NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deshaun Watson 2017 Season Outlook

TX Babe Ruth

I think O’Brien is a Watson owner for sure. 

Watson kept pouring it on against Titans even after the game was way out of reach. Against the Chiefs...Texans were down 39-20 with 7:22 left to go in the game. During that time frame Watson passed for 2 TD’s with 1 of them with no time left in the game and then he ran in for a 2 point conversion to finish. At the end it felt like the Texans won the game but it was actually Watson owners winning their fantasy week thanks to O’Brien making sure we didn’t have to post here 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, chud12 said:

Pretty sure Bill O Brien kept running of the score two weeks ago when they were dismantling the Titans.  Up by 20 plus in the 4th quarter they kept throwing. 

It’s called playing until the final whistle. Just because your up doesn’t mean you have to take your foot off of the other teams neck. Also the other way around when they were clearly about to lose the game to the Chiefs and he kept firing off TDs. That’s why he has QB1 overall potential

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

PSA

Started Funchess this week and he was garbage after two good games

Started Watson this week and he...well you know how this story is going to end

Do not start Watson if you want to win this week because the Browns will find a way to stop him

Watson is going to play the whole game regardless of score.  Let's not forget he's a rookie that didn't get the starting job until recently and still needs to get reps in to learn the NFL.  He's not some veteran who knows the playbook and defenses like the back of his hand that coaches can just rest once they're up by 2-3 TDs.

don't fear Watsons numbers not being what they have been historically this year simply because you don't envision him playing from behind this week. 

win or lose this team plays every minute of all four quarters- you never really realize how many teams mail it in when they are ahead or behind till you see a team like HOU grind for 60 min. 

and w the defense being banged up as it is the offense is going to have to put up a lot of points to help it limp along. 

start in confidence and enjoy the 30-40 pts he's going to throw up. 

Guy is an absolute machine out there. Tough spot in Seattle coming out of the bye, but I may just let it ride and take my lumps as they happen. Feels like a game where he might have to run one in, and his ceiling even in a tough matchup is still higher than any trash on the waivers.

Just now, lolcopter said:

Guy is an absolute machine out there. Tough spot in Seattle coming out of the bye, but I may just let it ride and take my lumps as they happen. Feels like a game where he might have to run one in, and his ceiling even in a tough matchup is still higher than any trash on the waivers.

I'm starting RoS regardless of matchups...already all in with him in three money leagues

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

I'm starting him with confidence.  He's potentially match up proof - in the close one score games his production will be even more important.

15 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

In tough matchups such as next week vs Seattle, would you still roll with him over someone such as Alex Smith?

1 hour ago, Queso said:

Glad I was able to pick him up on the wire a few weeks ago. While he isn't a great QB in real life he's a fantasy stud!

I will start Brees over him coming off the bye at Seattle.

Lol how so? Looks pretty good to me. doesn't have the biggest arm but he can still drive it downfield enough to matter.

Definitely a top 10 QB this year, possibly top 5, but I'm thinking it is time to sell high to the Rodgers owner in my league. Watson just had an incredible stretch of games and I doubt it's going to get any better than that for him.   I have Dak and am comfortable with him going forward.  Watson's schedule is going to get harder.  

28 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Definitely a top 10 QB this year, possibly top 5, but I'm thinking it is time to sell high to the Rodgers owner in my league. Watson just had an incredible stretch of games and I doubt it's going to get any better than that for him.   I have Dak and am comfortable with him going forward.  Watson's schedule is going to get harder.  

He actully has had a pretty soft secondary schedule recently, but it doesn't get that much harder.  Seahawks, Jags, Cardinals, Steelers are the only defenses I'm remotely worried about going forward.  But this TD streak is unsustainable.  Very decent chance you can sell high and make out like a bandit.  That's not to say he sucks going forward.  He can regress from leading the league in TD's and still be VERY good.

24 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I did the math earlier in this thread for Watson to be a top 5 qb. 

Cousins was 5th last year with 306 pts. About 19 per game. 

Watson would have to average around 17 per game to hit that threshold. I'd say he is more than likely top 5 at the end of the year if he stays healthy after the Rogers injury.