NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Engram 2017 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Hype is getting pretty out of control.  This is a rookie TE we are talking about here.  Name the last one that was fantasy relevant at all.  And i see people grabbing him (so dropping someone that's almost certainly better) because of this unrealistic hype thread.  Come on guys...

Uhh, see: Hunter Henry.

I don't see anything unrealistic about this.  The Giants have a realistic need at TE and they have a TE with measurables comparable to the top WR's in the NFL. 

No one's holding a gun to your head, add him or sit by and watch him potentially blow up.

Edited by skye2388
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Hes my number one.  Lol.  He is ranked pretty high and look at the year he had.  

I have my eye on EE but I can't be foolish here. 

Ertz is the big mover this year, he will be top 5 and engram will be top 10. Dont know what rudolf will be by seasons end but i like engram to eclipse rudolf in receptions and yards and TDs is a toss up.

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Oh and don't forget, the Giants OL almost got Eli killed last year and they did not upgrade. 

Yeah the line still has problems but that is why Ellison was picked up.  He can help the line with his blocking and he can catch. In 2 tight ends sets, Engram is a WR.  In one tight end sets, Engram is still a WR. who will try to block. Also, OBJ is looking shaky to play right now

11 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

Uhh, see: Hunter Henry.

I don't see anything unrealistic about this.  The Giants have a realistic need at TE and they have a TE with measurables comparable to the top WR's in the NFL. 

No one's holding a gun to your head, add him or watch him blow up.

Uh see TE 15 last season... and you guys are telling people to drop Rudolph (TE flipping number 2) for this guy.  Im sorry to rain on the hype parade but how do you not see this hype as ridiculous?  And the drop advice as anything but terrible?

1 minute ago, Kyle87 said:

Uh see TE 15 last season... and you guys are telling people to drop Rudolph (TE flipping number 2) for this guy.  Im sorry to rain on the hype parade but how do you not see this hype as ridiculous?  And the drop advice as anything but terrible?

Ertz will be better than Rudolf this year and engram can certainly eclipse Rudolf, especially with Thielen hogging the slot position.

I would not propose carrying 3 TEs so id drop rudolf and roll with ertz and engram.

#2 TE last year, Rudolf,  wont pull you squat via trade.

5 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Henry didn't play a full season but when he was sole starting TE he was lighting it up.  Gates rained on his parade when he got back from injury.

I personally am not giving any add/drop advice here.  I'm sold on this guy, doesn't mean you need to be as well.

edit:

To add to the "when was the last time a rookie TE did anything" argument, I also recall grabbing Gronkowski his rookie year and getting carried to a championship.

Edited by skye2388
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

For those that missed it:

How is that bad for EE? TE's benefit greatly from dump-offs due to inept line play.

The better the oline the more time he has to find Marshall or Beckham.

I see your point and agree to an extent. But you need an OL to be successful, TE's included. If Eli doesn't have time to do anything he'll be on his back the entire game. I mean, routes need time to develop no?

23 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

He's talking about this:

Great info and very impressive. My question is this: If EE is a freak of nature, then why hasn't the mainstream FF sites, bloggers, media etc taken note? I haven't seen much PR on EE outside of these forums.

2 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Man, I can't believe I'm going to say this but......that's EXACTLY more evidence as to why you should roster EE!

If Gates wasn't there Henry would have exploded.  There is no other TE to siphon EE in the passing game right?

People are beating a dead horse talking about the Giants OL when the OL has been absolute s--- since 2010...getting even worse in the past 3 years.  Please look at the TE production, and the people who were the recipients of the targets.  How many targets did that bum Will Tye have last year with a terrible OL?  And what did he do with them? Let Engram get those same targets.  I guarantee he will easily eclipse the numbers Tye put up the past two seasons.  Donnell as well. Another bum.  Does anybody actually watch the games? I see the clear difference on this thread between people that watch the games and ones that just read stats or recite rhetoric. 

8 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I see your point and agree to an extent. But you need an OL to be successful, TE's included. If Eli doesn't have time to do anything he'll be on his back the entire game. I mean, routes need time to develop no?

Here is an opinion from another Giants fan, take it for what you will ...

WE HAVE A TIGHT END- I still cannot believe it after so many years of begging for one-- this offense now has a legitimate Tight end threat! This should be a difference maker for Eli and the entire offense. Engram's presence alone is going to make everything so much easier for Shepard- and he should have an amazing season. Eli knows he missed Shep a lot last season. WE HAVE A FULLBACK! It's almost too much good riches I'm deathly afraid of injury here at the FB position that just takes the whole concept out of the game plan. For now we line up a blocking TE & a FB and then we'll see just how bad our O line is. I guess that's the big question- The O line will it hold up? If it does the Giants will have deployed their money correctly.

http://scout.com/nfl/giants/Board/103168/Contents/The-Impartial-Review-Game-1-Cowboys-again-107019706

Edited by wahl35

I can say with confidence im a giants fan, second favorite team next to the saints my hometown team, as a new orleans native i watch the mannings and root for them wherever they go, Eli made those bum a** tes look better than what they were, and made them fantasy relavant, now you give him a freakish athlete like Engram?? Last great te they had was Shockey......im telling you guys this is a gem, im not saying drop kelce or anything crazy like that but if you did terrible at drafting tes ans hes still a FA, grab him NOW

37 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

reminder

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Evan-Engram-blazes-Jordan-Reed-in-dueling-40-yard-dashes-52621740

You guys need to stop comparing him to other TEs. There's never been 1 like him. Faster than AJ Green ... with a burst similar to Julio Jones at 10 pounds heavier. 

VD ran a sub 4.4 at 6 3 244lbs  (not sure if that weight is accurate coming out of maryland

46 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

reminder

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Evan-Engram-blazes-Jordan-Reed-in-dueling-40-yard-dashes-52621740

You guys need to stop comparing him to other TEs. There's never been 1 like him. Faster than AJ Green ... with a burst similar to Julio Jones at 10 pounds heavier. 

i don't think anyone disputes the tools, what remains to be seen is if the game plan will maximize those tools. i'm betting that it will, it just isn't as fun being the party poopper