NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deshaun Watson 2017 Season Outlook

TX Babe Ruth

thinking about benching him for River against NE but can't get around the decision to do it. He has been a stud against anybody so far, would feel stupid to overthink it this time, especially after having a bye week to fully prepare and get his timing with Fuller and all even better

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Quality analysis there.

He's universally a top 5 rank ROS everywhere.

And tell that to all the people who lost to Wilson last week after he riddled the NYG secondary in the meadowlands.

the Meadowlands is home to the world's greatest Harness Racing - the Jints/Jets play in a homogenized foosball cathedral called MetLife Stadium.

HTH

?

On 10/25/2017 at 12:08 PM, calibar said:

thinking about benching him for River against NE but can't get around the decision to do it. He has been a stud against anybody so far, would feel stupid to overthink it this time, especially after having a bye week to fully prepare and get his timing with Fuller and all even better

definitely start Rivers over Watson this week.  SEA still has a good D, and they play better at home.  Rivers is playing against a NE defense hasn't been good and continue to lose personnel.  also i realize that Watson has been hot lately but i went back and looked at the stats, the production has been anchored by some crazy touchdown totals,  he really isn't passing all that much and the numbers he has gotten to this point have been inflated by a soft schedule.

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

definitely start Rivers over Watson this week.  SEA still has a good D, and they play better at home.  Rivers is playing against a NE defense hasn't been good and continue to lose personnel.  also i realize that Watson has been hot lately but i went back and looked at the stats, the production has been anchored by some crazy touchdown totals,  he really isn't passing all that much and the numbers he has gotten to this point have been inflated by a soft schedule.

How many times have you actually watched him throw? Because those totals are inflated by how great he's been for awhile now.  

4 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

So people are saying his performance has only been good because hes been throwing tds?  Guess I'll start a better QB that doesnt throw tds...

No, according to his detractors his TD passes are fluky, you want the QBs who throw non-fluky TDs

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No, according to his detractors his TD passes are fluky, you want the QBs who throw non-fluky TDs

Is it being a detractor to say he's playing in seattle next game, and SEA def is better than KC,TEN, CLE or NE? I'm torn between him & winston for this week, but ROS it'll be Watson. I'll certainly remember this week results when i'll have to face the same decisions week 15&16

2 minutes ago, egolam said:

Is it being a detractor to say he's playing in seattle next game, and SEA def is better than KC,TEN, CLE or NE? I'm torn between him & winston for this week, but ROS it'll be Watson. I'll certainly remember this week results when i'll have to face the same decisions week 15&16

Yeah, it is.

Good luck with your roster decisions on your fantasy team.

2 minutes ago, egolam said:

Yeah I don't get it. 

It's not like there are detractors. There are people who are recognizing more risk than the last 4 weeks.

I own Watson and if he tears it up, great. I also understand all the reasons why some may think a sub-par game may be coming here.

58 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Yeah I don't get it. 

It's not like there are detractors. There are people who are recognizing more risk than the last 4 weeks.

I own Watson and if he tears it up, great. I also understand all the reasons why some may think a sub-par game may be coming here.

Sure maybe...but he’s mulifaceted.  This may be the game he rushes for 80/2.     Hard to bench a guy playing this well but it is Seattle so I wouldn’t call u crazy