NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Engram 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nosh0t said:

Engram is my nonstop Flex until further notice.  I have Gronk so it feels weird to double TE but the way his points are...

I'm rolling Engram at TE and Gronk at FLEX... which I prefer to having Gronk at TE and Engram at FLEX... because, well, it's a power move. 

Like... hey fantasy opponents... check this out: my team is so nasty, I am flexing Rob Gronkowski.

Boo yah. 

With the injuries to WR on the Giants he is essentially playing slot and running as a WR for the team. Fantasy gold for the TE position. And he has been durable so far (I'm looking at you Reed).

Just now, shakestreet said:

why are people pointing out that EE is basically a WR?

does that matter to us fantasy players? I say no . I want him to catch passes and TD's I could care less where he lines up

Because it matters whenever the WR position gets healthy for the Giants. Won't be this season, but next season he will certainly be overvalued.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Because it matters whenever the WR position gets healthy for the Giants. Won't be this season, but next season he will certainly be overvalued.

huh ?

EE is a freak of nature .... his value is skyrocketing no matter where he slots

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

Lol. Engram has never been marketed as an inline tight end. He'll be lining up in the slot/out wide his entire career and he'll always eat. Nom nom nom.

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What kind of "dip" were you talking about? Targets? Receptions? Or Copenhagen?

I saw 10 targets this past sunday.

If they keep playing from behind like Sunday there's enough of a target share for both Engram and Shepard to thrive. I didn't expect Eli to throw close to 40 times in that game.

4 hours ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Quoted for truth. Same boat here and it may feel weird but it also feels... GREAT.

Most teams can’t find one startable TE and we have two top 5 options. Love it. I hope that they look at our rosters and just feel sad.

I'd probably shrug since in many scoring formats even a top TE will only produce as many points as a Flex or maybe RB3 or WR3 you could have picked up from the WW scrap pile at any point.  While Engram is obviously a better choice compared to other TEs who would have been found on the WW (or still can be in many leagues) I'm still not going to sweat the 2-3 less PPG that I'd be projected to get with a Jared Cook, Tyler Kroft, etc.   

People seem pessimistic towards engram. Since everyone got hurt he has averaged 13 points a game. That’s far better than TEs have been this year. He is TE5 for a reason.

he has been consistently good all year and now due to injuries, he gets to shine. That’s how a lot of HOFs careers started. You just never know.

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

TE5? More like TE2/3

He's showing as TE5 or thereabouts in all my leagues behind Kelce well ahead of Ertz and Gronk in all formats, then Engram in a relatively tight pack (~10 points) with the likes of Brate, Graham, Cook, etc.  The only real wrinkle in that basic horserace tracking is in PPR leagues that Jack Doyle seems to be getting a boost and is a few points ahead of the Engram/Brate/Graham/Cook scrum.  Perhaps Engram will achieve some separation for ROS if he's able to maintain a steady production of 13PPG or so but as of the season to date he's not TE2/3. 

Reminds me of a faster version of Aaron Hernandez. 

I was actually able to pull off stealing EE and Kupp while giving up Pryor, Doyle, and Broncos D in a money league. I've been trying to trade for EE in that league for the last 5 weeks and finally got him before last week. Then Doyle goes off, ugh. 

At least now I own EE on all my leagues. Hells yeah!

3 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Reminds me of a faster version of Aaron Hernandez. 

I was actually able to pull off stealing EE and Kupp while giving up Pryor, Doyle, and Broncos D in a money league. I've been trying to trade for EE in that league for the last 5 weeks and finally got him before last week. Then Doyle goes off, ugh. 

At least now I own EE on all my leagues. Hells yeah!

nice! 

I traded Engram+Dalton for Keenan Allen over a month ago.... 

thought I had a grand heist on my hands. now I'm not so sure. Putting way too much faith in Charles Clay. 

41 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

nice! 

I traded Engram+Dalton for Keenan Allen over a month ago.... 

thought I had a grand heist on my hands. now I'm not so sure. Putting way too much faith in Charles Clay. 

Unfortunately it has been a strange season for WR1 with the exception of AB. 

I'm very disappointed with Evans, who I own on all my teams. Maybe the problem is Jameis, IDK. 

The hype train was actually going before the season started. I didn't even know who EE was until I clicked on his name in this forum. After reading everyone's analysis on here I  took the risk and waited on TE, drafted him in both my leagues round 13-14.

9 hours ago, trolltoll said:

The hype train was actually going before the season started. I didn't even know who EE was until I clicked on his name in this forum. After reading everyone's analysis on here I  took the risk and waited on TE, drafted him in both my leagues round 13-14.

For reference, the last time Gronk made it to the championship in my leagues was 2010 or 2011. He is almost never worth taking over a RB or WR unless he falls to the third or fourth round. Guys like Engram and Ertz were late round picks or free agents and will probably win people leagues.

Waiting on a TE/streaming is the way to go.

18 hours ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Quoted for truth. Same boat here and it may feel weird but it also feels... GREAT.

Most teams can’t find one startable TE and we have two top 5 options. Love it. I hope that they look at our rosters and just feel sad.

I have Engram & Brate and was expecting some trade offers for one of them. I think people are just used to TEs sucking and don't try.

19 hours ago, nosh0t said:

Engram is my nonstop Flex until further notice.  I have Gronk so it feels weird to double TE but the way his points are...

I'm in the same position. Engram isn't really a TE though - the Giants set him up as a WR much of the time and he's their primary receiving target.