NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Engram 2017 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

10 years ftom now Engram will be known as the greatest TE in the history of the NFL!!!  He is a matchup nightmare.  Eli is going to start figuring this out this week.  Hop on and enjoy the ride

No, without elite blocking as well you don't even get considered. He can be great for fantasy but don't compare him to the greats that could play the position fully. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

10 years ftom now Engram will be known as the greatest TE in the history of the NFL!!!  He is a matchup nightmare.  Eli is going to start figuring this out this week.  Hop on and enjoy the ride

TOMMY, ...did you start drinking again ???

While Engram most certainly won't be the next tony gonzalez, the game has changed. Engram doesn't need to line up inside to block. I see engram as jordan reed without a mushy brain and history of a million different injuries. Fire the kid up!

2 minutes ago, Skins33 said:

While Engram most certainly won't be the next tony gonzalez, the game has changed. Engram doesn't need to line up inside to block. I see engram as jordan reed without a mushy brain and history of a million different injuries. Fire the kid up!

Yep he is a young Reed to the tee without checkered injury history.

1 minute ago, rbug8 said:

I'm starting him over Ty Mont and Blount as my flex (Gronk is my tight end)

Sorry, but that strikes me as silly.

Love EE, he's a fixture as my TE and don't even regret dropping HH, but Ty Monty gets the Saints w/a QB who should be dumping off a lot and Blount gets a Redskins D missing their best D lineman (Jonathan Allen). Would have to think both those guys have higher floors and ceilings this week than EE...

7 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Sorry, but that strikes me as silly.

Love EE, he's a fixture as my TE and don't even regret dropping HH, but Ty Monty gets the Saints w/a QB who should be dumping off a lot and Blount gets a Redskins D missing their best D lineman (Jonathan Allen). Would have to think both those guys have higher floors and ceilings this week than EE...

I'd start engram over Ty in standard and over Blount in PPR

Edited by dakimbell
8 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

I am in the same position.  Going with EE, but don't feel great about it. 

Why not? He's getting targeted like crazy. I'm starting ASJ and flexing Engram over John Brown. His usage has been great.

I traded Rudolph, Abdullah and Njoku for this guy. He's basically M. Evans @ TE. I only did it because I had depth still in Kittle and Rico @TE plus Mixon,Kamara,Mack & Crow who are essentially the same range as Abdullah.

EE is elite potential and should get Gronk treatment in targets for Giants. Will get even better matchup when OBJ returns next year to draw away coverage and the Giants finally address the line & RB positions.Could be Jimmy Graham @ his peak.

19 hours ago, Skins33 said:

Gronk still plays the position fully.  When a player can do it all that's when they are truly great.  This guy is simply a great te for fantasy.