NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Engram 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ill wait patiently for you to tell me what this has to do with evan engrams outlook.

Or are you just another mouth breathing henry hater trying to bring your malfeasance into any thread i enter?

I hope you haven't been waiting patiently. Great vocabulary. Go Evan Engram :lol:

But really though, EE going off this week.

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Stat line looks good, missed the game but assuming he looked impressive

There were a couple passes he should have caught, but he was good. His TD was really impressing. He's a rookie and is just going to get better. Props to this site for putting me onto early. Idk what I would do without him seeing as how I lost Odell. 

12 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Stat line looks good, missed the game but assuming he looked impressive

Watched this whole darn ugly game only because I had Shepard, Engram and Goff in various lineups.

I thought Engram looked great and Eli missed him on at least one play by just a couple feet and it would've been a huge gain....Very likely could've been a 50+ yard TD.  

One thing that stood out to me was how often Engram was lining up out wide.  He's basically being treated like a WR.  The TD was a perfect example of that as they put him outside and just threw it up for him.

The big worry though is that the Giants are just terrible and Eli stinks.  Eli missed multiple throws yesterday that could've been big gains and he just has zero mobility to extend any plays to get bigger stuff down the field.  It also boggled my mind yesterday when the giants were down by 30 points yesterday very early in the 4th quarter near midfield and get a 4th and 1 and punt the ball.  I think they did it twice punting on 4th and short.  I just couldn't believe they were punting....Just terrible coaching and it was painfully obvious the coaches quit the game.

Anyways, Engram looks darn good to me.  

2 hours ago, Elcamino said:

I'd assume this talk of a QB change would be bad for EE?

Yes and no.

Obviously you like what you see between Eli/Engram, so don't want to lose that connection. Plus Davis Webb is a complete unknown. He could be completely awful. That said, young inexperienced QBs tend to lean on TEs as a safety valve. So while Engram might not get as many TDs and/or big plays, he could at the least be in line for a ton of targets and maintain solid PPR value.

I hope the Giants just stick with Eli though.

Engram is now WR4 in ESPN standard, and WR5 in ESPN PPR.

The only player I think with any legitimate hope of surpassing him in standard is Jack Doyle (who is very slightly ahead of him as WR4 in PPR). Doyle is his equal in targets with both having 63, but Doyle has more receptions and yards than Engram, with Engram having 4 TDs to Doyle's 2. That said, Engram already had a bye while Doyle gets his in week 11, so there's room for Engram to stretch a lead there. 

Brate is also close behind, but without Winston and with OJ Howard taking an increasing share, I don't think Brate is realistically going to surpass Engram. 

Ahead of him (or them--counting Doyle--in PPR) is Kelce, Ertz, and Gronk. Ertz is injured and both Ertz and Kelce are on bye this week, so there's potential room to start catching up there, but they both have significant point leads above Engram, so it'll be tough to catch any of them without continued absence or injury. 

Either way, a top 4 / top 5 finish is pretty good for someone I got out of free agency prior to week 1 because nobody bothered drafting him in my league. 

36 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

SF is great against tight ends but Engram is matchup proof. The Rams are great against tight ends too but he still had a great game.

And really as of late, they havent been so great...Plus with how often he lines up in the slot....Yea, over 10 points last 3 weeks without obj. Fire him up. should not be a question rest of season unless they bench eli.

42 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

SF is great against tight ends but Engram is matchup proof. The Rams are great against tight ends too but he still had a great game.

He's basically not a TE in this offense. He's a WR with TE designation.

Because of target share in this offense with putrid other pass-catching assets, I do call him matchup-proof, but if I was going to find a streaming option some week due to a terrible matchup, it would be against a defense that is stellar against WR, not stellar against TE. 

On Tue Oct 31 2017 at 12:52 AM, CamNewton said:

I think Engram is a set and forget for the ROS. However, it'd be naive to think that his targets don't take a dip with Shepard back in the fold.

What kind of "dip" were you talking about? Targets? Receptions? Or Copenhagen?

I saw 10 targets this past sunday.

19 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

Engram is my nonstop Flex until further notice.  I have Gronk so it feels weird to double TE but the way his points are...

Quoted for truth. Same boat here and it may feel weird but it also feels... GREAT.

Most teams can’t find one startable TE and we have two top 5 options. Love it. I hope that they look at our rosters and just feel sad.

Eli getting benched could be a concern, but it's important to remember that he has the longest active consecutive start streak and that means a lot to him. I'd assume he's still gonna play every game ROS

43 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Quoted for truth. Same boat here and it may feel weird but it also feels... GREAT.

Most teams can’t find one startable TE and we have two top 5 options. Love it. I hope that they look at our rosters and just feel sad.

The boats getting crowded, full steam ahead! Never thought Id start 2 TEs but it is what it is. Throw in Brady/Zeke/Bell and my opponents having been going through a lot of Kleenex this year.