we werent talking about hands we were talking about size and speed

and hes not the first big and fast TE see delanie walker also

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kyle87 said:

Uh see TE 15 last season... and you guys are telling people to drop Rudolph (TE flipping number 2) for this guy.  Im sorry to rain on the hype parade but how do you not see this hype as ridiculous?  And the drop advice as anything but terrible?

No one is advocating dropping a top 5 TE for him and I don't think many people are saying he's gonna be the best TE this year. What we're saying is this guy is a wide receiver who happens to have TE eligibility. Eli makes careers out of guys playing where he is going to. I got him with my last pick in a 12 team draft. There's literally no risk and all upside here. 

4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

reminder

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Evan-Engram-blazes-Jordan-Reed-in-dueling-40-yard-dashes-52621740

You guys need to stop comparing him to other TEs. There's never been 1 like him. Faster than AJ Green ... with a burst similar to Julio Jones at 10 pounds heavier. 

You guys are killing me with hype overdose.  Beginning to have dizzy spells.

I just checked myself into the hospital to get checked out and I've been placed in intensive care to hopefully recover before the season begins.

image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVDJN%3FKOPAHhIG_FbEbzAEHGhAzTp-ZZbAEAZ_tEh%26eKIPzAh-zAHFtt_AZzEHzEFEzGpZtA_-ZbHb%26N4Pz%26XPg04UejpwH8j6SksgXbm2CFXTAwUepXGvC5x3B0_o5Rp%26mPz%26NPX55g%25F1%25GQ%25GQWV1sf9.iW9fsffU.JvV%25GQ1cV1BciW5Xc9affgc1gBf1.%3Dgs%26gPIfm-Y%2CHbtt.z

Normally I wouldn't even come close to biting on rookie TE hype. However I think people need to realize the league is different nowadays. It's a passing league. TE's are more involved in the passing game. Someone like Jimmy Graham was basically a WR in NOLA. Engram himself is incredibly unique given that he's basically a WR. 

I think his upside is extremely high. If NY doesn't make him block, and throws him out there to feed him with teams worrying about Marshall/OBJ than he could really feast. It's hard to know until we see how the Giants use him. If they want him blocking alot, than yeah he's doing nothing this year. It's why rookie TE's never have big fantasy seasons. Someone like O.J Howard will have his hands full with blocking this season, all tho I do maintain comparing the history of rookie TE's is a little pointless at this point. 

7 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

What kind of league do you play in that you have to put in waiver claims for Engram?  If he's out there, he's a free agent.

Anyone that has drafted in the last two days may still have waivers going on after their draft. 

16 minutes ago, ak427 said:

No one is advocating dropping a top 5 TE for him and I don't think many people are saying he's gonna be the best TE this year. What we're saying is this guy is a wide receiver who happens to have TE eligibility. Eli makes careers out of guys playing where he is going to. I got him with my last pick in a 12 team draft. There's literally no risk and all upside here. 

Someone just said to drop rudolph for him.  The guy that ended at number two last season with a qb that joined the team a few weeks before the season started.  Drop a guy who will likely be even better this season for a rookie TE, that as I've already said; never come into the nfl swinging.

There is the voice of reason, I'm done with this thread hopefully some people stumble across this before it gets buried and they make bad roster decisions.

1 minute ago, Kyle87 said:

Someone just said to drop rudolph for him.  The guy that ended at number two last season with a qb that joined the team a few weeks before the season started.  Drop a guy who will likely be even better this season for a rookie TE, that as I've already said; never come into the nfl swinging.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

Just now, KuNiT21 said:

That's insane.  So I guess everyone who drafted Dolphins/Bucs can't make any changes?  

Of course they can.  

But they need to use a waiver claim to do so.  Free agents are a different process that doesn't become an option until the first week is completed.  

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Of course they can.  

But they need to use a waiver claim to do so.  Free agents are a different process that doesn't become an option until the first week is completed.  

Ahhh OK, I see now.  Thanks for the clarification.

10 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

There is the voice of reason, I'm done with this thread hopefully some people stumble across this before it gets buried and they make bad roster decisions.

i honestly don't think it is that bad.  yes rudolph has name recognition, but lets be honest that guy is middle of the pack, his production on a weekly basis is replaceable in most leagues.  you wouldn't be crying your season is over if you lost rudolph to an injury.  so if a guy wants to swing for the fences with a guy like engram more power to him.  he probably figures if it works he has a huge advantage now basically getting upper mid round value for nothing. and if he flops well he can drop and find a matchup to replace what would have been rudolphs production.  or there is the middle ground he turns out to be a middling TE like Rudolph and he basically has the same player with a different uniform and name

Dropping Rudolph for Engram right now is bad. I'm not saying to not pick up Engram, I'm optimistic, but dropping Rudolph is plain stupid. Anyone that tells you differently should likely be someone you flag with a note that says "be careful of this guy".

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Dropping Rudolph for Engram right now is bad. I'm not saying to not pick up Engram, I'm optimistic, but dropping Rudolph is plain stupid. Anyone that tells you differently should likely be someone you flag with a note that says "be careful of this guy".

Agreed, so what type of TE's should we drop for him? Doyle, Hooper types? Bc I do agree with a lot of posters here that he is going to be a monster this year and could have a huge game sunday if Odell is limited or inactive.

DeMarco Murray and Rudolph are two players that have high position ADP's and I believe that the majority of that cost is paying for last years production. 

Spend a 7th rounder on Rudolph, or spend a 14th rounder on Engram. Doesn't work out....scoop up a fleener. 

12 minutes ago, BlueDevils22 said:

Agreed, so what type of TE's should we drop for him? Doyle, Hooper types? Bc I do agree with a lot of posters here that he is going to be a monster this year and could have a huge game sunday if Odell is limited or inactive.

Gronk, Reed, Kelce, Olsen, Graham, Eifert, Rudolph, Ertz, and Walker are the only TEs I'd rather have over Engram.

Guys like Witten, Ebron, Doyle, Fleener, Henry, Gates, etc offer a decent floor with very little upside. You're buying average output with these guys, whereas the upside with Engram is much higher.

21 minutes ago, kball09 said:

What if you got ertz and engram and rudolf and you neef a roster spot?

Who do you drop?

I watched every one of Engram's games and I had him as a top 15 player overall and the #1 TE.  He looks like a faster version of Jordan Reed the way he dominates the middle of the field and is already very advanced as a route runner and technician.  If he's deployed the right way, he's too big for safeties to cover and too fast for LBs.

The biggest concern I have for this year is how the Giants are planning on using him.  The Giants run out 3 WR sets more than almost every team and I don't think they'll put Engram in the slot as much as they should given that they already have OBJ, Marshall, and Shepard.  I love him for dynasty but I would have a hard time picking him over guys like Ertz or Ebron.

10 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Gronk, Reed, Kelce, Olsen, Graham, Eifert, Rudolph, Ertz, and Walker are the only TEs I'd rather have over Engram.

Guys like Witten, Ebron, Doyle, Fleener, Henry, Gates, etc offer a decent floor with very little upside. You're buying average output with these guys, whereas the upside with Engram is much higher.

I think pairing Hunter Henry and Engram is a decent strategy. I see high ceilings for both. The combined stats for Henry and Gates was like 1,100 yards and 13 or 14 touchdowns. 

That would be for 12+ teamers only. Though I just did it in my 10 teamer too.