago ... ergo, im'ma slot this kid in to that matchup - he has that boom! potential to make up some ground (dropped Mr. Hooper).  yeah, he could bust, but all this guy needs is one split seam to HOUSE a toss from Eli. 

-wish me luck in the coming wars-

?????

Got to go with upside....how wrong can you be when we are talking TEs here?

I WANT ballas and game breakers!  

A guy with one play and you're set for the week.  Everything else is cherry on the top. 

Edited by theSPANKER
8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Cowboys have Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith who missed his entire rookie year and would've been a top 5 pick possibly. Is this really a good matchup for TEs anymore?

They had Sean Lee last year too ... and Smith hasn't played football in 2 years. He's only starting out of desperation because they have no front 7 (he was supposed to be "eased in")

we want Dallas to be dumb enough to try and put them in man coverage vs Engram

4 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

Jonas, I think this post just put about 100 guys into a depression.  Lol. Why were the Cowboys ranked so lowly against TEs last year then? 

Edited by TennisMenace
9 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

Cherry picking is fun. 2nd most receptions to TE in the league last year ... feel free to post Jordan Reed's game logs vs the Cowboys too

And when was the last time Jaylon Smith played an entire football game?

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Jonas, I think this post just put about 100 guys into a depression.  Lol. Why were the Cowboys ranked so lowly against TEs last year then? 

Jones largely had to cover for hurt secondary players like a pretty dinged up Scandrick and a hurt Claiborne who missed 5+ games, not to mention being thinner / smaller at MLB (no Jaylon) 

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Cherry picking is fun. 2nd most receptions to TE in the league last year ... feel free to post Jordan Reed's game logs vs the Cowboys too

And when was the last time Jaylon Smith played an entire football game?

Jones was largely used as a Corner in 2016 to cover for Scandrick and Claiborne.  Check 2015 Reed v Jones - 3 for 33 and 4 for 45 - zero TD's. 

and your point about Jaylon means nothing.  The man wasn't even supposed to be able to play in the NFL 18 months ago... and now he's ready to potentially start.