Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Engram 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Hi. 

 

Odell is not 100%. Marshall is another year older. Engram has done nothing but impress since day one - and they are literally lining him up everywhere.

 

This is a tight end with an athletic profile that destroys "matchup nightmares" like Jordan Reed/Aaron Hernandez and is essentially on par with some of the games elite WRs (there's a lovely reddit chart - he's more or less Julio Jones lite). 

 

So far this summer he has been in the backfield, in the slot, split out wide, and given goal line fades ... He's a tight end who could literally take a 5 yard pass 50+ yards for a TD at any given moment 

 

And he'll be seeing man coverage all day vs a team that can't cover a TE.

 

Im seeing that a lot, that guy looks super promising.... Deep sleeper/late round gem

 

Eli Manning loves his te's, he might even show a little more love to the guy from Ole Miss

Edited by CABLE87
Link to post
Share on other sites

*Mcadoo (and Eli) love the TE 

 

Eli, still connected to Ole Miss, lobbied for this pick - and he's been getting rave reviews since he's been selected.

 

Ive had visions of a 50+ yard TD down the seam since training camp opened ... this guys size/speed combo is literally unfair. 

 

and after telling myself i self I was quitting fantasy football - got sucked into a work league and I'm back. Engram is my 1 and only TE - and I'm fine with it. Don't pretend higher ranked guys like Ebron are any more reliable. If you don't have 1 of the top TEs, you might as well roll the dice on Engram. Come Sunday night , you just might miss your chance.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting a lot more 2 TE formations this year since Engram's versatile skillset makes him a borderline WR its basically a 2 TE and 3 WR hybrid formation. 

 

I read last year the Giants used 3 WR's 90% of the time versus the league average of 60% this led to them being predictable and easy to defend.

 

Look for Engram to be heavily involved immediately.

Edited by skye2388
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

My main concern is all of the pass-catchers on the roster.

He's what?  4th 5th in the pecking order for catches?

 

The best players play, if i was the GM and i saw McAdoo trot out sterling shephard over this freak of nature Engram id slap mcadoo's ugly moustache off his face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skye2388 said:

I'm expecting a lot more 2 TE formations this year since Engram's versatile skillset makes him a borderline WR its basically a 2 TE and 3 WR hybrid formation. 

 

I read last year the Giants used 3 WR's 90% of the time versus the league average of 60%

 

Look for Engram to be heavily involved immediately.

 

Yes. They've emphasized being less predictable on offense ... what better way than being able to shift from a 2 TE to 3 WR set and lose no athleticism? 

 

Shepard is one who will be hurt most by Engram ... I also expect him to rotate in and out with Marshall as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

My main concern is all of the pass-catchers on the roster.

He's what?  4th 5th in the pecking order for catches?

 

Odell and Marshall are the only "sure things" ahead of him. 1 of those sure things sees constant double coverage and is nursing an ankle injury - the other is an aging vet. 

 

He's going to warrant at least as many targets as Tye received - and he's going to do a lot more with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olliemets said:

Is he worthy of adding to your bench if you have a top-6 TE? Trying to figure out what his value is in comparison to end of bench guys like Charles/Amendola/Doctson

 

Depends on your roster ... but I wouldn't be surprised if that top 6 TE becomes trade bait while you roll with Engram 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, stop worrying about the pecking order.  You have Giants fans on this thread that watched Manning have an affinity for the TE position his entire career.  He made Larry Donnell, Will Tye, Kevin Boss, Jake Ballard, etc etc the list goes on into viable targets, when these guys can't even sniff the field anywhere else.  He is elevating these bum players. Now he has someone more talented than all of them, loves to go to the TE, and we aren't supposed to have a realistic view of it?  Please do yourselves a favor and look at the TE targets and production over the past decade, and who the beneficiaries of those targets were.  Hardly household names here.  Engram is going to be involved.  It is the nature of the offense and the Quarterback throwing them the ball.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I don't want to burn a waiver claim but Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you guys are making me very uneasy.

Now blast you all if I don't pull the trigger I won't be able to sleep tonight.  :angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, Eli is still loyal to Ole Miss and visits in the offseason... Engram has caught passes from Eli since even before he's been drafted. They've met at Ole Miss before - and have been working out together even more since his selection.

 

Eli lobbied the front office to draft him.

 

The world finds out why Sunday Night. Look at the Engram / WR Reddit chart - then try and contain your excitement.

 

Dez, Watkins, Evans, Hopkins, Green, Julio - this is the skill set he possesses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Again, Eli is still loyal to Ole Miss and visits in the offseason... Engram has caught passes from Eli since even before he's been drafted. They've met at Ole Miss before - and have been working out together even more since his selection.

 

Eli lobbied the front office to draft him.

 

The world finds out why Sunday Night. Look at the Engram / WR Reddit chart - then try and contain your excitement.

 

Dez, Watkins, Evans, Hopkins, Green, Julio - this is the skill set he possesses. 

 

Yup, just looked at it.  I'm officially excited got engram and jimmy graham on one of my teams :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to chime in on what everyone else is already saying. Dude is gonna be a problem at some point this year. Might not be week 1, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up as a top 10 TE this season. Literally a gigantic wide receiver. As a Giant's fan, I've seen so many irrelevant TE's. I can't wait to see what someone with actual talent can do. Eli will feed him well

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Just want to chime in on what everyone else is already saying. Dude is gonna be a problem at some point this year. Might not be week 1, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up as a top 10 TE this season. Literally a gigantic wide receiver. As a Giant's fan, I've seen so many irrelevant TE's. I can't wait to see what someone with actual talent can do. Eli will feed him well

 

The Dallas defense is lookin like trash this year ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hype is getting pretty out of control.  This is a rookie TE we are talking about here.  Name the last one that was fantasy relevant at all.  And i see people grabbing him (so dropping someone that's almost certainly better) because of this unrealistic hype thread.  Come on guys...

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Again, Eli is still loyal to Ole Miss and visits in the offseason... Engram has caught passes from Eli since even before he's been drafted. They've met at Ole Miss before - and have been working out together even more since his selection.

 

Eli lobbied the Giants to take him.

 

The world finds out why Sunday Night. Look at the Engram / WR Reddit chart - then try and contain your excitement.

 

Dez, Watkins, Evans, Hopkins, Green, Julio - this is the skill set he possesses. 

 

If that is true then he must have really wanted him bad with guys like Reuben Foster or Dalvin Cook still available and they took Engram instead.

 

Reuben Foster on the Giants would habe made them the best defense in the nfl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Again, Eli is still loyal to Ole Miss and visits in the offseason... Engram has caught passes from Eli since even before he's been drafted. They've met at Ole Miss before - and have been working out together even more since his selection.

 

Eli lobbied the front office to draft him.

 

The world finds out why Sunday Night. Look at the Engram / WR Reddit chart - then try and contain your excitement.

 

Dez, Watkins, Evans, Hopkins, Green, Julio - this is the skill set he possesses. 

 

What is an engram / WR Reddit chart?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Hype is getting pretty out of control.  This is a rookie TE we are talking about here.  Name the last one that was fantasy relevant at all.  And i see people grabbing him (so dropping someone that's almost certainly better) because of this unrealistic hype thread.  Come on guys...

 

Says the fantasy footballer who has never seen a snap of an ole miss football game.

 

You see.people rushing out to pick up oj howard? He was drafted before Engram but Howard is not a glorified WR like Engram is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...